• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Creates Worst Play Experience

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bair wins everything always pick a character I bet Bair is good yep it is

Deft

Smash Cadet
has no one mentioned Ness!!? pk fire is way worse than razor leaf IMO. To this day I have not beaten a Ness on wifi.............

Also DDD. Screw that guy.

D

Deleted member

Ness has a limited range on his PK fire, characters with good rolls like lucario can shield and roll out of it, if you SDI hard enough you can get out, and ness already has **** range on all of his other moves...

Rikana

Smash Champion
I honestly didn't mind playing against Sonic whether I won or lost and this was during 2.5. Watching Sonic replays, however, was obnoxious. Playing against Zelda is annoying and creates the worst experience for me. I never played against an Ivysaur main so I don't know if I'd find it annoying playing against one. Watching Ivysaur play is already kind of annoying imo.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm just going to say beforehand that I adore the fact there are more characters in P:M with really involved zoning and positional control games, and the fact that many of these characters are good enough to have a commonly visible impact on the metagame. It's not all-rushdown-all-day, and that is a good thing.

That said, Ivysaur is a little ridiculous in recent incarnations. She has, iirc, some of the earliest IASA frames on her aerials out of the whole cast, meaning altogether fewer punish options across the board for her opponents. The core of a zoning character is that their primary guessing game interplay is centered around the question, "what option will the opponent use to engage, and how does the zoner force that engagement, then counter it?" Ivy is currently, "How do I shut down my opponent's attempts to defend, let alone engage, and maintain maximum unpunishability?" Then, she usually gets a very long, damaging combo off of that gameplan. The difference is subtle, but in the end, an Ivy that has committed to an incorrect guess must give up something, be it position, timing, damage, or something. Currently, Ivy doesn't give up enough, to counter what she has the potential to take.

Again, I love Ivy conceptually, and I think she's really fun to play because of how cerebral her style is, but playing against her is kind of an exercise in frustration right now.

Also, I think DMG is drunk.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Zelda and Ivysaur are the most unfun characters I can possibly think of at the moment. Is there any reason that Zelda's Bair/Fair are just mashable until they hit? I feel that the design behind those two aerials seems to almost be not there at all. Imagine is Falcon's knee could come out as fast as that.

Anyway I look at it, these characters have pretty irritating defensive powers, which transitions over into very unfun offensive powers, since they just overwhelm you with very fast, very strong hitboxes. =/

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Zelda and Ivysaur are the most unfun characters I can possibly think of at the moment. Is there any reason that Zelda's Bair/Fair are just mashable until they hit? I feel that the design behind those two aerials seems to almost be not there at all. Imagine is Falcon's knee could come out as fast as that.

Anyway I look at it, these characters have pretty irritating defensive powers, which transitions over into very unfun offensive powers, since they just overwhelm you with very fast, very strong hitboxes. =/
same tired argument of "ooh, he develops Zelda without outside influence, he must be disagreeable" when in reality, I outsourced a lot of feedback about what to do from people who actually play the character with others as far as changes done to her. It was a necessity because almost no one played her in PMBR seriously in previous Smash games, and the release of 1.0 was crafted on the basis of making her more "fun" (read: minussy) to people who had no attachment to the character at the expense of those who did.
RIP 1.0

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I like Zelda and Ivy's design. If we want the game to be well rounded, we're going to need different playstyles, some of which certain people will find more annoying. For example, I know people who would argue Marth creates the worst play experience. Some would say Bowser. Some would say Falcon. Some say G&W. It's all up to opinion.

Zelda and Ivy have playstyles that can hamper an offensive game, but that's the point. You're supposed to learn to work around it.

Top Bottom