• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which songs do you listen to while you smash?

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I've only ever listened to a few Death Grips songs. Any recommendations?
I personally think Ex Military is their best album, but as far as specific songs go Full Moon is good, I really like You Might Think He Loves You... partially because I can't get over the Dylan reference.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I personally think Ex Military is their best album, but as far as specific songs go Full Moon is good, I really like You Might Think He Loves You... partially because I can't get over the Dylan reference.
I listened to the songs you recommended. I didn't like Full Moon, but You Might Think He Loves You was alright. DG is very hit or miss for me, the songs are either weird and unlikable or just decent.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I listened to the songs you recommended. I didn't like Full Moon, but You Might Think He Loves You was alright. DG is very hit or miss for me, the songs are either weird and unlikable or just decent.
They definitely aren't for everybody, that's for sure. I'm kind of the same way with them (either hit or miss) but I think the stuff I like from them is probably the stuff you don't and vice versa. You could try Lord of the Game from Ex Military; it isn't quite as heavy on the "experimental" side of their music.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
They definitely aren't for everybody, that's for sure. I'm kind of the same way with them (either hit or miss) but I think the stuff I like from them is probably the stuff you don't and vice versa. You could try Lord of the Game from Ex Military; it isn't quite as heavy on the "experimental" side of their music.
My problem with it wasn't the heaviness of the music, I'm totally fine with that. Full Moon was just a dude yelling over a drum beat, and it just sounded off.

Lord of the Game is pretty good, but I think my favorite DG song is still Takyon.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I've only ever listened to a few Death Grips songs. Any recommendations?
My favorite album is No Love Deep Web, but it's pretty experimental. It's the one with a d!ck for the album cover.
Full Moon was just a dude yelling over a drum beat, and it just sounded off.
If you don't like that Death Grips probably isn't for you.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
My favorite album is No Love Deep Web, but it's pretty experimental. It's the one with a d!ck for the album cover.

If you don't like that Death Grips probably isn't for you.
Yeah. I'm not a Death Grips fanatic; I like some of their songs, but other ones just don't do it for me.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Yeah. I'm not a Death Grips fanatic; I like some of their songs, but other ones just don't do it for me.
Death Grips is my favorite band / artist of all time, and I totally understand disliking it. It's loud, abrasive, and just plain unorthodox most of the time. But that's why I love it, and that's why some hate it. That's why it's so interesting.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Death Grips is my favorite band / artist of all time, and I totally understand disliking it. It's loud, abrasive, and just plain unorthodox most of the time. But that's why I love it, and that's why some hate it. That's why it's so interesting.
I would've thought your favorite artist was Bjork.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Pretty much anything instrumental-ish or rap, to be honest. Everything I listen to is from Soundcloud so people like Xavier Wulf, Bones, Blackkray, Chris Travis, Pouya, etc..

But mainly just beats and stuff, haha.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I've got a playlist going on recently, its usually what I listen to while I practice tech skill in Melee or PM. I'll try and sort it from most listened to least.

Gorillaz: El Manana
-Every Planet We Reach is Dead
-Last Living Souls
-Empire Ants
-O Green World
-Pirate Jet

Kavinsky: Nightcall
Mirwais: Naive Song
Nujabes: World's End Rhapsody
-Luv (Sic) Part 3

White Town: Your Woman
Air: Another Day
Gorillaz: Plastic Beach
-Amarillo

Nujabes: Feather
-Horizon
-Music is Mine
-World without Words
-Battlecry

Rammstein: Dalai Lama
-Keine Lust

Bob Bills

Smash Cadet
Pain Redefined- Disturbed
Hard to See- Five Finger Death Punch
Misery Business- Paramore
Games People Play- Alan Parsons Project
Forgotten- Linkin Park
Don't Stay- Linkin Park
Miss Murder- AFI (when I play as a female character)
Wish- Nine Inch Nails
Bleed it Out- Linkin Park
Bulls on Parade- Rage Against The Machine
Panic Attack- Dream Theatre

NintendoReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
NReaper
3DS FC
0834-2145-7839
I tend to listen to Raisi K's beats when I'm smashing. They yield some pretty likeable results for me.

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
Death Grips, Merzbow, Hijokaidan, or random future funk artists on soundcloud with 10 subs

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Top Bottom