• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Link will you favor most?

Which Link will you favor most?

• Link

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Young Link

Votes: 81 49.1%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 32 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’ll stick to the original :ultlink: although I could see myself using the other two...well mostly :ultyounglink:.

j.method()

Smash Rookie
NNID
HannahFaces
Toon Link is the best from the Zelda series, hands down. Botw Link does have some cool bombs though. They should have used young Link from Hyrule Warriors, but then it wouldn't be young Link from Melee.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
The more I rewatch his footage, the more Young Link has grown on me... I always wanted to try one of the Links before but regular Link feels a little too clunky for my taste, whereas I think Toon Link is too light. Yink seems to be a good middle ground between the two however, so he's a definite candidate for my secondary/ies in Ultimate alongside Snake.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I'll probably play everyone so it doesn't matter, but I've stuck with Default Link for the whole series and it's too late to change really.

There's only one character they could add to replace Link as the only character I play in Tournament.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I'll have to try out Link's new style and see how well it holds up for me, so I'll play it safe until then and assume Young Link will be my go-to based on what we know about their differences.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
I'll probably play everyone so it doesn't matter, but I've stuck with Default Link for the whole series and it's too late to change really.

There's only one character they could add to replace Link as the only character I play in Tournament.
What is that character? Just curious here. :)

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I could do things with :linkmelee: in Melee that I never saw other people do before. I used to play thousands of matches on Hyrule temple against my dad's Roy. He would always try to hide or run away, but Young Link could hit you from all over the stage. I've landed mid air fire arrows from the top of Temple. I've thrown my bombs into my returning boomerang, to hit him hiding behind the pillar in the middle of the stage. I've zaired on every zairable surface of that stage, and attempted every glitch that I found. I practiced that character with fervor, without me even knowing about competitive smash at the time. I probably have close to a 1000 hours of practice with him, and he's the reason I can pick up a smash game and play it at least decently.

That said, :4link: lead me into the competitive scene. We had some good times together too.

But deep down, I always knew. I only liked :4link: for it's similarities to :linkmelee:.

So, I will play both :ultyounglink: and :ultlink:, but I can't see me not maining the bleep out of Young Link if he's anything close to Melee young Link. That character is part of my soul.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Twilight simply because I love the tornado entrance.
Of the list probably Champion.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Fun fact: Link is the only Smash character who has changed his entrance animations between iterations.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Toon Link for me. He's speedier, I love the down air, he's cute as a button, and he's got a classic Link alt, which is the closest I'll get to seeing OG NES Link in Smash.

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
I'd be playing as Young Link more than the others since my favorite Zelda game is Majoras Mask, playable Twilight Princess representation is no where to be seen, and I'm awful with Toon Link. It would have been pretty cool if they gave Young Link his hookshot and be able to hookshot on to walls (I remember that being a thing in Melee?). It would also be cool if he has his Razor Sword and Mirror Shield with him.

Last edited:

Payaso Jazzista

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smashville123
3DS FC
2681-5071-6047
I'll probably stick to just Link, however young link's really fun I played melee so many times he's my secondary, I actually never use toon link because how floatier he is. I'll miss TP link though but not that awful boomerang he had

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Young Link. Back in Melee I was 100% ok with giving up kill power in exchange for mobility. Toon Link simply doesn't click with me becase of his floatiness and play style being more campy.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Without a doubt Young Link. He was already one of my top contenders at E3, but the recent Treehouse footage of him shows how well he's been updated from Melee. His movement is so smooth, so fast, and like every character, his moves just flow so much better now. Super excited to play as him.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I was pretty sure I would main Yink and second Inkling. Now that I've seen all the awesome changes to G&W I think I'll be returning to my Melee roots with Yink and G&W as my mains with Link and Inkling as very close secondaries. I would have mained Yink in every game since Melee if he had been around for it. The way he played just synced up with me so well and I ended up settling for Adult Link ever since. G&W got tons of new toys to play with so the mind games I plan to employ with these two will be so great! I think Inkling will offer a lot of Yink's mobility and versatility while wielding a very different kit and of course Link is my most played character so I'm sure he'll have his time in Ultimate too.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:ultlink:
Been a Link main since the beginning. Some of the changes I have concerns with like no tether or zair, although this does allow for more reliable z-dropping and better close-range grabs. So I think I can adjust to the new mechanics. Not to mention the new gameplay mechanics seems to benefit him greatly.

Seeing some good gameplay of Link has made me more optimistic about the character. Definitely looking forward to playing him.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
I've been a Link main since Brawl and SSB4. And even though I'll probably pick up Young Link since his moveset is pretty similar to Link from SSB4, I'll still stick to my original main Link even if it means that I have to relearn on how to play him a bit in Ultimate considering the fact that this Link is from BOTW and his special are significantly different compared to SSB4 counterpart.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The game is out now. Forgot to end the vote. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom