• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you use in Cruel Melee?

Kruton

Smash Ace
Who did you use in Cruel Melee to unlock the Mr. Resetti trophy? I've seen various methods of herding and AI manipulation to rack up a nice KO number, with various characters.

What's your high score? And yes, I know about Luigi's sick herding methods.

Me personally have not found the time worthwhile to rack up triple digits figuring out a fail safe herding pattern, nor do I want to use videos as an aid. Me and a friend spent an hour or so with Roy to only get six KO's. I am perfectly happy with that.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Personally me, I found an effective n00b strategy in using Bowser.

Find a moment to Down-B the WireFrames. It will send them high enough so they don't counterattack you. Then get under the platform and Up-B them to death. Or something like that. It'll get you 5 KOs relatively easily.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I used Yoshi's egg spamming on the edge, and somehow I got 12 KOs. Guess I got lucky.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I've done decent with both Falcon and Pikachu. Everyone else... not so much :(
I'm more of an Endless Melee kind of guy.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Although I main Mewtwo, I suck with him in cruel melee. After a whole night of tries, I went away with a lame score of 25 K.O.
Last week I did cruel melee with Marth and got a nice 70 kills. Well my friends said it was nice but I'm sure it's pretty bad. *sigh*
So maybe Mewtwo ain't my best anymore...

aethios

Smash Rookie
I always use captain falcon. Haven't tried cruel melee yet though, never appealed to me lol

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I got 20 with Pikachu. I never try any evasive stuff in Cruel Melee or glitches for sick records or anything. I just prance around keeping them away as long as I can.

Which isn't very long.

Sonic-Smash

Smash Rookie
I mainly use Roy. He fast enough to move around for a second and get the wired people in the right area. The it's all Up +b. Of course, I only get like 3. -_- But DK is too slow to swiftly jump through them and use his Down + B. When I first tried it, They killed me before I got a chance to use DK's Down + B.

AIDS

Smash Lord
my YL has the best i think, i think my total in cruel melee is over 50 KO's i would hafto check. Low tiers are good in these pointless parts of the game.

Top Bottom