• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage has the lowest ceiling?

POKE40

Smash Lord
After much thought... which legal stages has the lowest ceiling range?
Notice the legal part... so don't go and say oh! Why that is Hanenbow!

This question would anwser which stage it is easiest for a character, such as G&W, to KO someone with their u smash.

Oh, btw, can someone tell what is the highest ceiling range of all the legal stages?
Thanks!

If no one can come up with an anwser... I'll have to do some researching... and will post my findings

Legal: starter stages :)

POKE40

Smash Lord
Results:

Note: This is an unoffical results from my data collecting. Further testing can be done. Also note that this was to determine the ceiling height of starter stages and only starter stages. So stages like Lyalt Cruise will not be displayed. The following stages on which the data was taken is: Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi Island, and Smashville

How this was done:

Mr. Game and Watch was used in this quick testing and an Ike as the dummy. At a certain damage percentage Ike would fly off in the distance after an uncharged up-smash was followed. This was done on each stage mentioned. The data will tell you what has the lowest ceiling range. This was done from the bottom part of the stage

From Lowest range to highest:

Final Destination:
Ceiling range: Lowest
Ike's damage before KO: 85%
Total Damage delt after up-smash: 18 percent

Battle Field/Smashville:
Ceiling range: Tie
Ike's damage before KO: 86%
Total Damage dealt after up-smash: 18 percent

Yoshi Island:
Note: Yoshi Island has a unevened bottem sector stage, thus I have made specific's about this. Also note this doesn't include the things that pop up at the side, which could this stage at the top, but I took the main body of each stage into play
Ceiling range: Last and tie at some points
-Extreme left: KO at 87%
-B/w extreme left and middle: KO at 87%
-Middle: KO at 87%
-B/w middle and extreme right: 86%
-extreme right: 87%

Things to be considered:
-this is to determine ceiling range b/w the starter stages not anything else
-largest body mass of stage was used.
-this is a FYI section
-please don't get so picky
Thanks!

Oh btw: I'll research more on other stages like the starter/counter stages

More FYI:
-This doesn't mean you go always pick FD... remember of DI and the fact of the more you use a move, the less damage it deals...
-In realistic terms, the ceilings of these stages are actually about the same. 1% difference in KO's are not so large. So be careful on how you absorb this information

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Melee's Yoshi island for lowest ceiling, it's a legal counterpick in most tournament.
Jungle Japes for highest obviously.

TjpDragon

Smash Rookie
Well ide say corneria. if u are planning on using g&w upsmash then just get them to jump down on right part and once they do do it. they should be at highest point and die right there. i know 1 bowser downsmash on any charecter right there 0% and they die -.-' learned hard way at tourney at my school lol

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Jungle Japes: 100/97/93
Green Hill Zone: 89/80/74
Luigi's Mansion: 88/84/78/67
Mario Circuit: 88/81/73
Onett: 88

Pirate Ship: 85
Skyworld: 85/80/76/70
Pictochat: 84
Pokemon Stadium 2: 83/75

Battlefield: 82/75/68
FD: 82
Delfino: 82
Norfair: 82/74/67
Yoshi's Island: 82/75
Lylat Cruise: 82/74
Castle Siege: 82-88-81
Distant Planet: 82
Smashville: 82/74
Frigate: 81-77
Brinstar: 81/74/68

Halberd: 77/75/68-73/65
Aero Dive: 77

Rainbow Ride: 75
Green Greens: 75
Yoshi's Island (Melee): 74
Corneria: 74/70/57
Here, I just edited out the banned stages. I love that thread so much.

Top Bottom