• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who dosn't deserve to return

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
For me, as much as it pains me to do this for some of these, these are the guys I believe don't deserve to return:

-Pichu
-Roy
-Young Link
-Dr. Mario

Tera253

Smash Ace
no, Doc owns. he'sthe 2nd best clone character on the tier list. (followed by Ganns, Roy, Young Link and Pichu).
they all deserve to come back.

Now, which would-be newcomers do not deserve a spot?

~Tera253~

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Good question...

Pichu. (whoever said doc is off their rocker, doc is awesome)
Roy is pretty much useless
Yoshi. I've always disliked him (Well I love yoshi, but as a smash character. NO)

That's about it for me.

newcomers?

Wario looks like a useless joke character OMG HE FARTED!!!11one!!!

grow up.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Who doesn't deserve to return? my favorite character to play: Falco. Not that he doesn't play amazingly, which he does. But in terms of all-stardom, he's somewhat below Krystal and way below Fox and Wolf. And I think four Starfox chracters is pushing it.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
They all deserve to return. Simple as that. All of the characters have gotten pretty popular worldwide since they have been in Melee, so I will assume we will be seeing most if not all the characters back for Brawl. Some will, get replaced, however, but I have heard Sakurai is removing Ice Climbers... Anyone prove this? Or is it just another fake rumour?

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
EW! Double post... ignore this please! Stupid Post quick reply button.. I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!

splat

Smash Lord
I think only Roy and Doc don't deserve to return. I mean, how many games did Doc play in? (He's not retro really, so don't start about retro characters, they started nintendo) And Roy doesn't deserve to return because the main reason for him in Melee was to promote his upcoming game.. Pichu is popular in the anime, Falco is Fox's best friend, Y. Link is the original Link, and Ganondorf is Zelda's #1 villian. I believe I mentioned all clones now. Kick me if I didn't.

JoinHIMinDeath

Smash Rookie
Pichu [..Pathetic]
Young Link [Although he'll make a comeback just in another name. "Wind Waker Link"]
Ice Climbers [I just don't like them. Take them away]
Mewtwo [I certainly don't care]

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
Roy
Doctor Mario
Pichu
Young Link
and Possibly Falco.

And please just because your "Good" with the characters above doesn't mean they're going to return.
Sakurai stated some Characters won't appear and thats final.

Wet Fish KO

Smash Rookie
some of the characters that dont think shud appear in brawl are...
pichu
marth
and young link.
although, taking them away would be a shame as theres not much point in only putting certain characters in only 1 of the SSB series and not the rest.
they shud just keep adding characters instead of taking them away as some people like to have the option of playin as them, eventho they probibly wont.

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
It's already known that there will be no clones in SSBB. Therefore, all the clones from melee will either be removed or significantly changed. My take:

Doctor Mario: Unfortunately, I think Doc will be one of those clones to be removed. Mario and Luigi are similar enough as it is. I'd actually like them to alter Mario from the "middle ground" rut he's stuck in and give him a more Doc-like play style.

Gannondorf: Gannon will make a return. His character is a staple for almost every Zelda game, and he can easily be given moves that don't resemble Captain Falcon.

Young Link: Here's another that I suspect will go by the wayside. I love Y. Link in Melee. He's a very interesting character. But if they are going to remove cloning, either Y. Link has to go or they are going to have to change Big Link's B-moves. The projectile's are essential to the Y. Link character concept.

Pichu: I can easily see Pichu being removed. There are too many pokemon in the game as it is, and having a horrible version of Pikachu doesn't do much for the game.

Falco: I'm on the fense about Falco. As others have said, Wolf and Crystal are both much more popular characters. I can easily see Crystal or Wolf getting original move sets. Considering this, I wouldn't be surprised if Falco got the axe.

Roy: The question isn't whether or not Roy can be assigned new moves. He can, very easily. The question is whether or not both Marth and Roy will be replaced by different Fire Emblem characters.

So what about the non-clone characters? I would like to think that they won't remove any of them. The similarities between Melee and Brawl are enough that it wouldn't take much effort to translate a character over. There really isn't a significant reason to completely remove any established character. But who might be?

Marth: As I said above, I wouldn't be surprised if Marth and Roy were replaced with other Fire Emblem characters.

Game and Watch: Not many people even knew who G&W was when he arrived in Melee. He is relatively unimportant, when compared to the likes of Mario and Link. I could see him being removed just to make space for more relevant characters.

Ice Climbers: The ICs are another obscure set characters, but not as much as G&W. The only reason I could see them being removed is to same time and energy programming their unique battle style. On the flip side, they be left in simply for their uniqueness. It could go either way.

Mewtwo: A pokemon can be removed much more easily than any other character. To save space or to be replaced by a more modern pokemon character, I could see Mewtwo being removed.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yes, but that is your opinion. I happen to really like Pichu. But as I said, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
The only thing good about pichu is hitting him with a falcon punt, pausing the screen and looking at falcons extended punting leg and pichu flying like a football and crying.

He hurts himSELF for christs sake, he's annoying, and he's emo!

Mario-man : Ok, so chudat can play pichu. Doesn't suprise me, and doesn't make me think anything more of the character.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's not the question wether they will return or not, it's if they DESERVE to return. And in fact, I think all the characters, clones or not, deserve to return. Characters that are good don't have any reason to be removed. And characters that aren't as good or are almost the same like other characters (Mario--> Dr. Mario, Link--> Young Link) deserve a second chance I think. I don't want any characters to leave actually, it's not their fault that they suck. The programmers rushed the game and made them bad, why not giving them a 2th chance to make them better?

TJK1997

Smash Journeyman
Pichu Dr mario and maybe young link.Maybe shiek also because no apperence in TP.They should all stay and give them new moves thorugh

El HP

Smash Ace
I hate the Ice Climbers I dont know how they got in smash before Wario and Pit, Pichu is a waste together with Roy he is just a crappy version of Marth.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
See, you look at it the wrong way too. Sheik is a high tier. A lot of peeps play with her. She has a great moveset and was essential in OoT. Why should they throw her out? She deserves a spot I think! She may not be in TP but that doesn't give her less right to be in Brawl when you look at the huge amount of Sheik fannies.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
See, you look at it the wrong way too. Sheik is a high tier. A lot of peeps play with her. She has a great moveset and was essential in OoT. Why should they throw her out? She deserves a spot I think! She may not be in TP but that doesn't give her less right to be in Brawl when you look at the huge amount of Sheik fannies.
You're acting like characters should be judged on their merits in Smash Bros. alone, but could Smash Bros. exist without all the original games? This is an all-star throwdown versus match we're talking about here. Whether they were good in Melee or not isn't important, whether they are god characters on their own merits is.

My advice for considering characters is to not think about Smash at all. Act as though you're making the first giant crossover game for video Game stars? Who would you include then?

I hope not Pichu, because if so, you need to play more freaking video games.

Sheik herself was pretty ****ed significant in OoT, which is possibly the greatest game of all time, so maybe. But whether there are fans of Melee Sheik wouldn't enter into in an ideal world. After all, you could always just pop Melee in your Wii if You're a fan of how she played in it.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It does matter. First, a character is chosen to be put in Smash. They choose a character based on his fanbase in different games (Mario in the Mario serie, Falcon in the F-Zero serie etc). After that a character has been put in Smash, people will like characters which they label as their 'favorite'. This gives Mario an even bigger fan base, not only in his own Mario serie but now also in Smash.
So, Sheik has been getting more fans after her appearance in Smash. She already had a fanbase after OoT and it has increased now. So no, I was not saying they should only be judged in Smash, you misread me.

Pichu, however, is different. In Japan, he is incredibly populair. However, in Smash he was probally the character with the worst moveset due to a rush of the programmers. Too bad, because it would be fun to see Pichu kick Bowser's @$$. So, Pichu didn't get that much fans after Smash. Not in the US though. In Japan, he is still populair. And you know what happened to Marth and Roy who were populair in Japan.
I think Pichu deserves a second chance. The programmers made a mistake to rush the game and just put 'some' characters in that look like other characters. With his own moveset, Pichu could get the respect that he deserves to have.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
The only character that doesnt need to be in is Doc...

I dont understand all of this Ylink hate... :( he has the most potential to be luigified... and hes so cool... :(

doc was completely pointless IMO... and i would like pichu to return, but i wouldnt be too sad if he left...

everyone else should stay IMO...

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that logic and reason were banned from this topic.

Who really deserves to go?

Dr. Mario - No point when Mario and Luigi are there.
Captain Falcon - A racing game character? Really? He's car has more of a right to be in this game than he does. Take him out!
Falco - Crystal or Wolf > Falco... add both of them or take Falco out. Winga-wing-dabba
ICs - Pointless characters that hardly anyone knew about before Smash.
All Pokemon - Just a ploy to get more people to buy the game. Even if nintendo makes the games, they are not really nintendo properties. I mean, Jigglypuff's moveset is basically a copy of Kirby's anyways. Which is ironic...
G&W - Even more pointless than Ice Climbers.
Marth and Roy - Non-nintendo characters that weren't ever even heard of in America before Melee.

Talking about who "deserves" or "doesn't deserve" a spot is pointless and a little juvenile. There are a million people who will disagree with you just because they like this or that character. A well made argument goes a lot further. Don't scold people for trying to infuse a little intellectual conversation into a topic.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
^^ wow... lets just destroy the entire SSB roster...

btw... learn what you are talking about... jiggly is a clone of kirby... news to me... or is it just becaus they both float... so they MUST be clones...

and since when isnt fire emblem nintendo??

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Jump, some of your arguments are very flawed. I've no idea what you're trying to argue with the Pokemon, seeing as they are entirely owned by Nintendo and are included in the game because they are Nintendo's 2nd best selling Franchise (and the sales of D/P shows it's just as popular as ever). And Fire Emblem is a Nintendo franchise, I've no idea why you think otherwise.

And since when was there a rule that racing characters couldn't be in smash? And you need to elaborate about the IC's and G&W being pointless characters, or have you something against retro characters?

The only real thing I agree with you is about Dr.Mario, as you seem to want Falco out even if he isn't replaced by another starfox character, which is the only reason why he should be taken out.

True...Even though Doc is great.

Captain Falcon - A racing game character? Really? He's car has more of a right to be in this game than he does. Take him out!
If you knew,F-Zero was a great game franchise,and Falcon is the only F-Zero representative,and we would all like him to stay,for his is an original character from both previous games.And you expect him to be removed?*Logic Crash*

Falco - Crystal or Wolf > Falco... add both of them or take Falco out. Winga-wing-dabba
Falco is Fox's right hand man.He has been one of the more important charaters in the Star Fox franchise.They're like brothers,and doesn't deserve to be replaced by some ameture pilot.

Probably not to you,but Ice Climbers was a very fun game,and smash also taught some Nintendo history,so we knew about alot of things since smash.

Ice Climbers are also first of their kind to use a tag character system,and a very intuitive one too.I'm all for the IC's staying.

All Pokemon - Just a ploy to get more people to buy the game. Even if nintendo makes the games, they are not really nintendo properties. I mean, Jigglypuff's moveset is basically a copy of Kirby's anyways. Which is ironic...
Actually,Jiggs is an original character now,even though in SSB64 their movesets were similar,they redefined jiggs in Melee to have an original moveset,so that is invalid.

Why? Because YOU never knew of him?

Marth and Roy - Non-nintendo characters that weren't ever even heard of in America before Melee.
Marth and Roy are from intelligent systems,a subordinate company owned by Nintendo.And there is NO WAY marth should be replaced because:

1.Marth is the first Fire Emblem lord ever,and was in Fire Emblem 1 and 3

1.Thanks to him and the Franchise,Fire Emblem has gained world wide popularity.

So why remove him?

Talking about who "deserves" or "doesn't deserve" a spot is pointless and a little juvenile. There are a million people who will disagree with you just because they like this or that character. A well made argument goes a lot further. Don't scold people for trying to infuse a little intellectual conversation into a topic.
Strange,your argument isn't well made or is it intelligent,it's just biased.

Quit contradicting yourself.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
They all may deserve to return but like it or not, it's a high chance that some characters might get the boot. It's not certain but there is a very high chance.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
We can't get too optimistic though. Most likely he's just talking about a few characters being replaced rather than a huge overhaul, but the lack of confirmed characters is somewhat unnerving.

Wrath`

Smash Master

Dr mario:i agree,but give mario dr. better moves

Capn' falcon:What are you on?F-zero is a popular and great racing game.They will most likely add more from that franchise

Falco:Dont get me started.Falco is the 2nd main in the starfox franchise. IMopinion Panther>everone

IC:clasic arcade,know yo roots son.

Pokemon i dont like that much,but when is jpuff a clone of kirby.BLAZE/LUCARIO for ssbb

G&W Roots m' boy,ROOTS

Marth/roy:Kick your azz to the street,and once they came here they were loved like puppies.

You say you are inteligent when your even more foolish than me.

:******: :******:

Top Bottom