• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you feel are the most well designed fighters in the game?

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
♦

yes. indeed. happy someone mentioned.

mario in particular always seems to feel like himself.

i love that.

he's off his rocker!

he goes crazy haha. i dont know.

and you feel like him.

and his jump is always satisfying.

in my history with smash i cant think of anyone else who feels so weildable.

♦

FazDude

Smash Master
I don't wanna pick out one definitive character here, so here's a list of character I feel are designed very well.
  • Fox
    • Fox might barely have anything from his home series, but honestly, I think he captures the gameplay of Star Fox amazingly. You can draw a lot of comparisons between his specials and the Arwing's capabilities - Laser is your traditional Arwing shot, the Fox Illusion boosts, and the Reflector reflects projectiles just like the barrel roll can. All-in-all, he captures the feel of his games while seldom actually taking anything from them, which is perfect.
  • Captain Falcon
  • King K. Rool
    • Moveset-wise, K. Rool is on point. Even with the belly armor considered, his moves feel really fun to land and capture the feel of a boss fight. Again, Designing For covered him wonderfully.
  • Sephiroth
    • I wouldn't really consider myself a FF fan, so this might be a little more controversial, but I LOVE the way Sephiroth was designed. He feels so intimidating, and he's one of the very few characters in the roster to get a comeback mechanic right.

Top Bottom