• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which controller will you use?

tappy

Smash Ace
which controller do you think you'll use more for brawl, and which do you think will be the easiest?

i will use the gamecube controller and i'll try out with the classic one too. imo, the wii remote doesnt seem like it would be very easy to use on a game like smash but we'll see.

tappy

Smash Ace
oh so the gamecube controller will work for brawl? i thought i read that somewhere but i wasn't sure...

tappy

Smash Ace
yeah, i'll probably prefer to use the gamecube controller but i will try to get use the wii's new ones first;)

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
well........im not gonna get a infraction agian but Sakurai said u'll be able to play the game only with the GCC, he said the wii mote will be to complicated

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
The Wii classic controller looks too much like the PS2 controller...which I never liked. The control stick is so far from where my thumb usually is when playing games...
Well, if I ever get a Wii, I'll probably experiment with both.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that the only two controllers that MIGHTl function with it are the GC and the VC controllers, and I don't think the VC one will work.

CHUK

Smash Ace
It just looks like a SNES controller with more buttons and such, which I think was the point

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
When SSB comes out for Virtual console (which it better) I hope for some N64 attachments or something. A lot of N64 controllers are crap now due to control stick insensitivity and stuff...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The wiimote could make for some awesome mindgames!No seriously the only controller smash was meant to be played on is the Gamecube one!Even trying to play the 64 is difficult now.(depending)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im going to have to go with Gamecube controller since you cant use the Wii remote.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I'm going to use the gamecube controller because I don't think that you can use the Wii remote. I am also to too used to the gamecube controller for the ssb series, that I can't possibly use the Wiimote.

Sensai

Smash Master
Metal and Handorin: Thank you. I guess you two are the only ones here who read anything.

You can't use the Wii Remote. I'm not even sure you can use the 'classic' controller, either.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I was the first one to say anything about that in this thread! Where's my credit?! :laugh:
*cough* look at the first page guys i said it first ^_^ And i gave it some "history" :D Only gamecube controllers will be used MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to try all controllers available with the game and decide from there. But probably gamecube controller mostly because it's familiar and I want to learn the buttons before changing.

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
Not only is the gamecube controller the one everyones used to, but its the only one that has a decent shape in the first place.

The VC controller is the suck:
The control stick is so far from where my thumb usually is when playing games...
true dat. The gamecube controller has those handlebar things that fit the contour of human hands, ....and i just feel like i have control when im grabbing them :D

maybe they should make a controller made out of silly puddy so that we can shape it however we want :psycho:

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather play with the GCN controller just for the sake that I familiarized myself with the controller and it will take me a while to familiarize myself with any other controller.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
How many times guys u can only play with the GCC but if this was a What if u could use this controller thread then ok i stilll would play with GCC

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
How many times guys u can only play with the GCC but if this was a What if u could use this controller thread then ok i stilll would play with GCC
No. Rumour is not fact. Sakurai said 'we might not want to throw away our gamecube controllers.' That is not the same as 'classic controllers won't work and you can only use gamecube controllers.' That doesn't even make sense. What about people who bought a Wii but never a gamecube? Games like Smash Bros. are what the Classic controller is for, and I bet one's even going to be packed in. Nintendo is going to want the Classic to come into wide use. Don't believe everything you hear.

Also, we don't even know that the Wiimote won't be used. Sakurai said 'at least not in normal play.' Note: hundreds of games have multiple controller configurations. Normal play could mean the default is the Classic controller but the wiimote/ thumbchuck could work, too.

Also note: this game is under development. Nearly everything is subject to change.

Mark my words, Classics will be recommended. You will be able to get them bundled. Gamecube controllers MIGHT work. And if they do, the game will still be designed with Classics in mind, and if there is 4+ players, you'll NEED classics.

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
It would be weird using the Wii controller...how would you play? You'd be waving it around the whole room...how would 4+ppl play? And torunaments would be hell if there were people swinging all over the place. Apparently, Wii remotes are constantly breaking of the wrist cord and "smashing" tv screens, ceiling fans, and a bunch of other junk... I saw a video on youtube it was ridiculous, the damage caused by a airborne Wii remote!

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to go with the Gamecube controller, but I'll test out the Wii-Mote first. But, if it's only the Virtual Console controller or the Gamecube controller, I'm definitely going for the Gamecube controller.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I guess that Nintendo will focus on using the Wiimote/Virtual Console controller. So using a Gamecube controller will probally not be as good as those other controllers. At least, that's what I think. If they're gonna make the game to be the best playable with the GC controller, then they really stick to their old console which they shouldn't do imo.

@ Link-101 - Omg, it has been told over and over that Brawl will not be using the motion sensors... But you can still play with it ffs.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Well, the Dragon Ball game for Wii allows you to use Wiimote, Classsic controller and Gamecube controller, maybe it would be the same for Brawl

I want to keep using my Emerald blue Japan-only GCN controller, but I will try the Classic controller, anyway

mashed_taters

Smash Rookie
If i had the choice I would pick the GC controller. It would be pretty well familiar with everybody, and i dont know how the wii remote would be like. But if they do use the wiimote and they use motion sensoring that might be a big mistake or a big success, so i think they should just be able to use a wiimote, classic controller, or GC controller.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not 100% sure but I think it has been confirmed that SSBB will not use the wii-mote for gameplay, I hope it's GC controller because I have 3 of those since I only know one guy that has a GC, I would hate to have to buy more than 1 virtual controller unless absolutely necessary.

Top Bottom