• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokèmon Do You Think Deserves to Evolve?

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this thread was made sometime or another, but since I didn't find one I decided to make this thread before someone else does. Do keep in mind, though, that I am asking which Pokemon you think deserves an evolution, NOT Mega-evolution.

For me, I would say Dunsparce is in major need for an evolutionary line. Just look at this Dunsparce evolution fan-art. If this doesn't scream "want," well, then I don't know what will.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm torn between Tropius and Castform. Tropius because it's one of my favorite Pokemon (it used to be my favorite but was usurped by Volcarona), and it's just awesome and I'd love to see it get some better stats. Castform because it's a Pokemon I've always been really interested in due to its unique ability but shied away from using because of pretty bad stats. It also has a lot of room for expansion design-wise. Whereas I'd be worried a Tropius evolution would be overdone, Castform could be expanded upon in a lot of ways given that it's so small now.

db132

Smash Rookie
NNID
db-132
3DS FC
3308-4650-8095
Me personally I'd retcon a lot of the single stage and single evolution pokemon that received a mega evolution into slightly weaker normal evolutions (IE: Banette, Absol.) Anyways, I'll just pick two pokemon that aren't any of those.

Jynx - Does anyone else remember when Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar used to be a trio? Would love to see her get equal treatment like she used to for the first three generations.

Male Combee - Just so that male Combee's arent completely useless. A worker bee like evolution doesnt seem like it'd be too hard to imagine.

Vadise

Smash Rookie
Well, camerupt evolved, and wailord, it's opposite, didn't? Odd. Wailord deserves an evolution.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Well, camerupt evolved, and wailord, it's opposite, didn't? Odd. Wailord deserves an evolution.
Mega Evolution =/= Evolution. Megas are only used in battle, they aren't real evolutions.

As for which Pocket Monster I think deserves to evolve the most, that would have to be Hydreigon, if only to see how ridiculous it might become. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At this point, there's no reason to be making evolutions for the older Pokemon, now that mega evolutions exist.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
At this point, there's no reason to be making evolutions for the older Pokemon, now that mega evolutions exist.
How do you figure that? Mega and regular evolutions are drastically different mechanically. I can see how Game Freak might decide that and only make megas from here on out, but I personally would prefer regular evolutions at this point, particularly for Pokemon that don't evolve at all yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How do you figure that? Mega and regular evolutions are drastically different mechanically. I can see how Game Freak might decide that and only make megas from here on out, but I personally would prefer regular evolutions at this point, particularly for Pokemon that don't evolve at all yet.
The problem has to do with the existence of the Eviolite item, since Pokemon who are fully evolved, or can't evolve at all, are unable to use it.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The problem has to do with the existence of the Eviolite item, since Pokemon who are fully evolved, or can't evolve at all, are unable to use it.
Well, Mega Evolution isn't really evolution; Mega forms are temporary formes granted to a Pokemon via it's Mega Stone and the reaction from the Keystone embedded in it's Trainer's Mega Ring; more like Super Sonic than a new evolution of the Pokemon itself.

Eviolite still only effects Pokemon who are not fully evolved; plus you can't even have a Pokemon holding both Eviolite and a Mega Stone at the same time, since all Pokemon can only hold one item (usually the Mega Stone of that Pokemon or some other useful items if it doesn't Mega Evolve).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still, a Pokemon who can mega evolve is not allowed to utilize the Eviolite, which is why Pokemon such as Sableye, Mawile, and Absol received mega evolutions in the 6th generation, instead of an actual evolution.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I honestly wish that they never made Mega Evolutions, and just made some Pokémon have a fourth evolution. This way, we could better utilize items instead of that spot being reserved by a Mega Stone.

Back to the question though. I'd say Spiritomb would have a cool evolution, along with Quilfish. Many people forget about Quilfish, because he is a random Water type that really isn't that strong, but with an evolution I think more people may consider him.

Edit: Reconsidering, Spiritomb may very well just receive a Mega Evolution instead.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I honestly wish that they never made Mega Evolutions, and just made some Pokémon have a fourth evolution. This way, we could better utilize items instead of that spot being reserved by a Mega Stone.
So many of them would be broken. The last thing Mega Salamence needs is a buff.

I think some of the megas should of been regular evolution, though. Not all of them. Just some of them.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Still, a Pokemon who can mega evolve is not allowed to utilize the Eviolite, which is why Pokemon such as Sableye, Mawile, and Absol received mega evolutions in the 6th generation, instead of an actual evolution.
To be honest, I'd prefer to have a Pokèmon gain an evolution prior to a mega-evolution. I just think it could better utilize those Pokèmon that are in need of a good stat boost (ex. Ledian, Sunflora, Stunfisk, Luvdisk, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd) so that they could be capable of participating in the competitive spotlight. Plus, they could possible get said evolutionary form a mega-evolution; therefore forming the Pokèmon into an even STRONGER form.

Although I do like mega-evolutions, sacrificing an item for a mega-stone can be a big sacrifice. I wish there would possible way to mega-evolve the Pokèmon without having it hold a mega-stone, so that the Pokèmon would be able to utilize an alternative item to use at itself and its teams advantage.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I wish there would possible be a way to evolve the Pokèmon without it having to hold a mega-stone, so that the Pokèmon would be able to utilize an alternative item to use at itself and its teams advantage.
Erm, Mega Rayquaza already does that....and it utterly broke the metagame to the point that it got Ubers demoted to a tier and created the Anything Goes tier. It became prohibited to Mega-Evolve Rayquaza in Ubers play.

So sacrificing the item slot for a Mega Stone is a really good way to balance it out. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Erm, Mega Rayquaza already does that....and it utterly broke the metagame to the point that it got Ubers demoted to a tier and created the Anything Goes tier. It became prohibited to Mega-Evolve Rayquaza in Ubers play.

So sacrificing the item slot for a Mega Stone is a really good way to balance it out. :p
To add to this, all mega evolutions (except Mega Alakazam) have a base stat total that's 100 points higher than their base forms, so there has to be a restriction to their power.

Ironically, certain mega evolved Pokemon aren't necessarily stronger than their normal forms; Mega Alakazam is a perfect example of this, since it's almost practically useless when compared to an Alakazam who's holding a Life Orb, unless it's lucky enough to Trace Sheer Force.

Similarly, the only thing that makes Mega Heracross usable is its Skill Link ability, which enables Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, and Rock Blast to always hit 5 times; other than that, normal Heracross is better, thanks to its access to Guts and Moxie.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Dunsparce. He needs to evolve into something. Preferably with a new evolution type combo of some sort too. Tyrogue should also get another evolution too.

Male Combee, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Farfetch'd and almost every other non-evolving Pokemon bar legendaries, ones wih Mega Evolutions and ones with unique gimmicks (Ditto, Unown, Smeargle, Rotom, Castform etc.).

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
3 words: Dunsparce, Dunsparce, Dunsparce!
The sheer amount of possibility in this little guy makes the fact that he has no evolution completely mind boggling. Let's look at a few possibilities:
1. While I'm no expert on his origin, I know dunsparce is based off some legendary snake that is very wide rather than long. The other snakes in this game are poison or grass types. Maybe embrace that and give him a serpentine form as well as a grass and/or poison typing for his evolution?
2. He has wings. Maybe expand upon those and make him a flying or dragon type? Wouldn't it be cool if those wings became a lot larger, maybe dragon-like, and he took to the skies? Pure awesomeness!
3. He can burrow through the ground with his tail. Make him a ground type! Like steelix/onix, he could become a giant tunneling wyrm! That would also be awesome!
4. Embrace his normal typing and just give him an evolution maintaining his pure normal typing, but basically making all of the features I named above more prominent.
5. My personal favorite option, make him another eevee! In other words, give him many different options for evolution! You could choose whether you want a serpent, dragon, or wyrm! and then, add more! A psychic type evolution! A ghost type evolution! A rock type evolution! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!?!?!?

I would love pokémon forever if they did this.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I thought Maractus was awesome and adorable, and I was really bummed that it wasn't viable whatsoever. I think it could have quite a few cool possibilities for an evolution, as well.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:110:. The D/P/Pt PokéDex mentions triple-headed Weezing being rarely found. A third evolution (or maybe just a mega) with three heads would be cool to see.

Last edited:
In addition of those I mentioned earlier, Kricketune, Delcatty, Ledian, Ariados, Parasect, Dugtrio and Wobbuffet should also get an evolution, their stats are very low. Butterfree, Beautifly and Dustox also have bad stats, but since they are already evolved twice, they should get a Mega instead.

I can say that Delibird is least deserving of an evolution because it's pretty much the perfect pokémon
Except that it desperately needs an evolution or a Mega, because it's pretty much one of the worst fully-evolved Pokemon stat-wise (if we discount the three "niche" Pokemon: Ditto, Shedinja and Smeargle, it's the worst one tied with Unown and Luvdisc) and the only move it learns by leveling up is extremely risky.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman

I'd prefer for it to be a Mega Evolution, though.

It'd be pretty cool if both of the two forms got it's own individual Mega Evolution stone.

D

Deleted member

Mawile into Mega Mawile except, remove the Mega and make it into a normal evolution.

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
Totally Farfetch'd. It has atrocious base stats and it's abilities or typing doesn't help it at all. Training a Magikarp is more efficient than training a Farfetch'd.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Heliolisk.

It seems like the type of Pokemon to evolve another time, but nope, that's it. It's eternally stuck in the awkward teen phase.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Phione

(Kidding)

Xatu, Girafarig, Unknown, (**** Luvdisc), Maractus, Castform, Dunsparce and every mon that has pitifully low stats and room for evolution.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stantler needs one.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Corsola. Corsola needs it so badly.

Other than that Chimecho, Emolga, Carbink (Diancie and him just need that missing link ;P), and the obvious Dunsparce,

Top Bottom