• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which "impossible" character do you want to see for Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could be wrong, but I think I heard that everyone in the series is more similar to the original comics than anything else. Take that as you will, since I have no idea about anything in the series other than the names of the turtles...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I could be wrong, but I think I heard that everyone in the series is more similar to the original comics than anything else. Take that as you will, since I have no idea about anything in the series other than the names of the turtles...
NO, the 2003 has things similar to the comic books, the 2012 version is basically a love letter to the 1987 series updated for modern audiences with their own little changes

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, okay. Sorry 'bout that. Like I said, I was likely completely wrong, haha. :lol:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
how about Superman? he appeared in a Nintendo console and is a widely known character.

see? :troll:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
What about Johto trainer? But instead of having starters, he would have Shuckle, Dunsparce, Smeargle & Wobbuffet :)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I actually tried thinking of a Team Rocket-ish moveset and when I came to Wobbuffet, it was pretty interesting to say the least. It was essentially using counter and mirror coat to deal a percent of damage back after being attacked. If unattacked, Wobbuffet would resort to struggle, dealing weak amounts of damage to others and itself.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman

What about Popeye? Considering he's the reason Mario and Donkey Kong exist, it would be quite fitting for him to be a playable character. He was also one of the first characters from the West to be put in Nintendo cards(back before they made videogames).

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer where you chose 3 Pokemon from all 649 Pokemon (plus all the alternate formes :troll: ).............. chooses Pikachu, Jigglypuff & Lucario (double :troll: )

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out why Killer Instinct will never resurface. Because there is a show on Fox called Killer Instinct and when Microsoft tried to renew the Killer Instinct video game series, it was rejected by the patent office because people would confuse it for the TV show.

The TV show is completely unrelated, apparently.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Kat and Toro"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Toro is my main in All-Stars and i plan to make Kat my secondary when the DLC is released.

I just found out why Killer Instinct will never resurface. Because there is a show on Fox called Killer Instinct and when Microsoft tried to renew the Killer Instinct video game series, it was rejected by the patent office because people would confuse it for the TV show.

Didn't you know? The fighting game is obviously a crime drama. :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Found that out a little while back too. Still can't wrap my head around it. Couldn't they just like give it a slight name change or something, like add an extra word in the title at the end of KI so people won't get it confused with the lame show? If they cared enough I think that's what they'd so, or something like that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just looked a little more into the whole Killer Instinct thing, and apparently the show came out like a decade after the fighting game series. If one can't have the name of a show be the same name of a game or something (or vice-versa) then whoever came up with the show should've had to rename their work (if not cancel it completely) since the game happened first. And it's not like the show itself is still running; its first and last episode was in 2005, so it wasn't even half as successful as Rare's first KI.

What kind of world do we live in when the return of a series as phenomenal as KI gets *********** by a farce like this? Maybe we should make an unrelated crime-drama show called Call of Duty and see if it prevents anymore generic FPSs from coming out yearly because of people possibly confusing it for the TV show. lol

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
LOL I can imagine Jago, Orchid and Fulgore on CSI like situations lol.

BTW, I really feel bad the Popeye thread got locked. Honestly of all 4th party characters, he is the most deserving. Not saying he should be there or have a chance, just that he is the most deserving character outside Video Games as thanks to him, Mario was created.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not based on him, Donkey Kong was originally going to be a popeye game. But they lost the rights to popeye and just changed how the characters looked when releasing the game to mario and donkey kong instead of popeye and bluto

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
^Makes me sad for what could've been. :ohwell::(
This. We could have had more unique characters in Smash. Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Fulgore, Joanna Dark, maybe one of the Battletoads and a Snake Rattle 'n' Roll stage.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom