• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which way should I angle the f-tilt?

•Col•

Smash Champion
So yeah... Title says it all... Which way should I angle Ike's f-tilt? Also, I assume that there are different angles I should hit the opponent depending on their weight and other similiar factors....

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I always use the straight one to get that tiny bit more reach, unless they happen to be recovering and I'm in a position to f-tilt them, in which case, I tilt it up, since I seem to miss with the straight one and they're always above me. I can see a usage in the downward angled f-tilt if you're edgeguarding and mixing things up a little, but I don't see much use for it otherwise. I'd say stick with the straight angle, maybe even the upward angle in case they jump, or get a little height or something.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Downwards against flat people and upwards against everything else.
Hitting with the uptilted one is the best.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Use the regular f-tilt for attacking, the downward f-tilt for crouching enemies and edgeuarding and use the upward f-tilt for characters that are jumping or returning to the stage from above.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Shouldnt really matter unless they're kirby or gnw as stated above.

Top Bottom