• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which "impossible" character do you want to see for Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Not so much an impossible character so much as an impossible mechanic: Type weaknesses for Pokemon. If the Trainer sends out Ivysaur against Bowser, for example, he should get his *** kicked by the fire breath.

D

Deleted member

Not so much an impossible character so much as an impossible mechanic: Type weaknesses for Pokemon. If the Trainer sends out Ivysaur against Bowser, for example, he should get his *** kicked by the fire breath.
This is already in Brawl. Squirtle takes more damage and knockback from Grass attribute attacks (which are for the most part exclusive to Ivysaur), Ivysaur takes more damage and knockback from Fire attribute attacks (which are pretty much everywhere, completely wrecking Ivysaur), and Charizard takes more damage and knockback from Water attribute attacks (where the only damaging ones are from Squirtle's uncharged Water Gun and Waterfall).
Needless to say, this was a horrible mechanic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It could have worked if Nintendo had more major characters with Phytokinetic powers...Leaf Kirby Special maybe?

Overall, I'd say it suffered from mainly, "Good idea, poor execution..."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It could have worked if Nintendo had more major characters with Phytokinetic powers...Leaf Kirby Special maybe?

Overall, I'd say it suffered from mainly, "Good idea, poor execution..."
WTH is phytokinetic?

D

Deleted member

"Phyto"= plant
"kinetic', or "kinesis" = movement

Essentially, it's the control over plants, similar to pyrokinetics being able to control fire or cryokinetics being able to control ice.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Santa Claus

Final Smash: Twelve Days Of Christmas

Basically everything in the song falls down and starts to give people damage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^ Hell yeah. Smash needs more opossums.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
needs moar CD-i Zelda characters:

Gannon (yes, that's an extra 'n' there)

The King (mah boi, these characters are what ALL true smashers strive for!)

Gwonam AKA Squadala Man (it is written, CD-i characters must join SSB4)

anymore ideas? :troll:

D

Deleted member

King Harkinian for best CD-i rep.
He'll make everyone scrub all the floor in Hyrule, THEN talk about mercy!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
King Harkinian for best CD-i rep.
He'll make everyone scrub all the floor in Hyrule, THEN talk about mercy!
naww... I think we should have Ganon asking the many characters of Smash Bros. to join him and make their faces the GRREATEST in Koridai! Or else, they will DIE!

or CD-i Link who's so hungry, he could eat an OCTOROK!

and I can't believe I forgot this guy:

Lamp oil, rope, BOMBS?
HMMMMM... RICHER!

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm tired of that bashing myself, especially when seeing it here, but fanboys are just being fanboys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was there just no good games on the CDi at all? Did Nintendo even care about the system?

Even the Virtual Boy technically has good games

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Was there just no good games on the CDi at all? Did Nintendo even care about the system?

Even the Virtual Boy technically has good games
Weren't all the CDi games made by Phillips because Nintendo had already pulled back from that deal but had already licensed out their characters for a couple of games?
The Virtual Boy was actually made by Nintendo and they wanted to sell it in the lull between SNES and N64. The VB would've probably been a pretty neat console if Nintendo had given Yokoi the time he needed to properly finish it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Weren't all the CDi games made by Phillips because Nintendo had already pulled back from that deal but had already licensed out their characters for a couple of games?
The Virtual Boy was actually made by Nintendo and they wanted to sell it in the lull between SNES and N64. The VB would've probably been a pretty neat console if Nintendo had given Yokoi the time he needed to properly finish it.
this is pretty much correct. Nintendo had no involvement on the development of the Mario and Zelda CD-i games.

about the VB, well, it's a good example of what happens when a project is rushed. fortunately the 3DS makes a sort of successor to that failure, without the failure part, of course.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
this is pretty much correct. Nintendo had no involvement on the development of the Mario and Zelda CD-i games.
Nintendo actually was involved with the development of Super Mario's Wacky World and even approved of the prototype before it was cancelled. Nintendo of Japan also approved the concepts of the other titles like The Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and Hotel Mario, but that's the only involvement.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I want Iwata, throwing piece of fruit at everyone. His final smash could be [laughs] shock waves that one hit KOs everyone :troll:

:phone:

grizby2

Smash Lord
people bash Rare and Microsoft, yet forget that for every buyer...

*puts sunglasses*

...there's a seller.
thats why

*puts sunglasses over my sunglasses*

...i dont buy from rare :cool:
i seriously dont anymore.

also, Big bird for smash

the solution for franchise balance

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Following that post that I made depicting the TMNT, the Shredder would've been one mean fighting machine, if he was eligible. He'd surely give Ganondorf a run for his money, but would most likely be overpowered if he was strong and fast.

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen the new series yet, is Shredder any good?
More comparable to the 2003 cartoon or the older cartoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom