• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

Holty

Smash Apprentice
What characters do you main? Infact, what characters? And the reason why?

Is it because your main is from one of your favourite games, he's/she's cheap, or if you just really enjoy using them.

Most of my friends main Falcon, Mario and Kirby. Falcon for his speed, Mario due to being overally fun and from many great games, and Kirby for being cheap. Me? I main Link because I enjoy him the most and love his games.

So, how about you? :):):)

The Star King

Smash Hero
There's been about 3 million threads about the exact same thing, not trying to be rude or anything.

Btw lol @ your signature

Holty

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't lol at my sig. It's true and not something that should be viewed as funny :p

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
I main Marth. Yeah I hacked the game to make marth. I suck with all other characters so I made a cheaper one to win with no skill like I used to in Melee.

But seriously dow.
I main Yoshi because I picked him first and I just kinda stuck to it. I guess I am too stubborn to change because swapping would be like admitting defeat. I hate almost all other characters because they beat yoshi and I am too resentful to switch. I kinda wish I would have stuck to a cheaper character.

The truth is I just ouright hate yoshi now. He sucks so muchs. Why? I feel like its a personal insult from the game designers. "WaHAHAHAHA, so you wanna play as yoshi? now you have to endure a harder way than the others, a way so painful and sad, that leads to a worse plays than all the easier ones." I am fed up.

I have tried my hand with some other chars, about 10 in fact, and they all seem better and easier. I could switch right now and enjoy myself more, but why do I keep yoshiing out? I think its time to admit this game has been pure masochism for me, yoshi is just a mental prison and I have the key. I want to be on the giving side of a Falcon juggle combo instead of receiving it. I want to luigi uair ub to seem good. Go pew pew all day with that god**** fox I hate so much. Even Samus has a cool *** laser. What does yoshi has? What can he give me that the others can not? Loses, that's what yoshi gives me. I want to land a grab for the first time in my life dammit.

I think its time to start playing this game for real....

TL;DR I main kirby.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i main yoshi as i found yoshi the most interesting

I am probably using samus more than I used to since falcon is getting boring and that ive gotten used to barlw physics (floaty 0 combos..good recovery)

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu because I **** with him.

Mario secondary cause uair combos are fun.

Temporary pet favorites that I get bored with after a while comes after Mario. Currently this spot is occupied with Ness, though I tried Fox for the first time in a million years a couple of days ago and was magically doing stuff with him that I've never been able to do before so I might pick him up too. This spot has formerly been held by Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi, and Samus.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Mario since he is overall a fun/good character, and now Samus, I started playing her mainlt to improve other skills.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
Fox, namely because... Fox rocks. Not trying to be a scrub, but he just wipes the floor with pretty much anything that moves. Reflector for the win, esp. since projectiles are FAR better in SS64 than in other Smash games.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I main Yoshi because hes cool, and he can parry, break shields, do cool combos, and kill at low percents.

Doesn't get any better than that.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
Falcon cuz he reminds myself.
Fox cuz he is so cute and stylish
Yoshi cuz I have a small dinosaur in my house as a pet

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm best with pika, but I rarely play him; he's too easy to win with and not much fun for me. Falcon's my next best, and I used to love him, but he's boring me more and more lately. My fave is probably Weegee, for no other reason except that the joy I feel when I land an up-b is a little bit (ok a lot) disturbing. I mean, getting worked up over video games is one thing, but every frickin' time I hit with that thing I have to think about the earthquake in Haiti to calm myself down and go through with the rest of my day. I honestly have no idea why this is.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I main no one.

Because I don't care, I play whoever I feel like playing atm in any situation.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Falcon cause I think he's fun
Mario for throwing spicy meet balls and wasting my time trying to tornado spike

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
Fox, cause he's so fun and good on both my favourite Smash games.

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
Actually I can say 100% surely that that pikachu is male. Sheik also grew some bewbies in that unmentionable game. Zelda sure practiced her magic in between games.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Lol I meant in the way they are used of course, and that no character in 64 really looks like sheik, at least pika has those easy gimps and gay playstyle like sheik has but for the rest they are totally different

rom2014

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't really HAVE a main, but I have a few that I normally play with. I like Yoshi because he can be incredibly speedy and fun, Link because he can screw you over with projectiles and camping, Fox because he has insane (comboing?) abilities, Mario because he's just fun overall, and Falcon because of his speed and ridiculously fun taunt canceling.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Samus. Didn't really know who to use and the charge shot looked very appealing for clusterfks that often occurred in the game during free for all when we were all too little to play games well. Stuck with her when i started back up and my play style has adapted to her, so we make a good match.
I just wish they hadn't made ZSS busty in brawl, immediately everyone just thinks i'm a perv and don't actually like samus as a character.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
DK because a tie means business
I loled. =D

I guess the definition of a main is your main character,yet I don't think I have one.

I like to use DK (enjoy **** tent combos uair to usmash dair to usmash combos to spike and combos to PUNCH) mainly because he is fun and you could call him cheap, even though I don't believe in cheapness, but hes also very satisfying when you pull off a well timed and placed combo ending it with a big bang. I also like usuing a seeminly slow character and run circles around falcon.

Pikachu due to awesome combos that carry characters far off the stage no matter how heavy/light you are, awesome up b recovery which gives you some creative style and great priority moves.

Ness who is often underplayed, may not have the greatest recovery or high knockback attacks it is fun using DJC to break shields and combo.

I used to enjoy captain falcon but the juggling and combos seem repetitive.

Aaand cbf ranting on moar.

Top Bottom