• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which "impossible" character do you want to see for Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatP

Smash Ace
I said it before and I'll say it again: Commander Shepard would fit GREAT in Smash. And he's technically not "impossible" because Mass Effect 3 is coming out on the Wii-U. Still it's very unlikely, which is quite sad. :/

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I said it before and I'll say it again: Commander Shepard would fit GREAT in Smash. And he's technically not "impossible" because Mass Effect 3 is coming out on the Wii-U. Still it's very unlikely, which is quite sad. :/
With the Omnitool weapons of ME3 and some biotic and tech abilities, he/she could actually have a pretty sweet and unique moveset, you wouldn't even need to use guns.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
After seeing the movie, Wreck-It Ralph would be cool to see.
Wreck It Ralph is playable in the new Sega racer. No joke, look it up.

So by the time a potential Wreck It Ralph 2 comes around, SSB4 will probably be out soon.
You never know......

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
The player character from minecraft steve i just think it would be funny

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
It may be more likely for Wreck it Ralph then we think. Wreck it Ralph (movie), Sega racing, and SSB all have the common theme of bringing gaming universes together. Not to mention there were so many Nintendo and Namco (also working on SSB4) referances in the movie. In terms of Nintendo and Namco; Bowser, Pacman, Pacman Ghost, Dig Dug and the Dig Dug enemies were all in the movie, Mario was mentioned but not seen. But who knows... time will tell

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ BerryBomber
Pac-Man is far from impossible.

As for characters, Darth Vader, Darth Vader, DARTH VADER!!!

Seriously, Smash Bros. needs more BAMF, and he fits that billing, and then some extra force choke kills to add onto (the body count).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Berry
Regardless, Pac-Man should be in... because I said so! :awesome:

Also, fun fact: Pac-Man is Miyamoto's favorite video game character ever. Miyamoto once said he could put any character he wants in Smash Bros (probably because he's God, as well as Sakurai's mentor). So, if you put two and two together you get...

*the answer will be revealed by 2017*

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to question how "impossible" Wreck-It Ralph really is.
I mean, yes, Sakurai did state that 3rd Parties had to debut in a video game, and yes, Wreck-It Ralph is a movie....but....
before the movie came out, a real arcade cabinet for the Fix-It Felix Jr. video game that he comes from was made.
Since the arcade game came out before the movie....does that technically make Ralph elligible?
As for Sakurai's Nintendo rule, a video game tie-in for the movie (which was also released before the movie, though I don't think movie tie-ins count, even if they take place AFTER said movie) was released exclusively for the Wii, DS, and 3DS.
The movie is also being released in Japan under the title of Sugar Rush, named after the game Vanellope von Schweetz comes from and the setting for a majority of the plot, so it's not like it would be unknown in Japan.
Lastly, Ralph will also be making a guest appearance in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed later this month.

So new debate time; is Ralph elligible on technicality, or no?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Technically no. At least not until Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed for the 3DS is released.

He fits the "starts off in video games" thing because of the arcade cabinet.

D

Deleted member

So the tie-in for the film that was exclusive to Nintendo systems does not count for the Nintendo rule? Bear in mind that the plot of the game takes place after the film.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Dunno if my idea is impossible but I know it is far from likely:
Koopa's Army
Three of Mario's most famous enemies rotate (like Pokemon Trainer)
1. Goomba or Shy Guy or Monty Mole
2. Koopa Troopa or Boo or Dry Bones
3. Kamek (Magikoopa) or Hammer Bros or Wiggler
Why: They have appeared in most Mario games to date
Why not: Move Sets may be an issue
Personally I think it would be awesome to have some of these guys to fight with as you can't really use them in anything else (apart from in Super Sluggers, Mario Kart and Mario Party)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Goomba, Paratroopa, and Hammer Bro?

The best would be Magikoopa, Hammer Bro and Paratroopa. Goomba can't do much

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If anything I can see Ralph being in the next Mario Kart.

And I like the idea of 3 baddies. Maybe the downB swap out could be a warp pipe.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Just suppose they were to be introduced, as you mentioned Goomba can't do much, so instead of a paratroopa that could be an special up move. Same goes for Goomba (paragoomba) and Shy Guy (flyguy). Boo and Magikoopa wouldn't have much trouble with their up move as they can both already fly. Anyone got any ideas for movesets?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I would rather see King Boo or Kamek instead of a random Boo or Magikoopa

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Goomba and Koopa have been in games as long as Mario (excluding Donkey Kong games) and had never had a chance as a major playable role. They may not be as big Bowser Jr., Waluigi or Geno (Toads been in Mario Bros. quite a while), but they are older and I think it would be funny running around as a Goomba getting an oppurtunity to get revenge Mario for all of the times he's jumped on your head.

jigglover

Smash Lord
What about Goomba, Paratroopa, and Hammer Bro?

