• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you planning on maining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
So I am surprised I haven't seen this thread yet.

Who are you planning on maining and why (optional)?

Personally I will be maining:

Pac Man: Always have been a big fan of Pac man being in smash and here he is. I love his design. He has an interesting moveset which will be fun to test combos.

Diddy: One of my mains in Brawl. I love using his bananas and peanuts. Projectiles are awesome and having two makes me love Diddy. :)

Fox: I use him in all smash games i've played. I love using his lasers to tack on extra %. And who can't love his up smash?

Duck Hunt Dog: Assuming the leak is true, DHD will be be really interesting. With Pac man already, I love using cool move sets.

*others when I have explored the game more

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Between my avi/sig and my post background, I think it's pretty obvious xD

Shulk's been my most wanted for a while, and he looks awesome (I'd probably main him either way).

As for secondaries, Bowser Jr (Ludwig alt if the "Koopalings are BJ's alts" thing is true), DHD, and Pac-Man (all three look fun, and as for Pac, I just hate how people keep bashing him, so I want to rub it in by beating Pac-haters with Pac :troll:)

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Choices, choices, choices~* Well, first there's my Peach and Zelda. Also will main Yoshi, Kirby, RosaLuma, Villager and WFT XD If Chorus Men and ICs are here, I would love to main them too XD

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I will likely main Duck Hunt Dog, Toon Link and Villager. Out of the unconfirmed (but likely to be in), is Chorus Men and Impa. And those who I really doubt will make it to the roster is Andy and Wonder Red.

Spirst

Greninja, definitely. Though there are some other members of the roster like DHD (if the leak is correct) and Charizard that I also find very appealing. Greninja is the kind of character I've been waiting for in terms of being a sleek, nimble fighter. His d-air looks to be a fairly good evasion/troll move as well. I was a PT user in Brawl and while I do miss Squirtle (and all his fun ATs), I'm interested to see what a solo Charizard would be like.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh, I do wonder, who would I main if that character would be in the game. If only I could draw any conclusions from my avatar and siggy...

yea i want ridley ok shut up

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

All my usual veterans plus the assorted newcomers. Though it's looking like I'll lose Snake, but I'll hold on to him in spirit...Or DLC

I'm also very much looking forward to Robin and Palutena.

For the reasoning on newcomers:
:4pacman:Pac-Man was the first game I ever played and I love most of what comes from the franchise. He looks great too.
:4robinf:Deconfirmed Chrom and also has a great looking moveset.
:4palutena:She looks good. In more ways than one.
:4shulk:His accent. Yep.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Wario and the 3 Kirby characters for starters. Then Rosie & Peach. I only wish Peach at least had a Daisy alt with voice acting so we could have the princess trio. Depending on how Zamus plays, maybe her. Last but not least, I played a lot of Olimar in brawl and will likely continue to do so in Sm4sh.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to experimenting with everyone. Even characters I never used to like could suddenly appeal to me with the changes to how the game feels overall. Thanks to Namco balancing I'm also anticipating a chance to play Meta Knight, which is a character I've always liked but could never bring myself to play considering how broken he was.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4robinf: , :4palutena: and :4pit:... maybe :4lucina: and :4shulk: too. Or none of them. lol

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Y'know, I'm interested in how Bowser feels now compared to the previous games. I personally prefer faster characters but maybe Bowser will appeal to me enough now. Palutena also seems like a very cool character. I like pretty lights.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Meta Knight will be my primary main again, hopefully he'll be more fair this time though, I hate that I feel bad playing as my favorite Nintendo character who's actually in the game.

Samus is looking better than ever honestly, and I've played her every installment thus far, so I'll obviously be playing her again.

Ike has easily become one of my favorite Nintendo characters once I actually played Path of Radiance, and even then I also mained him before that since he's just so satisfying to play as.

Jigglypuff is another character I've played every installment, even when they completely butchered her in Brawl. Hopefully she's received a great buff, but I'll play her regardless.

Captain Falcon is the last on my list, I really enjoy him in 64/Melee/PM, and as long as he gets buffed from his terrible Brawl counterpart I'll pick him up again.

Aside from those I can see some potential alts in Bowser, Charizard, Lucina, Greninja and Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Torn between Ganon and Robin. I've mained Ganon in ever game thus far, but Robin is so sweet looking. Probably Robin, it's time for a change

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
So many choices... But I think I'll continue with Bowser, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, Luigi and Mr G&W. And newcomers Megaman, and hopefully K Rool and Mewtwo. Well, if K Rool is confirmed, he will be my first main above all.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I want to main Shulk:4shulk:, have Bowser:4bowser: as a secondary, and play with Pit:4pit:, Dark Pit and Lemmy!BowserJr. (If the costume leak is true).

D

Deleted member

Of the confirmed characters, I plan to play Shulk and Greninja. Of the unconfirmed but leaked characters, I plan to play Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, and Wario.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
1. Pit - I've had a huge love for the little guy since Uprising. He's since become my favourite Nintendo hero and his good blend of physical attacks and ranged skills has me eager to try him out!

2. Palutena - My most-wanted newcomer and a personal favourite protaonist in Nintendo's recent history. She looks to be a very diverse and clever fighter, too - much fun will be had figuring her out and getting good with her!

3. Greninja - Never a character I was expecting, but always thinking would be a nice addition. I'm really really fond of the quick, agile fighters, and the fact that he's a big blue frog with water blades and a tongue for a scarf just tickles all of my manifold fancies

4. Lucina - I've always wanted to play Marth, but he never really did anything for me as a character. Roll on Lucina, one of my favourite Fire Emblem characters, and her rushdown / aerial fighting style and I'm good to go!

5. Robin - I've always wanted to see some diversity in the Fire Emblem cast and a mage knight character is exactly what the roster could do with - that you can play as the female Robin is just icing on the delicious magical cake (and if you can change her hairstyle to boot, I'm even more stoked)!

Others that I'm particularly interested in trying out are Wario (my main in Brawl), R.O.B. (my other main in Brawl), Zero Suit Samus (an under-appreciated favourite of mine in Brawl), Wii Fit Trainer (breathe deep and SALUTE THE SUN!) and Rosalina (puppet masters have never been my thing, but I'm interested in trying her out). Of course, I'll end up playing the entire cast overall - these are just my personal favourites thus far.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
My top four will most likely be:

:4pacman::4greninja::4olimar:(Duck Hunt)

Edit: Jr. too! Can't forget about him!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have a weird tradition of picking up one big main each installment.

:jigglypuff64:->:ganondorfmelee:->:warioc:. If this tradition continues, I guess the most likely choice is :4palutena:.

:4villager: /:4wiifit: are just not my playstyle and are the characters who I have the least personal investment towards.

:4megaman: and :rosalina: are just like :popo::icsmelee: in the way that I love them as characters and movesets, but I just can't play them.

I'm too aerially based to really consider :4littlemac:.

:4robinm:/:4robinf: is a close second to Pretty Palutena.

:4lucina: seems like a swifter, more aerially focused :4marth:. Which would be great, if I was even decent with Marth.

:4shulk:.... I dunno. I feel like his juggling of Monado Art stat changes is just not something I can balance with my focus on gameplay, which I feel like a Shulk main is going to need.

The basically-confirmed :bowser:Jr is.. an idea, but I really don't know. I really need to see him "delivered" by a trailer before I can analyze how he plays enough to weigh him.

Honestly, with their buffs, I'm gonna be glad to bring :kirby::luigi: back into my "fallback" rotation.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
My potential mains right now: :4pacman::4villager::4pit::4megaman: :4zss::4littlemac::4palutena::4wiifit::4shulk::4fox::4link::4tlink::4pikachu::4zelda::4luigi:

And also Bowser Jr. Sakurai is just giving us the best characters right now.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Falcon, Falcon and Falcon. And maybe Falcon. K. Rool if he's in.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
SHULK for sure, but I'll end up trying all the characters and maining the ones with playstyles I like.
Greninja, Marth, Meta Knight are some that I really like.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
:4shulk: and :4robinf: are looking to be my most likely main and secondary respectively, and of course I can always fall back on my old reliable from Brawl :4tlink:.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It's not something I really have a choice with. In the end it's how I end up doing with each character. I'm going to try to main Robin, that's my plan. But... I dunno. I ended up lucking out with Ivysaur because I wanted to use it and ended up being good with it. I never expected to use Lucas & Olimar as well as I do.. Just like Roy & Zelda in Melee. But hopefully it works out that I'm good with Robin. And Bowser Jr, since I'm loving the way he's looking in the clown copter.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There is only one person worthy enough to be my main

Doc counts too since he's my main in Melee.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
my 3 mains in brawl / Project m : :4diddy::4myfriends::wario:
My new 3 most wanted mains : :4littlemac::4shulk: and bowser JR!!
I really want k.rool too :(
don't want to main : :4villager::4wiifit:

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Robin regardless of ability, strength, or skill. After him, Megaman, Shulk, Marth, and Captain Falcon, pending me actually being decent at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom