• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I love Ganon. It all started back in Melee, when I was first trying to unlock everything. While raising my Homerun Contest scores, I found out about funkytoad's guide for getting an easy 1000 ft with every character. Needless to say, it didn't take me long to realize Ganon's upsmash did 39% uncharged or that his dair had HUGE range. From there I picked up l-cancelling and wavedashing, quickly surprising my friends with a "fast Ganon" lol. He's just so fun to fight as!

Alteffor

Smash Rookie
:ivysaur: because I fell in love in 2.5, felt true power in 2.6, and now love her interesting playstyles in 3.0
:peach: because her float is such a unique trait that makes her one of the most interesting characters to play in the cast
:luigi: because I needed to learn to wavedash, and ended up staying for his fun, unique movement options
:yoshi2: because have you tried yoshi? So much fun.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I main: :roypm:

I will sometimes use: :falcomelee:, :wolf:, :ike:, :charizard:, :pit:, :ganondorfmelee:, :mario2:, :snake:, :yeahboi:, not in any particular order. I am planning to find a second main eventually to take care of the harder Roy matchups. I think Shaq is a good choice. I think that I'll really get to figuring out who I want as my sub-main further in dev.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
:peach: I pick her in every game that she's playable in (unless Rosalina is available), and she was my go-to gal in Melee. She's stuck ever since. I really like her characterization in Smash and playstyle.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I guess I'll go through all of the mains I've ever claimed to have at one point.

Current Main: :marth: I just feel really fluid and smooth when playing as him. I always loved playing as him when I was a kid...until I unlocked...

:roypm:: He was my favorite character in Melee during childhood. I used him faithfully for about 7 years until Brawl came out (though I was never that good).

These two helped me discover Fire Emblem, which is now my third favorite franchise of all time.
Because of that, my Secondary is :ike:: My favorite character from my favorite FE games. Probably the character I have the most personal attachment to. I also love his playstyle in P:M.

Now for the characters I main for dull reasons.
:pikachu2:: I was forced to use a Gamecube with no memory card for about 8 months. This is the guy who grew on me the most.
:zerosuitsamus:/:sheik:/:luigi2:: Like with Marth, I feel like I can do whatever I please with these three. I just couldn't get into them.
:mario:: See :pikachu2:
:zeldamelee:/:039:/:002:: :troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I did forget to say why I mained Roy... I mained him in melee, I love swords, and he is a fast-faller. I like them more personally.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
:gawmelee: I started playing him in melee as a joke, because I would destroy my friends if I played my actual main (Falco). I realized that the game became a lot more interesting and fun when you weren't doing the same old boring Falco **** over and over again and instead trying to figure out a character no one really played. I came to enjoy his strange animations and playstyle and ended up sticking with G&W when PM came out because of how much better he got.

:kirby: Kirby was always my favorite character is smash 64 because of his amazing gimps and recovery, and it was really a shame to see him become the worst character in melee. I really enjoy playing as him in PM, but if he had a 64-like dair he would be perfect to me. Still a very fun character.

I try to play all of the characters to get a basic understanding of how they work, and so I don't get bored! The ones I play the most are the two above, Falco, MK, Wario, Ike, Ganon, Falcon, and Charizard.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I'll go in chronological order as best I can.
:yoshi2: - Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo character of all time. As a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs. So much that I had like 7 VHS' of various episodes of the kid's show called Dinosaurs that is basically a sitcom with bipedal dinosaurs as the source of characters, and I think 4 of them were watched so much/often that the film inside the tape became worn really bad and tore. When Smash 64 came out I was so stoked. I would go to my next door neighbor's house and play everyday. I picked almost nothing but Yoshi the entire time I played with him. But eventually we moved because my mom's boyfriend at the time was a mega douche, so I didn't have Smash anymore or anyone to play with. 5 months later on Christmas, I got an N64 and Smash with it from my grandma and I was the happiest kid in the world. Now that I had the game to myself, I kept playing mostly Yoshi. I used to bring my setup to my dad's house when I'd visit him on certain weekends and we'd play forever. He also played with mostly one character, and that made me want to learn that character as well cause yaknow dad/son bond w/e. That character was....

:link2: - I had the time of my life learning Link on 64, and this is also the source of how I learned to love playing the zone game in every fighting game I play now. I continued playing Link effectively into Melee, back to 64 (with Yoshi too :D) after I realized what L/Z cancelling was and suddenly a whole new world was open to me. I taught the relevant skills to my dad and we started playing Smash every day again. The game was suddenly even more fun than it had ever been. Soon, I started really getting into the competitive scene of Melee. I knew I had to drop Yoshi or I wouldn't make it anywhere all that fast. I decided to find out what the easiest character to learn was that could survive a tournament. The first idea that came to mind was...

:ganondorf: - Ganondorf has been my main squeeze ever since this day. I learned how to wavedash with him almost instantly, and I even figured out what wavelanding was /on accident/ while practicing with him one day. While practicing with Ganon, that's when I first started to notice how much hitboxes really mattered in fighting games, and this event is what most likely led to my satisfyingly successful fighting game career. I fell in love with his u/fair and f/dtilt incredibly fast when I realized what I could do with them. This character is also how I taught all of my friends all about L cancelling and how much it mattered. That made them all better players, and in turn that made me a better player too. As time went on, Ganondorf's d/ftilts and other fighting games made me thirst for more of the zoner game. I wanted range on as many attacks as possible with as high of a reward as I can get. Somewhere around this time, I had started going through my edgy teenager phase towards the beginning of high school. Outside of Smash I mostly played JRPGs by myself. Star Ocean 1, 2, and 3 were in that list. Because I was currently into the whole blue haired hero thing at the time and my thirst for zoning in fighting games couldn't be quenched, I realized I should try out...

:marth: - And that's when Marth-sempai came into my life. Marth's amazing midrange game is exactly what I was looking for. With Marth I learned all of the rest of the game's mechanics, and remained in my comfort zone. I learned how to play by watching Ken and analyzed it probably harder than anything else I've ever analyzed in my whole life. I learned all about dash dancing and everything else after watching a video guide that Ken released one day, how to edge guard way more effectively in a general sense, everything. Landing those Ken combos on my friends after dodging all of their attacks was the most satisfying feeling of all time. Soon, I had become so good that I could 2v1 my friends with team attack turned off, growing all the way into 3v1 in present day. They aren't necessarily terrible at the game, they just don't know how to utilize mobility and less than common options as well as I do. So this is a major milesetone in my competitive career. I soon had to temporarily drop out of the competitive scene though. I had become a long hour working man and I just didn't have time for it anymore and most of the time wanted to play other games in my free time anyway. I still played with my friends sometimes though, so most of the time to keep it fair for them I wanted to pick a character I knew I'd stick with if I ever came back to the scene but I had no idea how to play so they had a good chance anyway. I picked multiple character to somewhat slow my learning curve on purpose though. Those characters were...

:fox: / :falco: - It was an honest struggle learning these characters at first. Especially since I was switching between them every match at the time. Eventually I learned and adopted the claw method and it became 10000x easier though. I learned how to wavedash out of shine with Fox consistently without sideB suiciding on 1/2 my stocks. I learned how to kill someone with a Falco Dair without suiciding. I learned even more about general tech chasing based on my experiences of Blazblue and Guilty Gear, and usually did it with an Fsmash or grab. I learned the strong use of N/Bair on both characters. After about 10th Smashfest with these characters, I learned how to shield pressure really hard while preventing them from being able to shieldgrab (another skill that carried over to other characters to make me better with them). I learned that I could stay mostly invincible near the ledge by shining and immediately upB to stall near the ledge and grab it. I learned even more about edge game when I discovered dropping off and double jumping with a bair or other options. There came a time when I wasn't working so hard as much and I had the opportunity to play more again. My best friend and I played Melee for literally 10 hours straight at least 4-5 times a week and at this time, my techskill with these characters (and inturn other characters as well) started skyrocketing. Because I was becoming a better player, my friend started asking so many questions about how I was doing certain things, which was great! Because of that and following my instruction, he too became a better player too. It just kept going like that for about five months. Eventually I did come back to the competitive scene with my new Fox/Falco tech. I did terrible at first until I learned all of my matchups better and soon became a dominating force in the area all over again. At this point in time, the Melee scene here had started dying completely. No one played anymore and they were so sure they were going to stick to Brawl, as they'd just learned of it's upcoming release. Eventually Brawl did come out, and it was an obvious bust. But for the time that I played it just to satisfy my friends, I did well enough. I stuck with every character mentioned so far, and picked up a few more just for Brawl. Those were...

