• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who dosn't deserve to return

Young Link
Ganondorf (too strong)
Marth (roy's better)
Pichu (annoying and is suicidal, which means that it hurts itself each time when it attacks, like thunder)
Peach
Sheik/Zelda (hated)
Ice Climbers
You couldn't be any more wrong.Marth has amazing speed,great combo ability,his ranged attacks have high knockback,and the longest grab range in the game.His also high tier on the tournament listings.WTF are you talking about?Roy sucks.:laugh:

Zelda/Shiek is one of the most characters in the Zelda franchise.Afet all,it is the legend of ZELDA.Shiek is also one of the most popular characters in the game through her sheer cheap tactics.

Who ever said that Yoshi and Dr. Mario needs to go, well:
Dr. Mario is stronger and has more defense than mario, but is slower
Yoshi is a main, and will ALWAYS be a main. If you watched the second smash trailer at Smash Dojo, and saw Yoshi's stage, then you know that yoshi's returning, they wouldn't have a Yoshi stage without him in it.
True enough...

If you say that Ganondorf needs to stay, only one prob.: too strong.
Go play a good Falco,then we talk.

If you say that Pichu and Marth needs to stay: whole bunch of problems.
I can agree with Pichu,but Marth must stay,for he is the main Fire Emblem lord.He was in Fire Emblem 1 & 3 for the NES(Famicom).Not to mention he helped bring the franchise over sea to other nations.Marth..if anything,is a MUST stay.

If you say that Peach and IC's need to stay: Peach is practically a sandbag (attacks are weak and flys away like jiggz), and ice climber's are just annoying and troublesome.
Peach is one of the most powerful characters in the game her Float Cancel attacks cut of almost all lag.And if you CC her D-smash it does 50% damage average.Her Turnips are also an annoying projectile,Her Nair has alot of priority,her Fair destroys shields,and she has deadly edge game.She's too good son. ; )

The IC's are also one of the most awsome and unique characters,why would you want them removed?

Sheik/Zelda: I just simply HATED that character(s).
I already explained that.Having Zelda removed really isn't wise considering that she is zelda.

I think you should gain some more knowledge about smash,then make your decision. : )

BTW,Paranoid isn't the idiot,you are.

elbryan

Smash Cadet
I've been reading a lot of these threads recently and the plausible characters that will be out will be:
Doc and Pichu just cuz I think they want to add different pokemon and Doc is in essence mario and hard to luigify.
Controversial people:
Young Link - i understand why people think he should go, but there is a lot of potential with the whole WW and cel shaded games to make a fun character
Roy - is realtively less popular than Marth, but a lot of people like him still so i could see him staying. To me its more plausible that he goes and a character with an axe or spear joins in thats a main character just to add more variety.

Other than that a lot of the "clones" can be changed as people say. Other characters will stay because they are all very different, and in general, a mjority of people don't hate any of the characters(like there isn't a million complaints over lets say yoshi for example). Plus i mean characters that people didn't like how they were in Melee, and a lot of the public agrees with them, will be tweaked and changed in brawl.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ganon is too strong? Well of course he is, but he has his weaknesses. (predictable in one on one battles) Plus, since he's Link's arch nemesis, he'll be definately making a comeback. I course, I want you to elaborate more on Ganon being too strong Nintendo Advocate. Intertain me.
Isn't Ganon just Ganondorf in his beast-pig form?

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Why do people not want Doc, Pichu, Y Link and all of the others?

Sure they're mostly low teir and normaly stupid to play as, but they're fun. Joke characters are almost always fun. Just because no one takes Pichu seriously doesn't mean he isnt a good addition. It's always a blast playing as Pichu in friendlies. There is more to the game than just tournaments.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
he has disadvantages, but do a one on one match, with no items, on final destination against him. I use yoshi alot, simply because yoshi rocks. When i face him, he charges up his punch and kills me in about 3-4 hits, all accurate. He's slow, but very powerful. even my friends tell me this. He's the most feared A.I. because of that.
Hmm.. Ever try avoid the slow, predictable attack in the plethora of ways made available to you? You could shield, you could do a spot-dodge, you could jump away, you could wavedash, and you could roll. If you want you can just punch him while he takes his sweet time charging up. The fact that you're complaining about Ganon, of all characters is absolutely laughable. The fact that you think Ganon should be removed is downright sad.

i could give a **** less about peach below god tier, tiers dont affect me; the person playing them do. (sorry for swearing) how is he too strong? read above. he's the strongest player in the game (not counting combos or anything).
So the general rating the Smash community gave characters doesn't matter, because you're a Smash god, and you know more than the pros about a character's merits, I suppose. But funnier still, you say "not counting combos or anything". Without counting combos? Honestly man, combos make characters good. You can't rule them out, then rate a character, or ****ty one hitters would be god tier (ie: what you've done).

I think that marth is weaker than roy, and don't like him that much. I only use him cause of his hair, his suit color, and he's faster than roy. but other than that, don't care much for him.
Yes, his hair and his suit are very good reasons to use a character, but also the fact that his tipper (hitting someone with the tip of your sword for a sweet spot) is ridiculously power, and allows you to keep your opponent at a range, and that he's faster are pretty good reasons as well.

by the way, Paranoid_Android is a fine example of an idiot.
don't disrespect me! :(
I may post something about a character that you like, but that doesn't give you rights to bash me on here.
I don't even particularly like Ganon - Yeah, he's a cool character from the Zelda series, but I don't play as him. And I'm not disrespecting you, I'm disrespecting the fact that you're arguing for a character's removal based off of amateur (at best) techniques, and the likelyhood of you having played in a tournament to see how characters actually stack up against one another are slim to none. Do you also tell your mechanic that his prognosis of your car is wrong without having any background in automobile mechanics? You're doing the same thing here.

and yes, its true, ganondorf is the STRONGEST PLAYER/COMPUTER on MELEE. He's slow and stupid, but VERY POWERFUL! His punch can kill jigglypuff in one hit!
Oh my! His punch, which takes a second and a half to charge up, kills a lightweight character in a single hit, provided said lightweight character doesn't avoid or block, or disrupt the attack in any way.

Kirye

Smash Ace
PA, I love you. XD

You sarcastically bashed him much better than I could've, I laughed through most of the post. (Then laughed some more at re-reading his "Ganondorf with perfect accuracy computer" crap.)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I laughed the most when he said Roy was better than Marth. I mean come on, its pretty clear he isn't. I'm a Roy player and I know Marth is better than Roy. Not to forget that Marth is more important to the FE franchise than Roy is.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
he has disadvantages, but do a one on one match, with no items, on final destination against him. I use yoshi alot, simply because yoshi rocks. When i face him, he charges up his punch and kills me in about 3-4 hits, all accurate. He's slow, but very powerful. even my friends tell me this. He's the most feared A.I. because of that.

i could give a **** less about peach below god tier, tiers dont affect me; the person playing them do. (sorry for swearing) how is he too strong? read above. he's the strongest player in the game (not counting combos or anything).

I think that marth is weaker than roy, and don't like him that much. I only use him cause of his hair, his suit color, and he's faster than roy. but other than that, don't care much for him.

by the way, Paranoid_Android is a fine example of an idiot.
don't disrespect me! :(
I may post something about a character that you like, but that doesn't give you rights to bash me on here.

and yes, its true, ganondorf is the STRONGEST PLAYER/COMPUTER on MELEE. He's slow and stupid, but VERY POWERFUL! His punch can kill jigglypuff in one hit!
I'm utterly amazed that there are people like you on Smashboards. I always figured everyone here knew a lot about the game. However, I have friends who don't play this game professionally and still understand general truths of the game= like the fact that speed pwns power (as it does in many other fighters as well)

. If you aren't going to go to some tournaments, at least watch some Youtube videos of pro fights and do some extensive research rather than make claims based off of the clearly amateur competition that goes on between you and your friends.

Tiers may not be perfect, but they pretty decently show how characters truly rack up (no intelligent person can argue that Fox is worse than Bowser). Since they are based on tournament results, ALL you have to do is win a whole bunch of tournaments with Ganondorf to prove that he is broken.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I laughed the most when he said Roy was better than Marth. I mean come on, its pretty clear he isn't. I'm a Roy player and I know Marth is better than Roy. Not to forget that Marth is more important to the FE franchise than Roy is.
That's pretty much how it is.

Although, Roy's normal B attack is extremely powerful. Roy even takes damage!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't get y every1 I no loves Roy more than Marth, while every1 here loves Marth more than Roy? I personally have used Roy more, but I have started to use Marth more. And y do ppl hate young link? Honestly ever played the game? His spin attack is difrent from Link, he can do wall jumps, while Link cannont, His arrow is diffrent, his swordplant is diffrent [both arrows and swordplant have fire (hot!)] Seriously at least change him to TWW Link, considering Zelda is the most popular series other than Mario's many series (Pokemon up there with it) than is owned by Nintendo. I just don't see him going, plus if he goes, I'll probablly never be seen on the BRAWL forums, and stick with Melee and SSB (njk, that how crazy i am). I don't get "hey we should remove a character, cause i don't like him, while that kid down the street loves that guy! IDK wat they think" mentality...it kinda not fair...i still think this proposed thing that "not all characters will return" is a bussiness/advertising move to make BRAWL more talked about, more debated, and more contiplated! Why risk losing any chance of a sequal by removing a character for being a "clone" or "copy", when you cna just change them? This is but a BRILLIANT BUSSINESS MOVE in my opinion, and I feel at most they'll remove three characters (if they even take that many out), which would most likely be Ice Climbers, G&W, and Shiek (not pichu cause it 1 of the msot popular pokemon). I also think Doc has a chance (sadly), and I do hope they all return....imagine BRAWL WITHOUT UR FAV CHARACTER!? WOULD U B HAPPY? See, thinking like that proves that at most 3 characters will be removed (aww....that weak....and would b a not very smarth move, now would it?)...This Stuff is Strictly Bussiness to Try to Ressurect and Return fans new and old....an attempt that is pure utter genius....it got my attention, now didn't it?

