• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which would you prefer squrtle,ivysor or charizard

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur.
Awesome comboes, overpowered range, and very powerful attacks.Not only that but very GOOD LOOKING attacks!
Its very easy to do a down throw and follow it up with your up B or neutral B.

RyjinX

Smash Apprentice
I actually prefer Charizard, his n-air is great. Although squirtle is the monster of the PT trio.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I use Charizard and Squirtle. I don't use Ivysaur, don't like him so much... :/

Just when i need a projectile ^^

Moon-Wolf

Smash Rookie
I normally Use Squirtle. But, sometimes Charizard. I never use Ivysaur really. I just dont like his moves..

TheLake

Smash Master
Ivysaur. Have him get grabbed by wario and look at his face or have him dangle on the edge. Not to mention his crawl is freakin awsome.

Loove the saur!

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
noobs.

clearly squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard are all far inferior to the other two characters mentioned by the OP: squrtle and ivysor.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I guess charizard and squirtle. I just HATE Ivy's recovery. I know you can side B to make the edge a bit safer but still.. god it sucks. But his moves are pretty decent I guess

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol@squrtle and ivysor

I'm liking Ivysaur and Charizard.

Ivy's up-smash is beastly, and catching people with the flower spin before bullet seed is fun.

But Char's my fave outta the three. Noone expects up-B to kill, but it does. And rock smash is the win ;d

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ivysaur, bullet seed is awesome!

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Ivy, he is my best ever since I stoped overusing squirtle. Squirtle and Char are good and I don't mind using them but Ivy fits my style better.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
My fav is charizard hands down. He is so cool. Sadly is the one which receives the most damage and is a big target. U must be good defending urself with him.
IM more versatile with Ivysaur..

Squritle is very nice

peeup

Smash Lord
Ivysaur by far... I don't know why, but I just have a thing for tether recoveries. Plus, bullet seed is broke.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I mostly enjoy playing as Squirtle, but do to his lightweight, he seems to be KO'd alot.
I always start with Squirtle, though. If I die first, the opponent is probably going to die because of Ivysaur's ridiculous attack power and range.

And Charizard, he only comes out once Ivy is tired. I can fair pretty well with him, but I spend most of my time rock smashing people away to get time to change to Squirtle. Which takes to long because the trainer just HAS to throw the Pokeball behind his back.

So, Squirtle.

Job

Smash Cadet
Any good opponent will just get Ivysaur off the stage far enough so that you will get gimped cause of the tether recovery :(.

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
I like using all the forms equally but my favorite is Squirtle because of speed but out of the three I think Ivysaur is better because he is kinda all around between Squirtle and Charizard and I usually only use Charizard to mess around by gliding underneath stages and coming up on the other side.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Definitely charizard. Heavy, above average recovery, strong attacks, powerful throws, nice grab range...awesome....

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I tend to perform best with Ivysaur. Both my Squirtle and Charizard still need a bit more practice, but I'm getting better at them. In actual application though, I try to use all three of them, but their rate of use depends on the current situation.

A good example is some matches I had with a Jigglypuff yesterday. Not being used to fighting a decent Jigglypuff, I had some trouble at first, but after awhile I felt Ivysaur had the best chance at racking up Jigglypuff's damage and scoring a KO. Since they like to be aerial, I threw ground and short-hopped Razor Leafs to keep them on their toes, and I used BAir and FTilts to keep them even more at bay (now that I think about it, I tend to forget I have UTilt and DTilt....). Ivysaur's good smashes are slow, but still they tend to work.

After Ivysaur, Charizard performed decently. While he has the strength to take out a Jigglypuff, her manueverability and priority made it tough for Charizard to really take advantage of power. His low speed didn't help either. But with moves like Flamethrower, he still made for a rather even match up.

I found it toughest using Squirtle against Jigglypuff. The way you use his aerials are rather similar to Jigglypuff, but it's his lack of attack range and slow smashes that made it really tough to use properly against an equally small opponent who could maneuver in and out of danger constantly. Shellshifting mindgames would help occasionally, but in the long run, he would best be used as a stall to get away or give time for Ivysaur to recover its stamina (in the event Charizard got knocked out early).

Now all of that's regarding Jigglypuff. The strategy of using the right pokemon would change depending on a different character. If a rather large or tall character that didn't have a sword, I would probably get Squirtle. For smaller or midsized characters, I'd probably stick to Charizard. For well-ranged or projectile characters, Ivysaur would most likely fit. It's about experience though, and it's also realizing that one pokemon just can't do it all....unless their opponent sucks.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
start match with ivysaur, get KO'd, go into high percents with charizard, switch over to squirtle whether you have kod the enemy or not, then when you get ko'd (due to high percent) youll come back as ivysaur.
the most versitile out of the three in my opinion.
he has the projectile, awesome B neutral, he is light, yet not too light to be powerful.

ok i hate squirtle.

ShadowDigo

Smash Cadet
I just love Charizard and Ivysaur. I'm not that good with squirtle because i'm used to medium/slow characters. My main is Snake and my old main was ganondorf (aka slowdorf)
I agree with Achelion.

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
I've been using squirtle more lately because of shellshifting and such. but I like charizard more (fav from the original game) and his moves are good. Ivysaur is ok i'm trying to get good with her for now.

Top Bottom