:wolf: / :ike: / :snake: / :diddy: / :dedede: / :dk2: / :pit: / :pikachu2: / :gw: - This game was so ridiculously easy to learn even though I didn't like the game at all. I first picked Wolf because of a combination of his bair, laser, and ftilt/smash range. Eventually my friends would scream OP and I would have to pick a different character to avoid confrontation. I love the range game though so I ended up with DDD, Snake, and Pit for that, along with DK to some extent with his bair and sweet upB. I'm not even going to lie though I was just tier whoring when I picked Snake and Diddy. I don't even know what else to say about these experiences. All I did was play the range game and punish every approach. That's what wins these games so that's what I did. Mobility wasn't a real issue in this game so that just made it even easier really. Learning to control Pit's arrows was kinda fun though I guess. Eventually I got bored and started just playing for fun, which turned out to be "winning on accident" with Ike in free for alls. To this day I'm still sure that Ike is a crazy force for anyone in teams/FFA. He just has so much innate power that he can straight up kill two people at the same time low percents when they're doing grab fights or whatever. One day I noticed G&W become a thriving character in that game though. I was always curious about him but never tried him out. But yaknow, Brawl. It was easy as hell to learn him too. If I were to play Brawl presently though, I'd probably pick Pikachu every time. I can probably count him as the most mobile character in the game. It was easy to play mindgames, easy to kill, easy to survive, his dthrow was broke as hell, etc. I would play nothing but Pikachu in Brawl if ever forced to play. Now the Brawl scene was dead. There was no Smash anywhere to be found. But one day I came across THIS MOD. I immediately downloaded it and facebook messaged my friend telling him all about how I found a mod for Brawl that gives the game Melee's physics. I could tell just by his typing patterns that he was just as excited as I was and we just started playing that night, going back to the roots of 10 hours a day. The game wasn't quite finished because it was 1.0. At that time, wavedashing was affected by inclined surfaces big time. Wavedashing uphill was almost impossible for a good while. So I decided to try a few characters that I didn't really need that skill with. Inserting...

:sheilda: into my roster of characters. Zelda was AMAZING in 1.0 and was basically "that one broken character per patch" because she could set all three Din's Fires REALLY fast and no one really knew how to play around neutral B. Eventually I learned all about sweetspotting that foot every time and playing a perfect defense game with her (that zonegame in fighting games I love so much~). My friends got really mad that they couldn't approach me so I switched to Sheik for awhile and learned her, as if that made it any better ;). My Melee skill transferred over to this character flawlessly once I learned how to work around her extremely high short hop. If I don't know what to do in a PM matchup(mostly player instead of character matchup), I choose Sheilda as a nice safe option to feel them out and watch how they play. One day my friend and I were doing the usual 10 hour all nighter high as hell with energy drinks in the belly, and we stopped awhile to review some top players. We chose Darkrain that night. After watching some of his matches and combo videos, we were both nothing less than hell pumped to learn some...

:falconmelee: - I didn't have too hard of a time learning this character after getting used to his unruly speed and being so good with Ganon previously. This was another time in my Smash career that had life breathed into it. Landing knees was the most satisfying feeling in the world, and I just kept on learning how to land more and more even more frequently when I got all of his L cancel timings down. My friend never really caught on so he stuck with Mario, Ganon, and Marth during this time. Likely still one of the most fun characters in the game to play. Soon came more updates for the game and I was even more hyped for it than ever before. Eventually I was able to get all of my Brawl and Melee characters back except for Yoshi in 2.0. In 2.0 I started paying more attention to the growing competitive community. I aint gonna lie I was one of those people that had my tourney fun with Ike. But I also kept a pocket Pit and still maintained my skill with every character I've mentioned so far. I did however notice I started seeing more and more tournament results I never thought would see daylight, and I most definitely learned those two characters after I stopped being a real **** with...

:lucario: - I hated Lucario in Brawl, but this **** was AWESOME. He could rack up so much damage so fast for no reason that it was ridiculous to not pick him. If you landed a grab you could pummel the opponent for a whole 30% or some junk, and god forbid he shields a dash attack. I honestly just picked Lucario to win so easily for free money. But then 2.1 happened and he got his much deserved nerf hammer. I didn't mind though, kept playing him because he's still kinda fun. I like that it's way harder to play with him now. But suddenly...

