• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you want in smash Poll. Spyro and Ayumi Tachibana are now on the poll!

Who do you want in smash?

• Total voters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And to make matters worse, the TOXIC SSB fans want Stupid UN-REALISTIC character picks thaf WON'T FIT IN such as Steve of Minecraft or Fortnite Guy or Scorpion of Mortal Kombat or CJ from Grand Theft Auto or Characters from Western Games that are OBSCURE in Japan, (Don't get me wrong, these games are great and all, and i do want to know what would happen if they got into Smash, (and i would be happy for those whose favourtie characters got in as fighters, hell, i felt sad for the Shantae fans because Shantae is "dead" and that there is no other way to play as Shantae) but i am worried about the problems these characters would cause in Smash.)
I don't think those characters would cause any problems in Smash, but it's really just up to opinions. There definitely wouldn't be any problems in the game, though, the devs would make sure of that, it's really only a problem for some people if they hate them that much. The majority of those characters fans' aren't toxic, anyway, and only get mad when someone is being a jerk about not wanting them in Smash, acting like their distaste is objective fact or something instead of saying it normally.

As for Yoshi and Pikachu, Tetris Attack are just spinoffs for them, so it's not like they wouldn't be in if they didn't have those games. You can blame Nintendo for not continuing Panel de Pon and fearing it wouldn't go well in the West. And Sakurai has already included characters that seem like some the majority of the Japanese fanbase doesn't care about.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, remember that Tetris Attack and Pokémon Puzzle League Fiasco? Yeah, that is the reason i want to see Lip join Smash more than anyone else, to SERVE JUSTICE..... I mean, Yoshi and Pikachu get to fight, but the girl whose game they Hijacked is NOT even allowed to fight?! That's Not Fair! And to make matters worse, the TOXIC SSB fans want Stupid UN-REALISTIC character picks thaf WON'T FIT IN such as Steve of Minecraft or Fortnite Guy or Scorpion of Mortal Kombat or CJ from Grand Theft Auto or Characters from Western Games that are OBSCURE in Japan, (Don't get me wrong, these games are great and all, and i do want to know what would happen if they got into Smash, (and i would be happy for those whose favourtie characters got in as fighters, hell, i felt sad for the Shantae fans because Shantae is "dead" and that there is no other way to play as Shantae) but i am worried about the problems these characters would cause in Smash.)
Ah yes, if they didn't co-opt Panel de Pon Yoshi and Pikachu would never get in Smash :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, if they didn't co-opt Panel de Pon Yoshi and Pikachu would never get in Smash :yoshi:
Yoshi and Pikachu would still be in Smash, the only thing i wanna see about Lip os if she is in the Fighter spotlight like everyone else, and had Panel de Pon make it to America in its original state, Lip would have been in Melee.
I don't think those characters would cause any problems in Smash, but it's really just up to opinions. There definitely wouldn't be any problems in the game, though, the devs would make sure of that, it's really only a problem for some people if they hate them that much. The majority of those characters fans' aren't toxic, anyway, and only get mad when someone is being a jerk about not wanting them in Smash, acting like their distaste is objective fact or something instead of saying it normally.

As for Yoshi and Pikachu, Tetris Attack are just spinoffs for them, so it's not like they wouldn't be in if they didn't have those games. You can blame Nintendo for not continuing Panel de Pon and fearing it wouldn't go well in the West. And Sakurai has already included characters that seem like some the majority of the Japanese fanbase doesn't care about.
Actually, there IS a Problem.... the SJWs and Soccermoms or the Moral Audience. These moral audience have expressed Hate on Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto, and if at any point Scorpion and/or CJ or any other GTA protagonists got in Smash, there will be a Moral Outbreak against Sakurai.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually, there IS a Problem.... the SJWs and Soccermoms or the Moral Audience. These moral audience have expressed Hate on Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto, and if at any point Scorpion and/or CJ or any other GTA protagonists got in Smash, there will be a Moral Outbreak against Sakurai.
I doubt Sakurai cares about what some extreme people in America would complain about when they're also a minority (and they can just keep their children from playing the game instead of acting entitled if they're really so concerned), and he already added Snake, Bayonetta, and Joker.

Although I don't really expect GTA or Mortal Kombat in anyway, even if I wouldn't mind if they're in personally.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
He did change Game and Watch because some people in America said it was racist. (His forward smash was supposed to have a feather)
I doubt Sakurai cares about what some extreme people in America would complain about when they're also a minority (and they can just keep their children from playing the game instead of acting entitled if they're really so concerned), and he already added Snake, Bayonetta, and Joker.

Although I don't really expect GTA or Mortal Kombat in anyway, even if I wouldn't mind if they're in personally.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Does anyone think Morgan Freeman will get into smash?

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
How bout viewtiful joe? Very underrated character and series
I can't add him to the list up top but I can add him to a google sheets of fighters who couldn't make it.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
would you like to do one someone hasn't thought of before? I can add it to my google sheet.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
1615052601188.png

paper showdown was a game featuring my favorite girl marina lightyears

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
never mind it was fake
Maybe it wasn't fake
Rakugaki Showtime!
I think it came before my game Mischief Makers (or Trouble Makers)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Although Reese Worthington is unlikely, I would be absolutely excited if he got in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
With all due respect, The Following Characters should be added to your poll.

Ashley
Arle Nadja
Ayumi Tachibana
Adeleine and Ribbon
Reimu Hakurei
Chun-Li
Kos-Mos
TIki

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
With all due respect, The Following Characters should be added to your poll.

Ashley
Arle Nadja
Ayumi Tachibana
Adeleine and Ribbon
Reimu Hakurei
Chun-Li
Kos-Mos
TIki
I can't add anymore to the poll you first see but I'll add the 3 you vote for to my google sheets. I like to wait until they have at least one vote until I add them. Arle Nadja and Ayumi Tachibana are already there
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dh3aad9sjWdG7BZA_IzEiA1lNyue5pIiXiv5bYZ0NhE/edit#gid=0

Handy Man

Smash Ace
If King K. Rool wasn’t in Smash Ultimate, he would still be my most wanted character by far. But I can’t really bring myself to want anyone else at this point, besides Dixie Kong and Phoenix Wright. I’m just grateful that I live in a timeline where King K. Rool doesn’t pop up in threads like this anymore, as he could have easily missed Ultimate like so many other fan favorite characters did. I’m just so used to the Smash 4 days where he was seen as one of the “fan requested characters”, and people that make fun of characters like Waluigi, Geno, Isaac, and Sora today also did that to King K. Rool in the past. My point is that King K. Rool seemed like a dream for such a long time, that simply asking for anything else really doesn’t feel right at all. I hope anyone else who wants a character gets them in Smash, but for me, I feel like I fought so hard for King K. Rool that nothing else really matters at this point.

Top Bottom