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
Everyone deserves to come back, BUT! The only two chars I wouldnt be upset about not coming back are Doc and Pichu (even though I like Doc, it's a little redundant to have him, just make Mario more like Doc and its a fix.)

Roy would upset me (though I'm prepared to see him missing too) because I use him...but only because he's cool =P (there's nothing strategic to it XD)

Everyone deserves to come back, BUT! The only two chars I wouldnt be upset about not coming back are Doc and Pichu (even though I like Doc, it's a little redundant to have him, just make Mario more like Doc and its a fix.)

Roy would upset me (though I'm prepared to see him missing too) because I use him...but only because he's cool =P (there's nothing strategic to it XD)
If Mario was more like Doc,things for him would be alot better.Like not having a sweet spot for his F-smash attack.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
PICHU NEEDS TO DIE!
He is the exact same as pickachu except hes faster, lighter, and does dmg to himself. He's just ASKING to be killed...
I like Dr. MArio. I think they should switch MArio and Dr. Marios stats and take out Dr. Mario. Also either Roy or marth needs to go. Only one of them.

Uber

Smash Rookie
Lol or just keep them? it's fun to just mess around with them. no one should be taken out of the game

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
The topic is who from melee dosn't deserve to be in brawl.

I think
1 Young Link
2 Pichu
change the positions around

1 pichu
2 young link
3 jigglypuff (another pokemon in her place EX: Deoxys, Lucario, etc.)
4 Shiek/Zelda
5 Ice Climbers
6 Peach

Don't hate me for what i posted, i just don't like those characters, especially pichu.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Here is my question,who the hell said clones were not going to be in brawl?Who?

BTW,Falco has way more priority than Doc.Falco isn't the exact same character in a doctors robe.
uh... nintendo said a long time ago theyre taking out characters from melee (even if they didnt say that its obvious they would) and when they loook for characters to take out the clones stick out like a sore thumb. Besides, clones have less popularity then the original characters, so they wouldnt have any problems taking them out.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
BTW,Falco has way more priority than Doc.Falco isn't the exact same character in a doctors robe.
Course not, his B moves, though have the exact same animations, all have a slightly different efect. He also jumps higher and has a spike.

You're right, completely different than Doc with his slightly altered B moves, weight differences and no spike.
My bad.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Course not, his B moves, though have the exact same animations, all have a slightly different efect. He also jumps higher and has a spike.

You're right, completely different than Doc with his slightly altered B moves, weight differences and no spike.
My bad.

While I of course can not speak for EPF, I'm pretty certain that he meant it character-wise, not SSBM fighter-wise. Falco is more deserving simply because he is his own character while Doctor Mario is just Mario in a labcoat even outside of Smash.

While I of course can not speak for EPF, I'm pretty certain that he meant it character-wise, not SSBM fighter-wise. Falco is more deserving simply because he is his own character while Doctor Mario is just Mario in a labcoat even outside of Smash.
Thank you.Someone who isn't an idiot.

I was speeking of the character in general,not the moveset.

Falco is not Fox.

But Dr.Mario is just.....Mario.

Clones may share moves,but it is their attack priority that makes them diffirent.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
PICHU NEEDS TO DIE!
He is the exact same as pickachu except hes faster, lighter, and does dmg to himself. He's just ASKING to be killed...
I like Dr. MArio. I think they should switch MArio and Dr. Marios stats and take out Dr. Mario. Also either Roy or marth needs to go. Only one of them.
It seems to me that the majority of people on this site and around the world for that matter want Pichu and Dr. Mario never to return to the game of Smash. Man, if only they didn't have so many flaws in there moveset.

@ Eternal Phoenix Fire, why did you change your avatar bro? In that picture, Pit has the glare of death that intimidates the heck out of a person, Sora does not.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman

Im sorry, your right.
After all, Samus is completely different person than Zero Suit Samus.

again, my bad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still Zero Suit Samus is more of a Zelda/Sheik like character instead of taking a character spot which Dr.Mario does... And I bet Zero Suit Samus and Samus are FAR more diffrent from each other than Mario and Dr.Mario.

Falco is another story, in Melee he was already very diffrent from Fox. But he has actually potential of having his own moves, cuz he's a whole diffrent character than Fox. Dr.Mario IS Mario in a doctor suit... ohh and he can throw pills and hits harder with his Fair. Big deal? Instead of being a boring character, he would be better as a cool costume.

Top Bottom