:sonic: - After I realized his sideB was jump cancellable it was all over. I discovered this on accident when I was asked to pick random one day and got Sonic. And so my Sonic days were born. I was able to accomplish my zone game with purely speed and tricksies alone. I even mindgamed people a lot by wavelanding in place out of sideB so they'd block and I'd move in for a free grab. Or I'd just let it hit them and I could combo people to death once I hit 1 sideB. Sonic was so unfair. I swear by whatever existing deity that there was no such thing as a bad matchup for this character at the time. Took him all the way to the top with no problem. #WizzrobeStatus. Two more characters started becoming really relevant across the competitive scene, so naturally I looked into it, picked them up and learned them as much as possible. I like them just as much as every other character on the list now. Those were...

:bowser2: / :mario2: - I was always interested in Dr. Mario and Bowser throughout Melee, but never got into them nor did it happen in Brawl. But something about Mario in PM just feels right. It might just be because everything he does is awesome and punishes really hard. Amazing zoner with his fireballs and cape. Now that he has the great all around qualities rather than just a few with a bunch of cons, he will remain in my roster forever in this game. Bowser was just amazingly easy to abuse because of his ridiculous armor properties at the time. I would mostly use him to take my opponent to really small stages abuse his really long ledge attack and invincible upB. As soon as I found them making a mistake they'd get hit with a Fair in some way or another and that was the end of their stock. It was a RARE occasion that I even took damage as Bowser. On top of which, Bowser is SO mobile for a heavy character that it's ridiculous. Once you learn how to waveland after jump cancelling upB, it turns your whole world upside down. Bowser becomes a whole new frontier; an unstoppable freight train. Some days I just want to practice techskill though, just for the fun of it. For that I mostly pick...

:lucas: - Lucas is now my go-to training mode character when I want to warmup my fingers real good. I can't believe how much fun Lucas is when you start leading jump cancelled downBs into bair spikes or charged Smash attacks with relative ease. I feel like I have a lot more to learn here, and I still do learn more about him almost everyday, so he'd may as well be part of my roster since I do play him so much. My zonegame still hungers, though. So I decided I should learn even more about the game by picking more characters. The two that I picked at the time were...

:charizard: / :ivysaur: - It was incredibly easy to learn these characters and dominate anyone that didn't know the matchup so well. I liked spacing with Charizard's tail and getting free grabs with Ivy's Razor Leaf on shield hit. They're both so ridiculously easy to combo and KO with that it'd be ridiculous to not have them for uncertain matchups or something like that. I don't even know where to start explaining this because of how easy it was to play these characters. They both pretty much just auto combo everything in sight. So eventually I was just like w/e and added

:007: - Squirtle to the roster and really learned to play him with a strong hint of mindgame rushdown with shellshifts and grabs. It may not be so easy for some people, and I don't mean to offend or confuse those that think otherwise, but I've been playing on the Smash engine almost every day since the 64 days. So it's just becoming unnervingly easy to explore characters whenever I feel like it at this point. I will say though that Squirtle takes a special kind of skill to play and he is really fun and effective once you learn a little more about that. However, my Squirtle days were cut short when 3.0 was released. Everyone I knew was so excited about this happening. The entire character roster was finally happening. I was going to be reunited with the one character that started it all for me. Yoshi was the one character in the universe I was really waiting for, and I gotta say I'm SUPER satisfied with the results/waiting period ratio. :) And then came the announcements of....

:roypm: / :mewtwopm: - After I learned how to play these polar opposite characters via a few small tutorials and figuring out you can float cancel with Mewtwo, I was all over them. I didn't stop picking these characters until I felt completely satisfied with my performance and learned everything I could with them. I've never had this much fun playing these characters before. It took awhile to get used to Roy's fast falling, but eventually it was a non issue just like anything else. Roy is probably one of the most fun characters in the game to me now besides maybe Fox, and Mewtwo kinda satisfies my zoner game with his tail.

To this very day, I play with all of these mentioned characters effectively, and I plan on getting further into the tourney scene in DFW. I have extreme confidence with all of these characters. While I may or may not take first place, I'll still be doing what I love to do, and that's attending fighting game tournaments.

:034: is just my favorite pokemon of all time.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Ooh, I forgot to say who I mained.

