• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which ITEMS will you TURN OFF?

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
I already know which items I want to turn off AS SOON as i get brawl

1. Dragoon: Its a messy 3 part system, and when u get it, its a practically a 1-hit KO, as said by Sakurai. I dont want to be diving for these parts and watching them gather on the bar below. Too much to monitor during a fight, bro!

2. Super Spicy Curry: From what I have heard, it is almost impossible to hit the person with the curry in them. And they do massive damage from just being near you. Imagine getting a Super Star in Melee... now think, that now anyone you touch would take damage. Yeah thats what the curry is like... too good!

3. Smoke Ball: I am sure it would work against me, even if i was the one to use it. I can see it falling near the side of a map... and then i would get lost, and next thing I know i am falling off the map. But it is an interesting item non-the-less... so therefore i say MAYBE to this one

what items will YOU turn off?

or will you not disable any?

elaborate and discuss

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
For the most part, all of them.

But for the occasional casual play, I'll turn of nothing.

I might even play a match with only Smash Balls.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
People thought the hammer was broken initially too. If more people had left it on longer, they would've realized how easy it is to overcome.

I'm definitely not going to turn an item off without ever experiencing it.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Probably just Dragoon, it looks like to much for just a simple "You must recover"-type game.

With that said. I'm probably going to keep it on for a week or so , who knows, it might be the best thing in the game?

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
i will probably end up taking out all health restoring items at some point, but will start with them on as well...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Back in Melee, when I played with items on, I normally took out the health items, the invisible item, the flipper, Bomb-Ombs, red shells, parasol, Lip's stick, and sometimes the hammer. Nothing really comes to mind that I'd get rid of in Brawl, except maybe the banana.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
1 vs 1 matches : No items including smash balls.

4 player free for all : No items except for smash balls.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Well, it depends. One on one, they're all going off. Four player battles though, well I'll be having more fun then everyone who takes them all off. Items are fun!

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha, I find it hilarious at how some people think the Dragoon item is too "complex". What is this, kindergarden? I can understand not liking the item's function, but you'd have to be mentally handicapped or something to find it hard to figure out or follow, even in the heat of battle.

I'll probably end up turning off the super healing items (except for the Team Healer, it looks fair) and lightning, which looks pretty annoying. Of course, I'll play some no item rounds as well, but I like to mix things up now and then.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
iInitially, nothing will be turned off. After a while when we start getting serious, everything will be off except maybe the smash ball.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm going to play with all items at first, just to play around with the new ones at first including Smashballs. But then once I use them enough they're all being turned off.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
serious match - probably nothing but the good ol' balls.
casual match - probably most items, gotta have the other good ol' balls.
lol, two good ol' balls...

anyway, 1st GOB = smashy smashy
2nd GOB = pokey pokey

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I will turn off these items on the Dojo so far:

Banana Peel
Smoke Ball
Dragoon
Team Healer
Superspicy curry

Of course, I will eventually use all items for casual play.

Casual play FTW

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
I was considering turning off Team Healer, but then again I dont really play many team battles...
unless level 9's are harder to kill in Brawl, my friend and i wont be doing much team vs. computer.

Mizukami_Jago

Smash Rookie
In Smash Bros. Melee... I play without items on... but that's only because my friend and I play on Final Destination... and the items get in the way... but other than that... ?... I don't know... I wonder what unknown items are in Brawl... I don't see the likelyhood of my shutting off the Smash Ball... it sounds interesting...

S2

Smash Lord
I'm not going to turn off anything before I try it.

That being said, I like tournament rules in Melee and most of the time I'm doing duels... so all items are off.

I'll probably leave all items on when the game first comes out. At least just so I can experience them.

But I imagine it won't be long before I turn them off all together since I plan on playing competitively.

Top Bottom