• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White Out - A Biloxi Smash Tourney (FINISHED)

Sariku

Smash Master
~ General Infomation

My church is holding a fundraiser, about Video Games. Smash Bros. Melee has been confirmed as a Prime Game to be held.

This will be played on a large Projecter, using a GameCube. Lag will not be a problem, atleast with Singles. It has been tested, so don't worry.

The biggest issue with Tournaments is usually the controllers. This will be covered here. Any controllers can be used EXCEPT ones with Turbo or similar fuctions. Normal GameCube Controllers with Extention Cords and WaveBirds are recommended, though it is NOT our problem if the WaveBird connects with someone elses, if there is one. Be prepared for this.

Spare controllers MAY be supplied, but we recommend you bring your own, we can't recommend high quality.

NOTE - Do NOT just think that because it's a Church there will be lessons or other things you may think is boring. It is just a fundraiser held at the Church. THEY MAY INVITE YOU to come one Sunday, but don't let that be a reason for you not coming.

Also, since this IS a fundraiser, there is no "pot" planned for winning. All the money will support the Youth Ministry at the Church and that only. Winning Money isn't everything, but having fun with the game and playing new people, right?

~ Time and Location

~ Address
1313 Lorriane Road
Biloxi, Mississippi 39532

This is where we will meet. We will then leave together for the Church.

~ Time

This is still to be decided. Once I find out, I'll post it here.

~ Date

As the Time, this is not yet decided. Please keep checking back though.

Doubles:
4 PM til 7 PM (Shouldnt be any longer)

~ Cost of Entry

The entry cost is currently set to be five dollars. ($5.00) This may change, depending on how many people are interested in coming. But it is currently set for $5. I'll notify you if any change, but don't expect it.

~ Church Rules

When we enter the Church, there is a set of doors on the left hand side. There will be seats for you to sit in, or you can just stand around. NO ENTERING THE SOUND ROOM. If you do, you will be disqualified from all Tournaments being hosted and possibly be asked to leave.

In the back will be a Registration Table. Go there immediately. They will ask for your entry fee and your name. You will be called by your first name unless futher notice. We may give out nametags for you to wear.

TVs may be set up around to practice, but as of right now there isn't.

~ Tournament Rules

~ Singles

--- Best 2 out of 3.

--- Double Elimination.

--- Four Stocks. (4)

--- Eight Minutes Each Round (8 Mins.)

--- In the first round, both players must agree on the stage. When agreeing, it can be ANY STAGE, not just tournament legal.

--- In the Second Round the loser of the First may choose the stage. TOURNAMENT LEGAL ONLY.

--- If there is a Third Round, it will work the same as the Second.

~ Tournament Legal Stages

~ Princess Peach's Castle
~ Mute City
~ Pokemon Stadium
~ Onett
~ Corneria
~ Fountain of Dreams
~ Yoshi Story
~ Final Destionation
~ Battle Field
~ DreamLand (N64)
~ Kongo Jungle (N64)

Yes, I know some of those stages might be banned in other tournaments, but in all truth they are very playable stages and don't have stage hazards or such harm you. If there are ones, they should be easy to dodge.

All these stages will be set on Random Also.

All other stages are banned, but can be chosen if Agreed on in the FIRST ROUND ONLY.

~ Contact

The best way to contact me is to PM me, OR you can Email me at sariku.uchiha@hotmail.com. If you MUST have my Phone Number, PM me and I might give it to you.

Please all of you, discuss who will enter here. If you have questions PM Me or Post it here. Thanks!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Will there be a prize, and will there be something for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And most of the time at least every tourney I went to the first stage was RANDOM, both players banned a stage, and there should be stages just for random select, which there are only 6 of the ones you put there, there are reasons that the rest of the stages are SLOB PICKS NOT RANDOM. Like Mute city, or Princess Peach Castle/, But if eniugh people come I'll show.

Sariku

Smash Master
Will there be a prize, and will there be something for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And most of the time at least every tourney I went to the first stage was RANDOM, both players banned a stage, and there should be stages just for random select, which there are only 6 of the ones you put there, there are reasons that the rest of the stages are SLOB PICKS NOT RANDOM. Like Mute city, or Princess Peach Castle/, But if eniugh people come I'll show.
The reason why the stages part is sorta different is because, OMG, there isn't many tournament Smashers in Mississippi. If we can find new people, they can atleast have some familiar stages. Some of the hazard stages, like the Castle, is okay because you would have to be a complete n00b or have someone hit you in to it to fall into the Bomb.

For prizes, none planned due to it being a fundraiser. But We MIGHT do it if enough people come though.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I think Castle should be legal anyway.

I'm in Mississippi but Biloxi is still farther away than Memphis, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Mobile...

You coastal Smashers are just too isolated. Sadness.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I think Castle should be legal anyway.

I'm in Mississippi but Biloxi is still farther away than Memphis, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Mobile...

You coastal Smashers are just too isolated. Sadness.
It's not that Castle isn't legal it's not a set random stage thats all.

Sariku

Smash Master
It's not that Castle isn't legal it's not a set random stage thats all.
Yes, it can STILL Be chosen in the first round if you both agree, but I mean come on, now that I win the tournaments I enter, got 120 Bucks GC in the last two weeks, I know why the Temple is Ilegal. Even though I still barely won, playing Fox with Mario on the Temple is a BAD move, and I dont want the really good players to just PWN the newer ones, since its about having fun.

Oh, and I hope you can come back to a Tourney soon Varuna, I think I would put up a much better match now. Too bad your in Collage though.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yes, it can STILL Be chosen in the first round if you both agree, but I mean come on, now that I win the tournaments I enter, got 120 Bucks GC in the last two weeks, I know why the Temple is Ilegal. Even though I still barely won, playing Fox with Mario on the Temple is a BAD move, and I dont want the really good players to just PWN the newer ones, since its about having fun.

Oh, and I hope you can come back to a Tourney soon Varuna, I think I would put up a much better match now. Too bad your in Collage though.
This what I'm saying the first stage is never agreed by both players, the first stage is always random, Both players ban a stage. The person how lose first the pick a stage to counter, same thing happens 3rd round(fi theres one). I don't know what been going down at edgewater since Ive been gone ,but no one never, ever, ever, never agrees on the first stage.

Sariku

Smash Master
This what I'm saying the first stage is never agreed by both players, the first stage is always random, Both players ban a stage. The person how lose first the pick a stage to counter, same thing happens 3rd round(fi theres one). I don't know what been going down at edgewater since Ive been gone ,but no one never, ever, ever, never agrees on the first stage.
Really? I never have a problem. The guy says lets play Temple, I say no. I say Castle, he says no. So we just play Destionation, almost EVERY time, lol.

Yes, if they can't agree, random, but I still say they can probably agree.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Really? I never have a problem. The guy says lets play Temple, I say no. I say Castle, he says no. So we just play Destionation, almost EVERY time, lol.

Yes, if they can't agree, random, but I still say they can probably agree.
well its your tourney so do what you do playa.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Actually Ragnarock most tourneys the stage first round is chosen in the fashion
1) Agree upon a stage, else
2) Random

But people almost never agree upon a stage. I haven't seen it happen anyway. But if you look at the rules used at most tourneys it allows for avoiding the random pick.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt seriously i can get three.
Sir I have owned that name since before you were born sir. Sir That name is rightfully mine as declared by my parents when they birthed me. I believe the only way to settle this, sir, is to have a name battle. Sir.

Final destination, 59 stock, pokeballs and fans, infinite grenades, LIFE STEALING DISABLED.

See you there.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sir I have owned that name since before you were born sir. Sir That name is rightfully mine as declared by my parents when they birthed me. I believe the only way to settle this, sir, is to have a name battle. Sir.

Final destination, 59 stock, pokeballs and fans, infinite grenades, LIFE STEALING DISABLED.

See you there.
Make it teams and I'll join :laugh:

elastickub

Smash Cadet
yea

dude i cant wait for this i really wish we had like 20 more smashers in the coast but dude holys got like 8 or 9 friends and they all play smash with eachother

Renth

Smash Hero
it's an extreme long shot but i might try to make it out just to benefit your church.

or

you could just give me the address to the church and i (might) send a donation.

Top Bottom