• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Are We?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i love those pics... amazing!!! i had no clue about those cool looking stars. I want to live there, and play smash bros 7

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I kind of already knew about this due to my Universe Story course (we were even shown a video that was created off of the many images of the Hubble Space Telescope!).

It really makes you think, doesn't it...

:069:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good lord. We know the largest things known to man, and the smallest. And we haven't even seen the smallest yet, I bet.

That is amazing. Truly amazing. Scary at the same time, since it's hard to understand how all this exists without HUGE CATASTROPHIC END GAME results. I can't wait to see what intelligence lies out there.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's an amazing and awe-inspiring picture. It's humbling to me that no matter whether humans make it to these extremes of our universe, I most assuredly will not be around to see it. No less humbling to me is Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFMrNdj1yY

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If he is an almighty being, I can't see why not. They also say he knows the number of hairs on your head. And if that goes for everyone, then I'd say, making all that is small time for him.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I could see the existence of some extradimensional being that conceived of our universe and knows every detail. Logically, such a claim is unassailable, if also unprovable.

But if they were capable of all that, I find it impossible to believe that they really care whether I eat pork. They'd have to be some OCD-*** mother****er for that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This
just
blew
my
mind
a billion
times
over.

I can't really comprehend it. =/

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I could see the existence of some extradimensional being that conceived of our universe and knows every detail. Logically, such a claim is unassailable, if also unprovable.

But if they were capable of all that, I find it impossible to believe that they really care whether I eat pork. They'd have to be some OCD-*** mother****er for that.
The Bible is not about god, its about how to

1. make you an obedient poor person (no stealing etc)
2. make sure you live to make more Catholics (don't eat pig cause pigs are unclean, I mean unholy)
3. make sure you marry one person and **** them like crazy without protection to make more Catholics.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The Bible is not about god, its about how to

1. make you an obedient poor person (no stealing etc)
2. make sure you live to make more Catholics (don't eat pig cause pigs are unclean, I mean unholy)
3. make sure you marry one person and **** them like crazy without protection to make more Catholics.
Crash--shut up. :p I typically agree with you on most posts, but for goodness sake--save your raging against the machine (no pun intended) on crummy threads. I don't want a flame war to start off of this.

Hbox, I didn't know you have a TMQ look on the universe. Because if you do, you have officially become my favorite Puff to watch (even above Mang0). ;)

Scidadle

Smash Champion
BTW, I think I wanna be an astronomer now

SINCE LIGHT TAKES 13 BILLION YEARS TO REACH EARTH FROM THESE GALAXIES, THE IMAGE WE SEE ACTUALLY DEPICTS A TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSE WAS ONLY 800 MILLION YEARS OLD

Totallllly blew my mind

Space is just, so vast and huge.

It's so interesting

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, that part blew my mind.
However, does that mean that the force of the big bang caused us to move faster than the speed of light?
Scientific person help me out here.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Space is so ridiculous. I used to read about it ALL the time until I realized I could never, ever, comprehend it. None of us can. The human mind doesn't have the capacity to understand.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Ah, this reminds me of my own little theory, which I will refer to as my 'Scalar Universe Theory'.
I don't know if this theory exists in a public sense with a different name, but it's one of the theories I have about life, the universe, and everything.

Rudimentary Scale
. Subatomic Particles (Made of ???)
> Atoms (Consist of subatomic particles.)
-> Matter (Made up of atoms.)
--> Elements (Made of matter.)
---> Cells (Made of elements.)
----> Organisms (Made of cells. Inhabit planets, perhaps stars?)
---> Planets / Stars (Made of Elements. Make up solar systems.)
----> Solar Systems (Make up galaxies.)
-----> Galaxies (Contain solar systems, among other things)
------> Clusters (Made up of galaxies, etc.)
-------> Universe (Everything up until the "Seventh Dimension"?)
^> "God"? (The amalgam of all things)
My theory states that like we are made up of many smaller entities that build upon one another, the concept of "the universe" is much the same.
The universe is made up of everything in it.
Continuing on, the entity "God" would be perhaps made up of the universe, or all universes, taking into consideration the possibility of a multitude of universes.

This theory begs the question, does it end there?
Is "God" the end of the scale?
If not, where do we go from here?
Would "God" be like a subatomic particle, one of many "Gods" that form something higher on the scale?
What would you call a group of "Gods" that make up the Atom of the next level of the scale?
What would these "God Atoms" make?
What would be the "God Matter"?
Does it ever end...?

Perhaps it is outside the ability of man to conceive.
Ah, well.
It's just a theory.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yeah, that part blew my mind.
However, does that mean that the force of the big bang caused us to move faster than the speed of light?
Scientific person help me out here.
I think the way things worked out was that at the moment of the big bang, things did expand at the speed of light, but a couple of milliseconds in, gravity split off from the other three forces and started to slow everything down by pulling it all back towards itself. Of course, gravity is weak enough that it didn't really pull things back together very quickly.

The entropy of the Universe is ever increasing.
This is the most terrifying and depressing fact about our universe.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i've seen this picture before...it's my goal in life to truly understand such things...space is fascinating

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Entropy is just a representation of potential. The greater the universe is (constant expansion), the greater possibilities for molecule arrangements are.
There's also the part where entropy and the second law of thermodynamics predict that eventually there will not be enough energy for anything to happen. That part kinda sucks

Unless we can find some way to harness the ability of quantum events to generate energy. There's a Stephen Baxter book about that.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, Its a small...

seriously though, I like astronomy, awesome pics.

황미영

Smash Champion
Wow... That is amazing. It's looking into the past.

I didn't know how big stars could get.

Man, am I ignorant about our universe.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I actually have that Hubble picture, it's something I've had for a few years and it's always just awesome to look at. When you realize the size and scope of our universe and everything that exists in it. The beauty and complexity, along with the unknown and unknowable. It's all incredibly amazing and humbling.

For those who believe in a creator, or specifically the one described in the Bible, there is an awesome video titled Indescribable and it goes through a lot of beautiful images taken by the Hubble telescope. Many I hadn't seen before and a speaker talks about it all from the Christian perspective.

Here's a link to the dvd on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Indescribable-DVD-CD-Louie-Giglio/dp/B0018O3P54

Top Bottom