• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which special moves of Toon Link is better?

Dylan Guyenne

Smash Cadet
I say that his spin attack is cool because you can charge it and it deals a lot of damage. Anyway, whats your opinion?

TLMarth

Smash Ace
You mean best. Anyways, they are all useful. Without Up-B you could not survive, so that might be the best, but for other combat, I think arrows, if one can do SHDA are the most useful. But it's hard to decide, because all are useful parts of TL's arsenal.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Arrows or bombs are the most ubiquitous, IMO. Boomerang is really good, too, but it has a forced limited use. Spin attack is great for recovery, but by and large, I don't like to use it.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
The boomerang is the best special for toon link. It moves relatively slow and can catch people off guard if u know how to aim it. And its return trip is great for a finishing combo, sets up for an easy and inescapable smash (if the boomerang hits).

Rayo1

Smash Cadet
iono I think they are all equal arrows for long range bombs for traps and maybe for approach boomerang for mind games spin attack for recovery and for when people constantly side dodge the multi hit will hit them when the animation is finished. all in all id say their all pretty equal to me.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
ok remember everything everybody else said?

well forget it!

there is no "best" special. that's not a good way of thinking about them.

they are all tools that fill certain spots.

agaisnt different foes you will find that you have to use different combos of weapons.

boomerang isn't someting you should always hit your target with because it hits on return.

bomb is good for dropping, bouncing off of shields, throwing up for pressure, and stopping high priority approaches.

arrows usually add that little extra F*CK! to your play.

do them last out of the three projectiles usually.

jump cancelling your up b out of your shield is good for people attacking you, rolling through you or about to grab you. also if they are dodging a lot. you can jump cancel it out of a run for surprise but there are usually better options. only when your opponent has adapted the better options should you try to surprise them.

and the secret to EVERYBODY's advice is that there is ALWAYS exceptions.

the trick is to take what i say as advice for starting experimentation, and then find what works for your playstyle.

toon link is versatile. some people are ranged, some are close combat, others wonder around in the middleground such as myself.

just use the tools to problem solve.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
ok remember everything everybody else said?

well forget it!

there is no "best" special. that's not a good way of thinking about them.

they are all tools that fill certain spots.

agaisnt different foes you will find that you have to use different combos of weapons.

boomerang isn't someting you should always hit your target with because it hits on return.

bomb is good for dropping, bouncing off of shields, throwing up for pressure, and stopping high priority approaches.

arrows usually add that little extra F*CK! to your play.

do them last out of the three projectiles usually.

jump cancelling your up b out of your shield is good for people attacking you, rolling through you or about to grab you. also if they are dodging a lot. you can jump cancel it out of a run for surprise but there are usually better options. only when your opponent has adapted the better options should you try to surprise them.

and the secret to EVERYBODY's advice is that there is ALWAYS exceptions.

the trick is to take what i say as advice for starting experimentation, and then find what works for your playstyle.

toon link is versatile. some people are ranged, some are close combat, others wonder around in the middleground such as myself.

just use the tools to problem solve.
Couldn't of said it better myself. Good work fellow TL mainer ^_^.

wesZ

Smash Rookie
I think all special moves of TL are grater, and ; for recovery the B-up is wonderfull

Ørion

Smash Ace
Well...It's hard to say a best, the Up-B is the best in a sense because it is his recovery, but projectiles are a crucial part of toon link. The best thing about his projectiles is the ability to mix them up with each other to keep the opponent guessing. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be arrows just cuz of SHDA.

Aldrasio

Smash Rookie
I use all of them. Like, I might drop a bomb on someone while passing over them, then throw the boomerang when I'm past and a couple of arrows when I'm at the right height. Or I'll take out a bomb, Up-B someone, then throw the bomb at them followed by the boomerang. I guess if I were to pick one it'd be the boomerang, but I don't know how I could use him without the other 3.

Baron von Evil

Smash Rookie
Throw a boomerang past your opponent, then approach with bomb drawn, short-hop, throw bomb up then Fair, then SHDA.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
All of them are the best.
I <3 Bombs
I <3 Arrows
I <3 Boomerang
I <3 Spin Attack

Xavi

Smash Cadet
They're all good, none are the best.

Although, now it seems people avoid Toon link's bombs more often now, so I use it less.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
the bombs come in handy in close up situations to provide spacing(at the cost of about 5-9% ponits), and stop those wolf spammers! Horray for explosives!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
HAWR HAWR HAWR YOU FOOLS, BOMBS RULE!(and boomerang for back-up). BUAHAHAHA! BOMBERS RULE!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
All his Specials are xcellent and support each other well, they're all vital.

That being sed :p my favourite is probably the bombs as they set up combos and attacks pretty well. You can throw em when you want and they have a decent blast radius. Works well when u combine with the boomerang.

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
I almost always open up a match with bombs. And then maybe a boomerang :). But bombs are my favorite.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
I like to use arrows from the distance, but when they get in range I'll boomerang to try to back em up, but if they get close, I'll bomb em to the ground! But if I have to pick a favorite, the boomerang is good for a rush, just throw it at an upward angle, then just go rambo, and if they start to combo you, the boomer's return trip should nail em while they're not payin attention, nettin you a few hits, and a short run back to arrow range ^.^

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
All of Tink's specials are great, but I think the ability to end all his shorthopped aerials with arrows, plus the SHDA, SHBA, and arrow turnaround, makes the arrow the superior move.

Top Bottom