• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you going to use?

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
Of the newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer (who I liked quite a bit at the Nintendo World Store demo), Robin, Mii Fighters, and Bowser Jr. have me the most curious.

I'm going to give my girl Zelda the old, optimistic try, but I'm not holding out much. I'll also be toying around with Ike, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Samus. These are all, of course, based on not knowing alternate specials. If someone like Yoshi or Captain Falcon get some neat alternate moves, I'd be all for it.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
My main Three will be Peach, Zelda, And Rosalina….secondaries most likely will be Villager, and maybe Palutena

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I'll be using all of the characters....at first. Possible mains are Little Mac, Villager, Luigi (Melee main), Kirby (64 main), or Ike (Brawl main)

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I'll be trying a few characters to see if their style grabs me (Lucario become an unexpected main for me in Brawl) but as for ones I'll be focusing mostly on early, Ridley if he gets in. Then it's a tie between Lucario, Ike and Rosalina + Luma.

Charizard, Toonlink and Samus (both) hover on the edge of the radar.

Though I'll try all the cast at some point.

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
I'll probably mess around with some of the characters but the ones in my signature are who i'm gonna be playing a lot when this game comes out :D

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
All of them eventually but mainly Megaman Shulk and duck hunt, they are my top interests

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
*Rosalina & Luma announced* Awesome! Found my new main!
*Greninja announced* Whoa! New main!
*Robin announced* WHAT? OMG NEW MAIN FOR SURE!
*Shulk announced*....**** NEW MAIN
So, all of the above, I suppose lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'll definitely use all of them.

Now who's going to be my main/secondaries that's a question that can only be answered at around Christmas time.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I think the real question is who am I not going to use!
But in reality my mains are probably going to be Rosalina,Pit and Toon Link
My subs will probably be Robin,Palutena,Shulk and Peach

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The characters I most want to try are Robin (definitely looks to be my prospective main), Lucina and ZSS. :)
Besides them, though, I'm very keen to play Samus, Rosaluma, DHD (Dial Home Device), Bowser Jr, Shulk, Greninja and Sheik. Or pretty much just everyone because there's no-one I'm not interested in at all. :p

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm looking to main a lot of newcomers. Ike is pretty much my favorite video game character, so he'll probably stay my most used fighter, but after him I'm itching to try out Shulk and Robin. I love FE and Xenoblade, and they both look like really unique fighters too. Also, Greninja was my starter in Pokemon Y so I'm eager to give him a go.

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
My main will definitely be Shulk, I'm thinking of getting Fire Emblem soon so my sub will most likely be Robin,
I was pretty good at Pit in Brawl so he's gonna be a sub of mine along with Zero Suit Samus and (if he gets nerfed) Meta Knight.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I'll be playing all of them, when i start the game I'll start with training mode , play for about 10 minutes to get a feel for how to play the character , then play the classic mode and beat it. Then pick another character do the same thing and repeat.

I do this with every character, then i know for sure who i like and who i dislike, everyone gets a fair shake.

But i'll start with probably Link or Pika assuming they are starters.

Last edited:

00Nick00

Smash Rookie
Mains:
Ike
Captain Falcon
Mac
Bowser

Of course, I will play as the other characters to get an idea on how they work.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'm gonna name three veterans and three newcomers I'm really excited to try.

Zero Suit Samus
Loved her in Brawl, but she lacked power and a final smash, really. She looks a lot better in Smash 4 from what I've seen.

Meta Knight
I honestly liked him a lot in Brawl also, but he was OP. Glad to see his Up B has changed, looks fun to play as.

Sheik
As her own character, she gets a new move. I'm happy with one of my favourite characters getting a new move!

Greninja
Looks like a really fast and kinda tactical character, has some pretty awesome moves I'm really looking forward to trying out.

Little Mac
Makes so much sense to be in Smash, about time! Looks really powerful and fast, but obviously I'll have to make sure he stays away from the edge! He may be OP on FD... *laughs*

Villager
Looks like a pretty interesting choice for Smash. I like how they've made him quite tactical, I so hope he's as powerful as he looks! Plus, his idle animation is hilarious!

Wildcard - Dr Mario
Yeah, I'm pretty hyped for him too. I like Mario a lot, but I don't really like FLUDD, so I'm happy for Dr Mario to be in. I like clones. To a certain extent. :p

EDIT - I forgot PacMan!!
He looks so amazing! So hyped for him! No idea how I forgot!

Also MegaMan!
Okay I'm hyped for all of them, okay?!

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If I had to rank who I'd want to use the most right off the bat with everyone unlocked.

1. Jigglypuff
2. Little Mac
3. Greninja
4. Shulk
5. Megaman

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Main
:4lucario:
Secondaries
:drmario:, :4sonic:
Experimental
:4megaman:, :4greninja:, :4palutena:, :4wiifit:
Fun Fighters (casual use)
:4pacman:, :4mii:, :4pikachu:

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
A: :4villager: :4kirby: :4olimar:
B: :4tlink: :4peach: :4dedede:
C: :4megaman: :4luigi: :4zelda:
D: :4wiifit: :4diddy: :4pit:

Also, Wario and Game & Watch when revealed. And Chorus Kids if they are in.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd expect Samus and Link to stay in the top 3 at a minimum (as long as Gale Boomerang can be ditched through customization, otherwise I might be stuck with Toon Link despite not liking how he plays as much). Otherwise, Peach will likely still be one of my most used characters, but since I usually used Sheik and Zelda about 80%/20% in a match, the separation will take some getting used to. I'm assuming Sheik will still be one of my most used characters but Zelda will drop to medium usage. Captain Falcon will also probably be pretty high for me again.

For new characters, Robin looks like he'll be a good fit for me, and I'm really excited to try him out. Mega Man, Rosalina, and Greninja also all interest me a lot, although I'm not sure how many of them will fit my playstyle well enough to be long-term high usage characters. Yoshi, Mewtwo, and Ike have been the characters each game so far where I really wanted to use them more but I just could never get the hang of them (especially Yoshi).

I'll definitely be trying all the characters out again though and especially give the newcomers/revamped veterans extra consideration.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
A::4zelda::4zss:
B::4diddy::4peach::4olimar::4palutena::4robinf:, DH, ROB
Those are the characters I will probably focus on mastering.
As for just for fun play: :4pacman::4dedede:GW :rosalina::4shulk::4lucina::4greninja:

In reality I will use basically all of the characters excluding although two or three will likely see very limited use.

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
I'm gunna try to make Shulk my main :)
I'll be trying out all the newcomers, especially Palutaina and Little Mac. As for veterans, I'll be fiddling with Zero Suit, Pit, and Bowser :)

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
Not sure for the long run obviously but the first thing I'm going to do when I get the game is pick Robin and find out which taunt has him say "time to tip the scales".

TucoStrangelove

Smash Rookie
NNID
TucoStrangelove
3DS FC
0018-0888-4616
Well, I'm definitely going to try everyone out. As for my mains, classic colored Toon Link, Fierce Deity Link and female Robin for sure.

Top Bottom