• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which series with only one rep do you think deserves another character?

Which series with only one rep do you think deserves another character?

• Total voters

R O F L

Smash Ace
Vote on which series with one rep you think deserves another character.

I would personally want another Pikmin rep, but Sonic prob deserves it the most.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I would definitely go with FF. We need a snes FF era character. I would prefer Terra with Celes as her echo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm going to pick Persona even though I technically mean Shin Megami Tensei.

And by Shin Megami Tensei character I mean the goddamn DEMI-FIEND.

I would definitely go with FF. We need a snes FF era character. I would prefer Terra with Celes as her echo.
How the heck is trance gonna work on Celes?

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Aigis from Persona 3 would be a dream pick of mine, but I'm grateful enough to have Joker in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade, F-Zero and Splatoon for me.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Yoshi and Fzero are the only OG series to still only have one character. So Poochy and Black Shadow would be my picks.

As for modern series Xenoblade and maybe Splatoon.

And I don't think any of the 3rd party franchises needs a second rep.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I'd say Yoshi, but knowing it's a spin-off series and that the world is the exact same as the Mario series, I'd then go for Pikmin, a series that's fairly recognized and has lots of options for newcomers/echoes, with Alph being the most obvious one of course, which makes me sad to think he's an alt costume again.
After this I'd love a F-Zero rep, Black Shadow of course, who would make either a great echo of Captain Falcon with Ganondorf's melee moveset or maybe even an unique character!
I was never a supporter of third-parties having two reps, but after Castlevania I believe Sonic should get another rep, and with Shadow and Knuckles out, it has to be Tails.

Lastly, I know I mentioned that the Yoshi series shouldn't have one because it's essentially the same universe, but Wario has a spark to it: it has fully unique characters that wouldn't quite fit in the Mario series, making me think that the WarioWare series (not Wario Land) is one completely apart from the Mario universe, so I think WarioWare should get another rep. Who? Not Ashley, I'm pretty sure everyone wanted Ashley for the lolis. 9-Volt could be a great newcomer as a WarioWare rep: he's a Nintendo fan-boy, he loves Nintendo history, he could use various elements from different parts of Nintendo's history like the Ultra Hand toy, or even Hanafuda cards (if that's how they were called?).

Fauna

Smash Rookie
As much as I dislike Sonic as a series, it kinda deserves to have more representation than what it has now.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Wario, no doubt, between 20+ games and crossover content with Pircoss NP. 7, Starfy 3, Band Brothers P, the Badge Arcade, the Rhythm Heaven series and of course Mario, Wario is a big series, with it's own identity and style and a cast of characters that's far more seperate from Mario then Yoshi and even Donkey Kong's characters.

Xenoblade is easily my second choice and I'd argue also Splatoon, but most franchises only have one rep when getting added to the Smash roster, so that one's not as glaring as it is for franchises that have had playable representation for a while.

Last edited:

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
For me, Yoshi. We get... well, Yoshi. I feel like Kamek (though he is listed as a Mario character instead) could fill in that role. Alfonzo him with Kamella or just a regular magikoopa, since I think he’s the third most important character in the series and he has cool magic.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Even though I'd personally love to see more Xenoblade reps in the roster, I think Yoshi deserves a second rep the most considering he's the only member of the "Original 8" to not have anyone else from his franchise playable.

Last edited:

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade deserved more than just Shulk. It's like Fire Emblem except the swordfighters have actual diversity rather than being Marth boi number 26.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The Wario series has so many colorful and unique characters to choose from such as Ashley, Kat & Ana, Captain Syrup, Mona, and 9-Volt to name a few. I'm surprised we haven't gotten another Wario rep yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pikmin.

I'd like Alph as a separate character, Louie, President, Plasm Wraith, and finally, Bulborb.

The other series could use more characters, too; for Ice Climber, they could add Polar Bear.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yoshi: its one of nintendo's very successful more so than other series that have more characters so it seems only fair that yoshi should have someone be it a unique character or an echo

pikmin: the series has done quite well for itself and it feels like it should have someone else, while it may not be easy to make unique fighters from the playable characters with piranha plant theres no reason they couldnt add an iconic enemy

splatoon: the games beloved by fans thats been enough to get another character in the past and there's so much to work with

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Punch Out because I believe Doc Louis would be an amazing isolation killer for Little Mac with his heavy personality and potentially obvious tag partner.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
In my Super Smash Bros. Eternity (6th game after Ultimate on the pretend new Nintendo Eclipse in 2020) some series with only 1 veteran get several newcomers and here's the list: (By the way i'm adding in new series with 1 new rep)
Yoshi

1. Poochy
2. Shy Guy

3. Yarn Yoshi
-------
Earthbound
1. Porky (Replaces Lucas due to being cut)
-------

F Zero
1. Bio-Rex
-------

Wario
1. Captain Syrup
2. Shake King
-------

Pikmin
1. Bulbord
-------

Metal Gear Solid
1. Psycho Mantis
-------
Sonic
1. Tails
2. Knuckles (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
3. Eggman
-------

Xenoblade
1. Elma (Rex and Pyra are so overrated)
-------

Splatoon
1. Octoling Echo
--------

Final Fantasy
1. Vivi (Final Fantasy World design you know the chibi one, replaces Cloud due to being cut, sorry about this)
2. Chocobo

-------
Street Fighter
1. Chun-li
2. M. Bison

-------
Bayonetta
1. Rodin (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------

Castlevania
1. Alucard (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------
Persona
1. Jack Frost
-------

Dragon Quest
1. Slime
-------

Banjo/Kazooie
1. Grunty
-------

Now for the new series with only 1 newcomer:
Excitebike
1. Excitebiker (Also the 7th retro rep)
-------
Virtual Boy
1. Virtual Boy (is the 8th retro rep)
-------
Boxboy
1. Qbby
-------

Rolling West
1. Dillon (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------

Skylanders
1. Camo
-------

Spyro the Dragon
1. Spyro
-------

Crash Bandicoot
1. Crash
-------

Rocket League
1. Octane (The car itself)
-------

Earthworm Jim
1. Earthworm Jim
-------

Binding of Isaac
1. Isaac
-------

TABS (short for "Totally Accurate Battle Simulator)
1. Unit
-------

Team Fortress
1. Heavy
-------

Smash Bros Series
1. Sandbag (Time for some revenge...)
-------

4th Party-Loud House
1. Lincoln Loud (Echo: Leni Loud)
-------

And as well the DLC ones:
Minecraft

1. Steve
-------

Hollow Knight
1. Knight (Echo: Hornet)
-------

Jet-Set Radio
1. Beat
-------

Okami
1. Amaterasu
-------
Rayman
1. Rayman
-------

Halo
1. Master Chief
-------

And that's all of it. (Sorry for Lucas and Cloud being cut alright?)

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think sonic need more rep he has been in smash since brawl and he doesn't have that much content .

ze9

Smash Ace
My personal want is a character from F-Zero. In particular, I'd really like Pico. Come on, he's a ninja alien turtle who's very violent and reckless, was in the military and holds dual guns.
I'd also like good ol' Samurai Goroh, though, and even some of the lesser known characters like The Skull or Phoenix. Blood Falcon would be cool, too. While I find Black Shadow a bit boring, personally.
Though Goroh is the only one who wouldn't be an extremely deep cut, so I think if anyone gets in (I doubt it) it would be him.

Others would be...
Pikmin: Alph deserves to be upgraded to an echo fighter
Splatoon: I don't know much about the series but I guess the Octolings would be appropriate
Xenoblade: I think it deserves a second spot, but it should be Elma, not Rex
Sonic: if Castlevania and Street Fighter can get additional characters, so should the one 3d party series that's been in Smash the longest. Unique Knuckles is the dream, but even echo/semi-clone Shadow or Tails would be fine by me
Wario: I'm not sure... Another Wario character could happen, but they'd need a level of fan outcry comparable to Ridley & K. Rool... The series is declining, nobody stands out as "THE" second banana in any particular way, and they don't really have any obvious moveset potential. I'm not against it, though

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I love Yoshi and his series but honestly I don't really think anyone from that series is desperately missing.
The Baby Bros aren't someone I really want to see...heck I don't really enjoy seeing them taking over Mario Kart, much less Smash. I don't really like multiple versions of the same character to begin with and Smash already has two Marios.
Poochy has a bit of a fanbase these days, but he's always seemed to me like he'd make a decent Assist Trophy but not much else. Quadrapeds are always harder to make work too.
Kamek would be a maybe but since he's tied to the Mario series so heavily I have to wonder if he'd count as a Yoshi character...also I think he'd still be better as a boss or assist honestly.

