• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which "impossible" character do you want to see for Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
toejam and earl
Fan-favorite Sega characters, who've had 3 games IIRC.
cool spot
Old 7up mascot who had a few decent games.
bass
Megaman character.
james mccloud
Fox's father. Or a racer in F-Zero based on Fox's father.
glover
Protagonist of N64/PS1 game Glover.
chameleon twist characters
Characters from the 64 games Chameleon Twist 1&2.
brian
Protagonist of Quest 64.
marin
Marina? Protagonist of N64 game Mischief Makers, was debatably a Nintendo 2nd-party IP, confirmed to not be.
jet force gemini characters
Characters from Rare's Jet Force Gemini (N64 game).
carnage
Well known Spider-man villain.
Responses in red.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@N3ON you are correct on all these, except I meant the James McCloud from the star fox series.

Have some of the characters I listed have their own threads?
That's why I put Fox's father before I put racer from F-Zero. :p

And as for the characters you listed, I know Megaman, James McCloud, Bomberman, Skull Kid, Young Link, Brian, Marina, Sora, Shadow, and Mewtwo have their own threads, but there might be a couple more.

You can just check to see if they're already made here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324452

But don't make threads for "impossible characters" such as Rare-owned ones or 4th party (such as James Bond or Spiderman). They'll just be locked.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The ones you listed from knuckles123's list? No, none of them have a chance. I'd say the only ones that have a chance from that list are Megaman and Mewtwo.

I'd love if Marina was included, but after finding out she wasn't a 2nd party IP, sadly it looks like she won't ever be. :(

KWN

Smash Rookie
Nah, I think Banjo & Kazooie are the best Rare characters:

They would be a perfect duo for Smash, but unfortunately it will never happen unless Microsoft sells Rare.
Iv been wanting to see Banjo- Kazooie in the smash brothers series for years now. I pry to God Banjo and Kazooie make an appearance as payables. But because their now owned by Microsoft I fear they wont show up.

KWN

Smash Rookie
BLACK ROCK SHOOTER (She has both a canon and sword and she can pack one hell of a kick) who ever doesn't know her can look her up on google. )

joY

Pot splitter
Dunno if this has been said yet, but Booster from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would be pretty surprising if Yoda somehow made an unexpected appearance. He'd be one of the smallest and lightest fighters out there.

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

He wouldn't be that small, to be honest. He'd be around Pikachu's height.

He just is small in comparison to the tall humanoid fighters in SCIV. The ones in Smash are either cartoonish in porportion, or not that tall.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
BLACK ROCK SHOOTER (She has both a canon and sword and she can pack one hell of a kick) who ever doesn't know her can look her up on google. )
I didn't see this earlier but OMG this. The only non-video game originated character I would love to have in Smash. :awesome::awesome:

If this turns out to be true I'll eat my shoe. And it's a very nice shoe. ;)
It's from the same place as the Smash Bros. Memories rumor, and there are alot of holes in the story, so no, don't believe it.

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
It would be pretty surprising if Yoda somehow made an unexpected appearance. He'd be one of the smallest and lightest fighters out there.
At least he probably wouldn't be ridiculously broken like in SCIV. :glare:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
At least he probably wouldn't be ridiculously broken like in SCIV. :glare:
Compared to Starkiller and others in that game, Yoda wasn't broken at all.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Anyone remember him?

Kevin Stiker (renamed "Ken" in the U.S. release of "Street Fighter 2010")
I remember him. I thought this game had some weird relation to Capcom's Street Fighter when I got it. You'll like this Video then.

On the Tetris block. Nah man line block all the way!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Compared to Starkiller and others in that game, Yoda wasn't broken at all.
Just because pretty much all the other characters were better than him and others were broken as well doesn't mean Yoda wasn't. He couldn't be grabbed by anyone, including other Yodas.

Though I pretty much hated all the Star Wars characters in that game, even if they were cool characters otherwise. Soul Calibur is no place for Star Wars. Or Spawn. At least characters like Link and Ezio fit decently.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not being able to be grabbed was like the only cheap thing Yoda had going for him from what I remember, and even then he was still fairly easy to hit despite his size surprisingly, at least for me.

Vader wasn't broken at least, and was easily the coolest SW character in the game with that one throw of his.

Regardless of how much or how little they fitted in the SC universe, I really appreciated the inclusion of Star Wars for the most part, and was one of those things that stuck out like a sore thumb that no one saw coming, which made the inclusion of Ezio rather underwhelming for me in comparison, aside from predicting he would be in SCV before he was even confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Vader for Smash. :troll:

(Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to this.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Continuing on the Star Wars stuff, I did recall that someone made an amusing codec for General Grievous, referencing his occasional bad coughing. And unlike Darth Vader, Grievous can utilize as many as "4" Lightsabers at the same time.

Anyway, someone like Grievous would be a major shocker if he somehow entered the fray. Of course, the fact that Grievous, along with all the other Star Wars characters, are not video game characters pretty much rules them out of the question.

[collapse=Grievous]
[/collapse]

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I remember him. I thought this game had some weird relation to Capcom's Street Fighter when I got it. You'll like this Video then.
Ahaha. I've seen that video. I'm an AVGN fan. It's funny because the game itself had nothing to do with Street Fighter in Japan, despite the Japanese name of "2010 Street Fighter"

Anyone remember this guy in the green jacket?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Continuing on the Star Wars stuff, I did recall that someone made an amusing codec for General Grievous, referencing his occasional bad coughing. And unlike Darth Vader, Grievous can utilize as many as "4" Lightsabers at the same time.

Anyway, someone like Grievous would be a major shocker if he somehow entered the fray. Of course, the fact that Grievous, along with all the other Star Wars characters, are not video game characters pretty much rules them out of the question.

[collapse=Grievous]
[/collapse]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a5pN70tfHM

^^ Ever since they started doing crap like that to Grievous, I couldn't think of him the same way ever again :(

Amen, reverend.
Haters gonna hate.

NatP

Smash Ace
Commander Shepard would be awesome. No, it would be UNBELIEVABLY amazing. But it's not going to happen. :(

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Its been awhile since I posted a new character. So to lets kick things off with a Bang!

This is Bang and he comes from a game called The Clash at Demonhead (Its where Scott Pilgrim got the name from). An NES game where you're this anime Ramboesque character who tries to stop a bomb at top of this mountain from blowing up the world. Very interesting game with tons of items and weapons. Unlike Contra is has a more megaman feel to it with crazy monsters and bosses.

I haven't beaten the game but I know you can get tons of stuff from jet packs, powerballs, boomerang guns, and a suit that allows you to swim through lava.

Impossible Character List
Captain N (Captain N TV and Comic)
Octoman (F-Zero)
B. Orchid (Killer Instincts)
Howard and Nester (Nintendo Power Magazine)
Richard (Looking for Group)
Pico (F-Zero)
Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)
Leo and Aeris (VG Cats)
Regal Bryant (Tales of Symphonia)
The Guardian (Guardian Legends)
The Nerd (AVGN)
Bang (Clash at Demonhead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom