• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which songs do you listen to while you smash?

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
This song gets me so hype. Especially when I play Falcon. It's a hip-hop remix of the OP to Attack on Titan!

Let's hear some of your pump up songs!

D

Deleted member

I really don't listen to anything while I play, just because there's certain parts of songs that **** you up because of that sudden adrenaline rush you get, then when that part of the song is over, you lose your vibe.

But if I had to listen to anything it would be:

The Offspring - All I Want
The Offspring - Have You Ever
Gorillaz - 19-2000
Gorillaz - El Manana
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Ommi Trio - First Contact
Pendulum - Slam
Passenger Of **** - Septic Facial
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
311 - Freeze Time
People Under The Stairs - The Breakdown
People Under The Stairs - The Next Step II
Fuel - Quarter

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
I love The Offspring, RAGE, and Metallica. I'm also big into Ska. It's just so uplifting and it makes me play better.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, me too. I kinda grew up listening to Offspring, Tupac, and Gorillaz. I got into RAGE and Metallica about a year ago.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I listen to trance music when I play. It's very relaxing and I love those kinds of synths.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I listen the The Smash Brothers documentary music, ususally the songs that are of montages of [Insert smasher in documentary]

TayzerStrike

Smash Rookie
I've never been able to listen to music while playing games, I find that the sound helps me a lot; I do really poorly without in game sound. I wish I could; it'd be a nice change of pace, but I was never able to get used to it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anything Rap (mostly southern rap) and R&B music. And sometimes some old school Puerto Rican reggaeton music too.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
aphex twin – avril 14th
lil wayne – knuck if you buck (ft. cassidy, mack maine)
franz listz – love dream
kanye west – blame game
kanye west – blood on the leaves
richard strauss – four last songs (frühling)
big boi – you ain't no DJ
young thug – old english
autechre – bnc castl
outkast – mrs jackson
stars of the lid – requiem for dying mothers, pt 1
terry riley – persian surgery dervishes (performance 2, pt 1)
disclosure – latch
big L – ebonics

just the last few tracks i've listened to

PF9

Smash Lord
it's gotta be hard rock/heavy metal, nothing says smash like that kind of music

I like to associate certain songs with certain characters and stages. Here are some examples, using characters playable in SSB 4:

The Original 12:
Pikachu: AC/DC - Thunderstruck and High Voltage, Kix - Blow My Fuse (all related to electricity in some manner)
Kirby: Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein (a reference to Kirby's ravenous appetite), Aerosmith - Pink (self-explanatory)
Samus: Wolfmother - Woman (to let me know that Samus is in fact, a woman)
Jigglypuff: Metallica - Enter Sandman, Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (both refer to her ability to sing opponents to sleep)
Donkey Kong: Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (self-explanatory)

Introduced in Melee:
Dr. Mario: Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Bowser and Ganondorf: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King

Introduced in Brawl:
Diddy Kong: Same as DK
Pit: Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus
Wario: Budgie - Breadfan (also the Metallica cover), AC/DC - Moneytalks, BulletBoys - For the Love of Money (all relate to money, which Wario is obsessed with)

Introduced in SSB 4:
Duck Hunt: Ted Nugent - Fred Bear (Duck Hunt is a hunting game, and the song is about a real life hunter named Fred Bear; Nugent himself is a hunter)
Little Mac: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger, Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out, Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now, John Cafferty - Hearts on Fire, James Brown - Living in America
Mega Man: Black Sabbath - Iron Man

These are just some examples I can think of. Many of you should get the connections.

HarmakPaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
harmak
I mostly listen to the OST of Xenoblade Chronicles. Songs that really get me motivated are:

Mechanical Rhythm

One Who Gets In Our Way

Prologue B

Otherwise, I listen to fast jazz.

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
I feel that. Daft Punk and Justice are great jams for smash in general. Really entry level so if you got people over no one complains but they're really bouncy and hype too.
Yeah exactly, but I tend to keep it to myself when there's other over - unless we're 2. Never heard of Justice but Daft Punk is great - I try and keep to underground club music it just seems to be the best fit for me personally. :p

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
None. I actually listen to the game music LOL. I'm streaming most of the time that I play though.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I rarely listen to music in tournament, but when I do it's always Death Grips.
When I'm just practicing tech skill alone I listen to chill and instrumental hiphop.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I used to not listen to music when I played, but I've been listening to a lot of Flying Lotus and Death Grips recently.

Top Bottom