I mained Ike because he is the reason I got into Fire Emblem. Plus his playstyle I'm in love with. Though Meta Knight is a close second.

Spookyjunk

Smash Rookie
Melee: BEFORE I learned AT's (Wavedashing/landing, l-canceling), Ganon. I loved his satisfying fair and dair. A
After learning AT's (mostly); Falco. I learned all the basic AT's with him and I absolutely loved how fast he can speed the game up.I still play ganon once in a while and he his equally as fun

Brawl: Lucas. I loved how he can stack on damage like nobody's business and USmash and DSmash deceptively linger around for so long. Plus his *bair* spike was a challenge to land but very satisfying.

P.M This is where it kinda spreads out a bit.
Diddy Kong: My favorite part about diddy is that he has a very fast game play and his bananas are just so fun to gimp with.
Roy: Swords are fun to play with. I like to play Marth every now and then but Roy just seems to pack a little more punch for his/my playstyle compared to Marth.
Mewtwo: His play style reminds me of peach (hovering) but more melee range. Very smooth character that seems like with enough practice, he can be one step ahead of any enemy

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I love Ganon. It all started back in Melee, when I was first trying to unlock everything. While raising my Homerun Contest scores, I found out about funkytoad's guide for getting an easy 1000 ft with every character. Needless to say, it didn't take me long to realize Ganon's upsmash did 39% uncharged or that his dair had HUGE range. From there I picked up l-cancelling and wavedashing, quickly surprising my friends with a "fast Ganon" lol. He's just so fun to fight as!
Have you ever tried DACUS with Ganon? It's pretty sweet.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Have you ever tried DACUS with Ganon? It's pretty sweet.
...Ha! I actually forgot about DACUS. I'm used to upsmashing out of initial dash, but I've heard it's easiest with Ganon so I'll definitely work on it next chance I play.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
:link2: Because I'm a huge Zelda fan first off. Secondly, I enjoy his play-style and varied moveset.
:mewtwopm:It's one of my favorite Pokemon. Plus, I see tons of potential in its playstyle.
:snake: I'm a MGS fan, and I enjoy playing as a defensive Snake with different weapons (Mk-22 and knife).
:lucario: I played him a lot in the P:M demos and really enjoyed him. Plus, he's a cool Pokemon

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
:samus2:= I love SWD combos and shenanigans. stylin' to da max. She fits my MBTI type quite well too. a strategist. her projectiles and new zair are great for limiting options of the opponent. carrying a full charge can do so much. the fear that it creates. the counter punishes. i love it. did i mention ice beam mode????
Samus has always been one of if not my favorite Nintendo characters and Metroid my favorite games.
:marth:= dat spacing game. for when my samus just can't quite cut it. Marth was one of those characters I just couldn't 'get' you know? Sonic is another one I just can't understand. Capt Falcon too. So I started playing with Marth in melee and PM to try to understand what all the fuss was about. dat grab range tho! landing a tipper or a ken combo is one of the best feelings. I recenetly got a 0- death JC grab->fthrow chaingrab off ledge dair spike.
:ness2: = he's so fun. PK fire vs people who can't DI is so deliciously evil. his bair. his new magnet. his pk flash edge guarding.. recently started DJCing. Ness was my first main in PM. just recently got into Earthbound because of him. He's such a cool character to me even if I can't win as much with him.

I'll go in chronological order as best I can.
:yoshi2: - Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo character of all time. As a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs. So much that I had like 7 VHS' of various episodes of the kid's show called Dinosaurs that is basically a sitcom with bipedal dinosaurs as the source of characters, and I think 4 of them were watched so much/often that the film inside the tape became worn really bad and tore. When Smash 64 came out I was so stoked. I would go to my next door neighbor's house and play everyday. I picked almost nothing but Yoshi the entire time I played with him. But eventually we moved because my mom's boyfriend at the time was a mega douche, so I didn't have Smash anymore or anyone to play with. 5 months later on Christmas, I got an N64 and Smash with it from my grandma and I was the happiest kid in the world. Now that I had the game to myself, I kept playing mostly Yoshi. I used to bring my setup to my dad's house when I'd visit him on certain weekends and we'd play forever. He also played with mostly one character, and that made me want to learn that character.
THE FEELS IN THIS POST

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
:kirby2: Because Kirby's Dream Land was the first game I ever played, and his series is still my favorite Nintendo series as of today. ^_^

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
My Main characters are :olimar:,:yoshi2:,:squirtle:, :ness2:. These are the ones I use for both M and Brawl. My best fighter is :olimar:. I used him because Pikmin is my favorite franchise every in all the vast universe. So when he was announced I devoted all my time and energy to leaning his crazy move set. While :ness2:, :yoshi2:,& :squirtle: are taking the helm n Project M due to my normal play style changing along with the Project M changes. :ness2:&:yoshi2: because they were my main characters in Melee. Now since :squirtle: is no longer held back I can get back into shell bumping (^-^)

POLOGUN

Smash Cadet
I started again with Project M. I stopped playing smash since 2010 because Brawl just didn't satisfy me at all, even of that I played like an addict for many years. I´ve been in smash games since N64 and I really consider it as my favorite game (taking into account that i have 19 years playing video games).

My favorites are
:diddy: Because Ive always been fan of diddy and DK, but specially diddy since SNES DK country series.
:ivysaur:I wanted a pokemon as secondary for the good early years moments, and trying them i considered ivy as the best for me and my play style.

In meelee i used to play Fox or falco as the majority of people in competitive level -.- but now i am so tired of its play style im sure that more than one of you feels the same.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
...Ha! I actually forgot about DACUS. I'm used to upsmashing out of initial dash, but I've heard it's easiest with Ganon so I'll definitely work on it next chance I play.
it's super easy! like, you can aaaaalmost just mash it and get a dacus!

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna main Olimar to try to make him not such a trash character as everybody views him as. I also played wario until 3.0, but now toon link because his movement feels super smooth.

Rizner

Smash Ace
64:

Melee:

Brawl:

PM:
(don't think there's a Zelda specific one) + a little

The reason for the first three: Kirby everything. For PM it's different because I picked up the game before Kirby was around, and after trying all the characters I enjoyed the style and movements of Zelda the most. I enjoyed the little things about her build that I was able to get into in the late 2.5/early 2.6 time. Since then, she's gotten pretty solid. Once Kirby was released I tried picking him up to be as good as my Zelda, but haven't gotten it quite there and I feel that at this point Zelda is better in most matchups when I play at tournaments. Plus kirby feels a bit different than in the other games, but I could see getting used to it after a while. I'm probably going to use only Kirby in doubles, and both characters in singles more often than I do now (right now I've been doing 1 game of kirby every 2-3 sets). I might pick up another character seriously until the major patches are declared over, because I don't want to go through a patch before tournament and have to figure a lot out in a week, but I'm not sure who it'd be.

Deezo1113

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deezo1113
3DS FC
5343-8624-7905
I main Bowser and Mewtwo in Project M. Bowser is always a main for me no matter how "bad" he is in a game because he's my favorite character. I never really cared for him til about 1999 or so because when I played Mario Kart 64, everyone wanted to pick Yoshi (myself included) so I decided to pick Bowser since I knew no one would pick him. After realizing how fast and underrated he was, I continue to use him in anything. As for Mewtwo, I like that he was supposed to be the most evil Pokemon because I love villains. Diddy Kong is a main too, but not in Project M yet. I use Diddy since DKC2 was my favorite SNES game. I played it so much that the cart stopped working...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Having now played in a setting where I had to make conscious character choices with money on the line, I can now safely say my main and secondaries.

I main Charizard and secondary Zero Suit Samus and Metaknight.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I've been picking up Falcon lately. I don't think he's close to sub and definitely not my main, but I think he's the people's main.

You don't have to be good with Falcon to use him, he just Is. Because he's just that amazing.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I main :sonic: because all you other fighter are just waay too slow. :p But no. Sonic has been my favorite Video Game character since Sonic 2 in the 1990's. So no matter how "viable" he is or isn't... I shall main him in any Smash game he is in. That is just how I spin dash... or roll. Yeah. I do miss Sonic Battle Sonic because he was unbeatable, but he's workable in Brawl. Slightly better in Project M. I just can't land the Forward Air Spike for nothing! Practice though.