The best would be Magikoopa, Hammer Bro and Paratroopa. Goomba can't do much
Wooh! Another Paratroopa fan!

Wow, PI is being as Golden/himself put it: a whiny brat
I mean, come on! We're having a bit of fun toying with an idea, Kamek is broguht up and PI immediately says: All Magikoopa in Japan are named Kamek
Gee, thanks!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wooh! Another Paratroopa fan!

Wow, PI is being as Golden/himself put it: a whiny brat
I mean, come on! We're having a bit of fun toying with an idea, Kamek is broguht up and PI immediately says: All Magikoopa in Japan are named Kamek
Gee, thanks!
How the hell is that whining?

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Magikarp moveset:
Speical: Splash
Up special: Splash
Down special: Splash
Side special: Splash
A+A+A: Splash
Grab: Splash

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
This guy:

[collapse=Woah!]
[/collapse]

And this guy:

[collapse=Darn you!]
[/collapse]
Crash Bandicoot would be an awesome idea and since the idiots making PS:all stars battle royale aren't including their most succesful gaming franchise and their old mascot, nintendo should really take the opportunity to annoy Playstation by stealing the only good thing (or bandicoot) to come out of Playstation in years. Plus he could have a great moveset

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Crash Bandicoot would be an awesome idea and since the idiots making PS:all stars battle royale aren't including their most succesful gaming franchise and their old mascot, nintendo should really take the opportunity to annoy Playstation by stealing the only good thing (or bandicoot) to come out of Playstation in years. Plus he could have a great moveset
They aren't including him because the company who currently holds the rights to Crash is being a b***h and not letting him in the game. So it's not really Sonys(or Superbots) fault that Crash isn't in the game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Even if I'm not sure about that, Crash wouldn't make sense in Smash anyway. I'm not gonna lie, I would like him. There are a lot of Playstation characters that I would love to see in Smash, like Jak & Daxter, Spyro, Sir Daniel... But they would break the game's essence. Sure Crash and Spyro have been on Nintendo consoles (they even had exclusives on the GBA if I'm not wrong), but nah. There are more important third party they should really go for (Megaman, Pac-Man, Rayman, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Arthur from Ghosts n' Goblins, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu...) who actually had an important role in Nintendo's history.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I like it how you didn't mention Geno :)
Well I never played his game sadly. All I know about him is his appearance, and I don't like him actually, he's weird. I don't really know if he should be in the game or not, but I'm sure all the characters I've listed have more reason anyway.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Well I never played his game sadly. All I know about him is his appearance, and I don't like him actually, he's weird. I don't really know if he should be in the game or not, but I'm sure all the characters I've listed have more reason anyway.
Yeah I never played his game either but he would be better fitted to this page anway than the Mario Bros. Thread. Goomba has more chance of appearing as a playable character than this guy who looks like a creepy Pinocchio wearing a blue coat.

§leepy God

Smash Master
A Vocaloid character would be on my dream list, or at least a Vocaloid song. Now if only Sega were to release Project Diva to the states, now that would be a dream come to life. xD

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just to let Visions and vintage know, Geno's game is on virtual console for Wii right now, though you have to use the tedious virtual console controller, and I personally don't like it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just to let Visions and vintage know, Geno's game is on virtual console for Wii right now, though you have to use the tedious virtual console controller, and I personally don't like it.
Im using the gamecube controller. :awesome:

Yes. Insult the company that has been saying time and time again that they are trying to acquire him. :c

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Even if I'm not sure about that, Crash wouldn't make sense in Smash anyway. I'm not gonna lie, I would like him. There are a lot of Playstation characters that I would love to see in Smash, like Jak & Daxter, Spyro, Sir Daniel... But they would break the game's essence. Sure Crash and Spyro have been on Nintendo consoles (they even had exclusives on the GBA if I'm not wrong), but nah. There are more important third party they should really go for (Megaman, Pac-Man, Rayman, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Arthur from Ghosts n' Goblins, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu...) who actually had an important role in Nintendo's history.
Hm? I respectfully disagree. I can easily see crash or spyro in smash. They'd be a bit like sonic in their care-free, laid back kind of attitude.

I mean, if nothing else they'd fit more than snake did. :awesome:

Actually snake did fit in smash in a way. they made him humurous and hilarious so it all kind of worked out. It took me a very long time to accept him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom