• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which videogame music makes you feel nostalgic?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
As the title says, do you have any tracks that when you hear they give you a strong sense of nostalgia? Also, if you can explain why so you can share your feelings it would be great!
Here's mine:

Kingdom Hearts, the first one in particular is my favourite videogame of all time and the only game that made me cry. This track along with the scene in which is played is incredibly emotional.

The same things I said before can be applied to this track. SMG is amazing and that's a reason why Rosalina is my Smash main.

Pokémon Pearl. Probably the single game, aside from Leaf Green, I spent most time with. This tracks just brings to my mind so many memories.

Here you go :)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
The sonic adventure 2 soundtrack. Say what you want about the game, but that music is mostly really good.

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
live and learn from sonic adventure 2.

Fox who?

Smash Cadet
NNID
xanhil
3DS FC
4957-6199-7845
Great tracks. I haven't even thought about Diamond/Pearl since the Manaphy give-away. Now I'm getting nostalgic! It's been 10 years since those games...

On that note, here's some tracks that give me the nostalgia feels.

This entire game was a huge part of my childhood. Played the ever loving mess out of it! I would still argue that this is one of the best metroid games ever made.

Expanding on the Kingdom Hearts franchise, I know this game wasn't at all the best, but it was the first game to ever make me cry.

On a much happier note, I think this applies to almost everyone. Absolutely loved this game growing up!

From the somewhat obscure franchise of Armored Core, I can't describe how many hours went into collecting gear and training to beat Ace and getting the wonderfully gamebreaking device after the game is beat.

This game...this game...what is there to say about it? This was probably my favorite Mario game ever made. Simply a gem.

Seeing people with avatars of Isaac and whatnot on this site made my heart stop the first time. Seeing him in Brawl was nothing short of magical for me. This is still one of, if not my absolute favorite rpg series ever made. I love everything about it! The characters, the development, the psynergy powers, the puzzles, and the absolutely EPIC final boss in the second game.

And finally....................

Say what you will about the game, but I remember being so pumped about this game. I missed the midnight opening, so I rushed to the nearest store the morning after release. Seeing this opening made my heart stop for about an hour. I might have even shed a tear. I sunk hours upon hours into this game. Eventually left it to use PM, and I never played competitively with this game, but it was a strong point of my later childhood.

I don't want to link any more, but here are some more that tickle the nostalgia bone.
Literally anything from Ocarina of Time
Halo 3 menu theme
Metroid Zero Mission theme
Sonic Heroes theme
Sonic 06 His World (no hate)
Original Mario theme
Melee OP
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time theme
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow OP
Pokemon Center theme, 8bit

I could go on and on, but I'm just rambling at this point. Thanks for letting me vent some nostalgia in this thread :)

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Kirby's Air Ride.

Sooo many good memories. I remember playing City Trial so much with my siblings... And how we would play it before school when there were delays... And how I played with my dad and I told him he needs some practice (don't judge, i was young)... Really good times.

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
The Yoshi's Story soundtrack makes me nostalgic. I remember being about 5 or 6 and spending hours on that game. I loved it. When I found the OST the other day, I played through all of the songs that I remembered and the memories came flooding back.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
The music in this FMV triggers my nostalgia better than anything else in the planet.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Honestly, the soundtrack to Super Mario Galaxy was just epic. I absolutely loved most of the songs in the game, specifically these right here:

Oh and "Family" is also among the other songs I absolutely loved. All of that and the game itself is the main reason why I main Rosalina.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I put so many hours into this game with friends.

Dan

Smash Lord
God, I love these threads. I believe there's actually music out there that can make you feel nostalgic even if you've never played said game before, kind of like how Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" makes me feel nostalgic for the '80s even though I was born in '94. :grin:

Anyway, for a game I actually played when I was younger:

cornandbeans

Smash Cadet
Pretty much any game I played during my childhood that I haven't played for a couple of years.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
pokemon heart gold, donkey kong country 1 & 2, super mario world, sonic heroes, & various ps2 era dbz games

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Rainbow Road from Mario Kart Double Dash.
It's a GameCube game, in case you're wondering.
:)

Stu R

Smash Cadet
Final Fantasy has some really beautiful and dramatic music throughout it's games. It gets my pick

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
The Delfino Plaza theme from Super Mario Sunshine is one. Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure DX is another one that gets me very nostalgic.

Dan

Smash Lord
I was leisurely playing Paper Mario yesterday, really just exploring and appreciating more than playing and this is where I was at, and I just thought to myself "man, the early-2000's weren't a bad time to be a kid at all". I always wish I was a pure '90s kid, like born in '85, but I'll be damned if the early-2000's didn't have its share of gems either.

The oddest part is I did play a lot of Paper Mario as a kid, but I don't recall spending much, if any time in this level, all correlating back to my previous post.

Here's another one:

A lot of people speak of this game being underrated, but I think it's perfect right where it is. Traveller's Tales developed some of my childhood favorites. **** the new logo though. :laugh: 1990-2005 R.I.P.

If it's epic and ain't broke, don't fix it. I always thought they should've made a game with this little dude, like exploring dark forests and marshes and stuff; PS1-era.

I thought the PS1 startup was epic; this might be the grandaddy of all nostalgic noises right here ^.

---

Dire, Dire Docks and Aquatic Ambience are obvious standards that don't even have to be mentioned, right?

My Mt. Rushmore of video game music is Dire, Dire Docks, Aquatic Ambience, Forest Maze and a 4th TBD. Maybe this:

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game, given to me along with a GameBoy Color after I lost my first tooth when I was 6. I remember writing a letter to the tooth fairy asking for a GBC with Pokemon Red (quarters were not good enough for me apparently)
The intro song really captures my childlike excitement :025:

Spirst

I have fond memories of the long hours I invested into just traveling the world of Morrowind. At some points, even staying up all night doing so since I had no other pressing obligations. What a simpler time.

There are very few things that actually evoke a sense of nostalgia in me.

The Bomberman Hero soundtrack is one of those things.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Boy, I'm glad I found this thread.

There is a ton of VGM that causes me to feel nostalgic, but I'll limit it to 1 per franchise.

^Every time I listen to this, a smile comes across my face, reminding me of the great fun I had in Earthbound. Another pick would've been Mind of a Thief from Mother 3.

^Some people find this song creepy, but to me it sounds sad, which is foreshadowing in a way, and it's almost as if the composer designed it so that it would sound nostalgic.

^There's a lot of songs I could've picked from the Zelda series, but this one is probably the most nostalgic. Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and this song sums up how unfamiliar I felt by the world but how natural the controls were.

^Ah, the memories of having NO idea what to do. This song is shared by the Taurus Demon and the Asylum Demon, and both posed a monumental challenge for me when I first played the game. Nowadays, if I even get hurt by any of these, I feel ashamed. Few games match the nostalgia of how it was before you got good.

^Two-oh, Two-oh, Two-oh......... Two-oh... PLANK, Two-oh, Two-oh.

^Sometimes, I would just play Super Mario 64 to get to one of these levels. The vibe this song gives off is very strange; it sounds serious, heroic, and even slightly sad; which is odd for a Mario game.

^One of the most nostalgic songs ever for me. It's one of the few songs that actually make me feel genuinely happy.

There's another song that's even more nostalgic than all these songs combined, but I don't want to listen to it or even mention it until I'm much older, so that I can experience something incredibly nostalgic.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Brawl's main theme. It's such a beautiful piece of music. I had it set to max on My Music, so it has a special place in my heart for being tied to all the great and fun memories I have of Brawl.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
If this doesn't make you Paper Mario fans nostalgic, I don't know what will. This dirty, rotten town will always hold a special place in my heart.

Say what you will, but Pokémon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum will forever be my favorites. I got Pokémon Pearl as my first game on my first DS ever. I love it too much. I remember running through this tiny, rainy route many times.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This was quite literally the first video game I had ever played. Saw a commercial for it on TV, and fell in love with it and the Gamecube almost instantly. I remember just aimlessly running around exploring the hub world with this music playing.

Also, Spongebob was great back in the day. There are many reasons why this song gives me nostalgia.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much ORAS' whole soundtrack but the one that really made me feel nostalgic when I first played the game was this music:
Pokémon Ruby is one of the first games I've ever played and I was so excited when I first fought Groudon and when I heard its music in Omega Ruby, I was even more hyped.

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
Not just music, but the Soundtracks of:
  • The Simpsons: Hit & Run
  • Halo 2
  • Spongebob Movie + Battle For Bikini Bottom
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Just to name a few, as those are ones I grew up with the most when I was younger. I wish I can relive those glorious times.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This one is easily at the top of my list:
Much of the game's music was top notch, but this one really imprinted itself into my memories. Makes me wish I had my old Saturn.

And at periodic intervals:
Special Stage music cranked up to 11. It feels like Special Stages are a lost art nowadays.

Another Saturn classic. It's ridiculous how amazingly peaceful this era was.

Spent a lot of time playing MK 64 with my family back in the day on the latter, though the former is my favorite.

Scaling mountains and plowing through Frost Piranhas and the like. I love this place.

What else needs to be said?

Top Bottom