Of the other options; for third party; Sonic. Absolutely Sonic. Say what you will about the fanbase but Sonic's easily big enough to justify at least two or three of the following character options; Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Eggman. Certainly a bigger series than Castlevania anyway.

For first party; Xenoblade. It's less successful than Pikmin, Splatoon and F-Zero currently but Elma and Rex are both pretty deserving of consideration and the more interesting options IMO than upgrading Alph and giving him rock Pikmin or adding what is essentially an octo alt for Inkling.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Xenoblade since I want Elma because we definitely need another kick-*** female fighter after:ultsamus:/:ultzss:

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
If we are talking out the original ten franchises, I think F-Zero should get a second rep. This is partially because there aren't any other Yoshi characters I can see working as a fighter. I can see either Black Shadow or Jody Summer as a semi-clone of Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus respectively.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
My personal picks go something like this:

1. Xenoblade: Elma - She could represent the “X” side of the franchise, and she has guns and mechs along with dual swords, so she’s automatically different than Shulk or another sword fighter (like Rex/Pyra).
2. Wario: Ashley - Another awesome pick that definitely deserves a spot. She’d be a welcome upgrade from Assist Trophy.
3. Sonic: Tails/Eggman - Either of them would work, not sure which I’d want over the other.
4. F-Zero: I’m not familiar enough with the series to have an opinion, but I feel like they’d have to be completely different from the source material like Falcon is.
5. Yoshi: Kamek/Poochy - The Yoshi series definitely needs more representation, and either would be a good addition!

Including Echoes, just give us Shadow (Sonic), Octoling (Splatoon), and Jeanne (Bayonetta).

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I say Splatoon and I’d add Octoling, not as echoes but as her own fighter. She would mainly use weapons from Splatoon 2, whereas Inkling uses weapons from the OG Splatoon.

The second series that deserves a second fighter, in my opinion, is Xenoblade. Rex is the first one that comes to my mind, but I wouldn’t mind to see both him and Elma.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In my Super Smash Bros. Eternity (6th game after Ultimate on the pretend new Nintendo Eclipse in 2020) some series with only 1 veteran get several newcomers and here's the list: (By the way i'm adding in new series with 1 new rep)
Yoshi

1. Poochy
2. Shy Guy

3. Yarn Yoshi
-------
Earthbound
1. Porky (Replaces Lucas due to being cut)
-------

F Zero
1. Bio-Rex
-------

Wario
1. Captain Syrup
2. Shake King
-------

Pikmin
1. Bulbord
-------

Metal Gear Solid
1. Psycho Mantis
-------
Sonic
1. Tails
2. Knuckles (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
3. Eggman
-------

Xenoblade
1. Elma (Rex and Pyra are so overrated)
-------

Final Fantasy
1. Vivi (Final Fantasy World design you know the chibi one, replaces Cloud due to being cut, sorry about this)
2. Chocobo

-------
Street Fighter
1. Chun-li
2. M. Bison

-------
Bayonetta
1. Rodin (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------

Castlevania
1. Alucard (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------
Persona
1. Jack Frost
-------

Dragon Quest
1. Slime
-------

Banjo/Kazooie
1. Grunty
-------

Now for the new series with only 1 newcomer:
Excitebike
1. Excitebiker (Also the 7th retro rep)
-------
Virtual Boy
1. Virtual Boy (is the 8th retro rep)
-------
Boxboy
1. Qbby
-------

Rolling West
1. Dillon (Assist Trophy to Fighter)
-------

Skylanders
1. Camo
-------

Spyro the Dragon
1. Spyro
-------

Crash Bandicoot
1. Crash
-------

Rocket League
1. Octane (The car itself)
-------

Earthworm Jim
1. Earthworm Jim
-------

Binding of Isaac
1. Isaac
-------

TABS (short for "Totally Accurate Battle Simulator)
1. Unit
-------

Team Fortress
1. Heavy
-------

Smash Bros Series
1. Sandbag (Time for some revenge...)
-------

4th Party-Loud House
1. Lincoln Loud (Echo: Leni Loud)
-------

And as well the DLC ones:
Minecraft

1. Steve
-------

Hollow Knight
1. Knight (Echo: Hornet)
-------

Jet-Set Radio
1. Beat
-------

Okami
1. Amaterasu
-------
Rayman
1. Rayman
-------

Halo
1. Master Chief
-------

And that's all of it. (Sorry for Lucas and Cloud being cut alright?)
why do you cut lucas and cloud?

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally have to advocate for the Sonic franchise.
There are several potentially fun characters that could be picked. Some of the often talked about ones are of course Tails, Shadow, and Eggman. Other characters I think would be perhaps even better are Knuckles, Mighty, and Silver. I know this is a bit off topic but I'll just quickly go over what they have to offer without going too in detail.

Personally Knuckles is who I'd like to see make it most. It was bittersweet to see him as an assist trophy and with that and the mods out there for him I don't think I'd have to explain his moveset potential. Overall though, he'd be a Brawler with a nice blend of power, speed, and unconventional maneuverability/survivability with his digging and gliding.

Tails I would also really love to see and seems to be the most likely to be next in line if any of these characters are picked. He'd be interesting in that he'd be a much more aerial fighter likely with some random gadgets to assist him in battle. Though he might end up sharing the same Down-Special with Sonic he'd feel very different to play as compared to him.

Silver I believe would still have things to offer despite having other psychic-ish characters in the game like Mewtwo. As Silver is centered around his ability with telekinesis, most of his moveset would reflect this which no other character really does aside from maybe one move or throws. He'd probably end up being a slow but powerful and methodical zoner with overall good range.

I'm gonna talk about both Mighty & Shadow here as they are the most similar characters to Sonic out of who I listed and would share various different moves with him in their movesets making them most likely 'clones' whilst not falling under the classification of an 'Echo Fighter'. Most already have an idea of how Shadow would work and to me he seems like a 'heavier' version of Sonic that in comparison to the rest of the Smash Ultimate cast would be a balanced fighter. As he might even have a projectile or two along with his slightly faster than average speed and decent kill-power.
Mighty would probably be the truly 'heavy' version of Sonic though, perhaps using super-armor on some of his moves, utilizing that and 'priority' to burst through opponent's attacks rather than using his less than noteworthy speed. Whereas I've found Sonic to have a focus on edge-gaurding in Ultimate, Mighty would have a much worse recovery and instead would focus on dominating on-stage. His weight could be close to around Cloud's at 100 or maybe slightly less.

I don't have much to say about Eggman other than he could potentially be one of the more unique fighters/heavies in the game depending on what machine they put him in. And I think most people would argue for more playable villains/heavies due to the lack of them.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There are quite a bit of choices, so here are my chosen franchises

Yoshi: Poochy
F-Zero: Bio Rex, Jody Summer and Black Shadow
Warioware: Ashley
Sonic: Shadow and Knuckles
Pikmin: Louie
Megaman: Zero
Xenoblade: Elma
Final Fantasy: Chocobo and Tifa
Bayonetta: Rodin
Splatoon: Octoling

That is all for now.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Id like to see a new persona rep in the next game like Minato (persona 3 protag) or maybe Skull. But i also really think fzero needs a new rep, they havent gotten one in 5 games so why not know? Id also like to see porky in the game since mother only has 2 reps. Xenoblade could use another rep aswell, with pyra, rex, or maybe elma as the fighter.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sonic.

Both Shadow and Knuckles have more than enough to them that they could have been playable and at this point it really does bother me that Sonic only has 1 character from his universe who's playable.

Top Bottom