• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage do you love to fight on?

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
Halberd, Shadow Moses Island, Battlefield and Delfino Plaza are my favourites. Final Destination has a cool background but I don't like the stage otherwise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My Top 5:

:pirateship:5: And not just because I'm a big Zelda fan.

:distantplanet:4: What can I say? It's quite a fun stage. At least to me it is.

:fdb:3: I like keeping it simple sometimes.

:halberd:2: I love this stage's music. It gets me pumped and helps me destroy everyone else! I also think it's fun to fight while a gargantuan ship flies around in the backround.

:eldin: 1: I think it's a great stage for fighting (except for when someone tries to chaingrab or camp) and I love the music. I also love playing on it in Taunt battles.

Vale

Smash Ace
Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are probably my favourite stages. The map for Rainbow Cruise allows for different character types to excel at certain areas (e.g. the part right after the boat allows for some quick horizontal finishes, whereas the top section is a great time to use attacks with vertical knockback). Not really sure why I like Brinstar, it just seems fun to play on.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
I personally like
:fdb:
Nothing to worry about killing me, easy for 1 vs 1s

:delphino:
Same thing, not to much changes, but it has some random movements which is a real game changer

:smashville:

:battlefieldb:

:spearpillar:
Not to much changes, but it has some random things that happen and awesomebeamsOPkillsulol

:pirateship:
because LoZ

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Pokémon Stadiums 1 & 2, Yoshi's Island.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
When playing Metaknight and ZSS = :battlefieldb:

When playing Iceclimbers = :fdb: Of course :grin:

D

Deleted member

Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Delfino's Plaza. Pretty much any tournament legal stages.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:halberd:
Not only does the ship look badass, but the jazzy version of the Revenge of Meta Knight song is just pure win. And with lasers and bombs this is definitely my favorite stage.

Other good ones are :spearpillar::fdb::smashville:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I'm extremely fond of Wario Ware. The random and sudden Micro-Games and their rewards make for extremely hectic matches. I always have a great time there.

Other stages I'm fond of are Frigate Orpheon, Spear Pillar, Yoshi's Island, PIrate Ship and Smashville. I also really like Final Destination for its dramatic atmosphere and music.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
:delfino: Because I'm Ike, I can play there with ease and its a really fun stage. The transformations are totally awesome.

:frigate: A lot of people hate the stage flip. It's never screwed me over yet, and since all three of my mains can function effectively here (:dk2: :metaknight: :ike:) its an obvious choice.

:battlefieldb: Come on now, its hard to not like the best stage. Classy, competitive, exciting, and original.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the character I'm using but I usually love Yoshi's Island. Idk but for some reason, Yoshi's Island feel the most balance to me. Metaknight and Pit players can't fly under the stage and my recoveries never get f***** up by the edge lips, especially if I'm playing as Ike or Marth. :grrr:

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy playing on:
:smashville: Can be a easy recover and is a small stage were you can finish of a opponent easy.

:battlefieldb:A stage with a lot of platforms to maneuver around and is big enough to get to a good position.

:pictochat:Has unique things that can make you win in a silly way. Also makes it difficult to dodge the things that are placed.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, and Lylat Cruise are all amazing, but Smashville and Final Destination (with that amazing song synched perfectly to the background) are the winners.

Czardragon

Smash Rookie
:frigate:, :pirateship: and :delfino: are stages that I always have fun fighting on. They all have gimmicks that aren't frustrating.

Player -0

Smash Hero
:fdb: - Loved it even before I started Brawling "competitively", I love the space and everything
:pirateship: - Another stage from before the "competitive" days, the water is really cool (practically no stages have water :(...)
:smashville: - Fairly spacey, don't really like the music though.
:wifi: - Yay, Getting bored while waiting for online matches :DDD
Temple - Wait, I said TEMPLE? EVERYONE SPAZ!!! (Loved it before competitive, 'course I play quick characters *Had played T-Link and Pikachu mostly before "competitive"*)

Commando

Smash Rookie
I like Final Destination the best because of the music and it's the fairest stage. I like pretty much all stages, though. The only one I think I dislike is Hanenbow.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Delfino Plaza: I really like idea of flying around on a platform that takes you around to different parts of the city, it's a cool concept and is really fun to fight on. (New Skyloft stage looks cool because it's like Delphino!)
Pictochat: The random drawings that appear, what's not to like?
Onett: This stage was my favorite stage in Melee and still holds a special place in my heart today. Such a cool little stage with really good music.
Smashville: It's simple, but isn't too plain (It has a platform! :p), plus it has some good songs too.

Bakura

Smash Rookie
Delfino is my favorite, people are so surprised that Ike can b throw chain grab off of the walls. Also Dair while your opponent is swimming is a free kill.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Delfino Plaza is probably my favorite stage, but yeah, Smashville and Battlefield are pretty much the best stages. Does that make sense? .__.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lylat Cruise. I thought it would have gimmicks but thankfully it doesn't. Add the great design and background to it's pros list and you have a fairly good stage here.

I also really like Norfair. The gimmick can be dodged easily and I love the survival aspect of that stage. That makes it play differently and I love it! All Metroid stages are top notch in Brawl.

Then you have the stock responses of Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville and Delfino Plaza but what can you say? They are good stages in a game ravaged by gimmicky stages. And the Pokémon Stadiums, which I feel have the correct balance between the basic stages and the random-friendly ones.

If I play casually and with items and etc, I do love me some WarioWare and Pictochat. Their gimmicks can be rather fun and chaotic and don't bore/annoy me like certain stages do (75m, Mario Bros., Rumble Falls and such I'm looking at you)

The rest I don't mind. Except for Hanenbow - horrible stage.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anything that isn't :fdb:..... I really dun like it. :<

But I guess for stages that stand out big time for me are.....

:lylat:- It's like a better version of battlefield for me.
:frigate:- It's like a better version of Smashvill for me. If that makes any sense. o.O
:castlesiege:-Probably just one of my fave stages overall.

Varg Foad

Smash Cadet
:fdb: and :battlefieldb: are all time classics.

:smashville: is pretty cool with snake, because it gives you a moving mine / C4.

I also enjoy :frigate:. When the stage flip you can't really know when you're going to be. So you can surprise the opponent with an unexpected move (Falcon/DK Punch for example).

Top Bottom