I also main :mewtwopm: because he's the goddamn Mewtwo. He was my main in Melee and if he ever comes back, I will main him again. I love Project M JUST BECAUSE Mewtwo came back. And he's stronger too! No complaints. I just hope he makes into that OTHER Smash game coming out this year. :/

I like a bunch of other characters but those 2 are my "mains". Though in 64 version, I mained Mario and Fox and in Melee, I used Fox, Mario & Roy as well. I always play with Link but he's always sucked so I never play him unless going up against the AI. But in Project M... if I needed 2 "back-up mains", I'd choose Roy and Link. (I wish Roy had a costume based on his Fire Emblem: Awakening artwork. He looks so sick in that getup.)

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I've been picking up Falcon lately. I don't think he's close to sub and definitely not my main, but I think he's the people's main.

You don't have to be good with Falcon to use him, he just Is. Because he's just that amazing.
Scar approves :falconmelee:.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
It's funny that, while many people stick with their favorite franchise, I don't use my favorite franchise at all (the exception of vBrawl with Falco as my secondary)

WantingPichu

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoMercy777
In 64 I main :luigi64: because i personally think hes slightly better than mario due to the spin move.
In melee i main :drmario:, :pichumelee: because hes also better than mario and because well, hes funny. Whenver i play as him i always scream: EAT YOUR DRUGS KIDDIES! while spamming pills, lol.
And i main pichu because im obsessed with the pikachu family.
In brawl i main :pikachu2:, :kirby2:, and :mario2: because i play well with them and do mini combos with each.

In project M i main a lot of characters: :mewtwopm: for being awesome
:mario2: because of his returned melee moveset and Dr. Mario alternate costume.
:bowser2: because of his new super armor frames and ability to be Giga Bowser.
:roypm: for being a boss at an aerial turbo game.
:link2: for projectile game and alternate melee/OOT costumes.
And finally,:pikachu2:for the reason i mentioned before.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Samus for lots of reasons but mainly great recover and tether to avoid spikes and edge guards, link is close second but his susceptibility to combos and hard wavedash is off putting. Also samus swd hardest tech in the game I've read but when you get it down and you do nice combos or KO's it makes you look extremely fancy. She has a really nice wavedash that you can use to speed up her game even come you'll find she is already swift.

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
I main Kirby because hes my favorite character and hes fun despite him sucking in Melee although I do think hes better than Bowser & Pichu

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
I was ten years old when Brawl came out. My cousin had a Wii, and picked it up ASAP. He didn't play it until I came to his house. We used to live in the same neighborhood.
I was his cousin on his dad's side, and we would play 4-player Brawls all day, everyday with his cousins on his mother's side, who came to visit weekly. Some of our cousins who lived 1-3 hours away would come visit and we'd just start beating each other up. It was loads of simple, casual fun.

I got good at the game really fast. I mained :sonic:, who everyone considered ridiculously OP at the time. I learned all about edgeguarding/edgehogging all on my own (his Wii was the only one I had access to) and could time bAir perfectly. I also mained :marth:, and could land a tip 9/10 times. Everyone else pretty much struggled to keep up with me at this point, and pretty soon we were playing 3 vs 1 team battles, with me winning almost all the time. (I'm not showing off, in my defense they were all noobs)

One of them mained :lucas::kirby2::metaknight:, the other :snake::falcon:, then there's a :ike::wario: player, and there was this one guy who lived in another city that mained :pit:.
I got my own Wii and my own copy of Brawl, and I started to get even better. They all got frustrated playing Brawl with me because they could never get better with me kicking their butts, and pretty soon I was getting excluded when there were 5+ players wanting to play. (okay, maybe that's exaggerating it a bit.)

Months passed and everyone got tired of the game. My cousin got a PS3. We patched things up after that, because I was never really the best at playing Call of Duty. They loved Brawl as much as I did back then, and even though I started to miss the times when we were sitting in his room beating eachother up with Nintendo characters, I still played whatever game they wanted me to play, and kick ass, but I wasn't the best anymore. I slowly stopped playing with them, because I thought it wasn't as much fun as Smash was, so I sat alone in my room, learning how to beat the crap out of those pesky Level 9s.

Years passed. I moved to a new city, and soon grew tired of the game I loved so much. That was 2012. I started playing again a few months ago, when I found out about P:M.
Fondly remembering my Brawl days, I picked up at least one character that each of my friends mained. I now play :marth::kirby2::falcon::ike::pit:. (also :falco: because he is cool, and shinecancelling is incredibly gangsta.)
I cry a little when I play, but I usually shrug it off and start kicking even more ass then I used to back then.

Top Bottom