• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Do You Use?

Which Controller Do You Use?

• Total voters

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I use GC but switch the "z" button with the "r" button and I'm going to try b-sticking. I haven't used the classic controller much yet though. I actually used to use the Wiimote + nunchuck but once you get used to the GC controller it just feels awkward.:dizzy:

Frown

poekmon
I have 3 Gamecube controllers and a Wiimote with Nunchuck. I do play way better with the Gamecube controller though.

Also, one of the Gamecube controllers has an "M" button, it's the left equivalent of the "Z" button. I don't think it has any use at all.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I use GC but switch the "z" button with the "r" button and I'm going to try b-sticking. I haven't used the classic controller much yet though. I actually used to use the Wiimote + nunchuck but once you get used to the GC controller it just feels awkward.:dizzy:
The deal with me is, I don't even have a GC controller. In fact, I never owned a Gamecube.

I played Melee before though. With friends.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
I use the Classic Controller because I don't want to go out and buy a GameCube Controller that I don't need.

Thirskk

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to try something new when brawl came out so i got the classic controller
i like the feel a little bit better than the gamecube controller

but i think the gamecube controller will always be the most widely used controller

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I use the Classic Controller because I don't want to go out and buy a GameCube Controller that I don't need.
Trust me you NEED IT!:laugh: No but seriously you can buy one at a gamestore or off ebay for like $5. They really improve your game. Unless of course you really REALLY want to use the classic controller.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
GC Controller... The way it must be played... XD

It has always been the most comfortable controller to play with... at least for me...

Like motherFan; since melee I'm way too used to the GC control

BrawlerBrad26

Smash Rookie
I cant get used to classic controller, I used to play with remote and nunchuk but nunchuk kept cutting out so now i play with remote.

P.S. I dont get y every1 hates the wiimote after practice there really easy and quite good, The only thing different is only 1 taunt is available.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
The GC controller feels more comfortable for me. However, I have had two broken GC controllers recently, so I've been adapting to Classic controller for a little while. Once you play with the Classic controller for a little while, your hands will be able to adjust to the size, but GC just seems to fit Smash.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, one of the Gamecube controllers has an "M" button, it's the left equivalent of the "Z" button. I don't think it has any use at all.
I have two controllers with the M Button. It actually does have a use, it's just complex. You can program a series of buttons into it, I believe, so you press one button to pull off a combo or something. I've never been able to fully get it work, but that's what it's supposed to do. I don't use either of those controllers though, because one is too big and the other too small, both have a tendency to go all weird with controls, plus one's A button is practically flattened so I need to press hard for it to register, and the other one's control stick has a tendency to get stuck in the up position.

Yeah, I use GC Controller. It feels the smoothest. I can play with other controllers, but I don't even have to think with the GC Controller because I'm so used to it.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. One time I was at my friend's house and I forgot to bring my GC con, so I had to use Wii MOte + Nunchuk and it felt really weird. SI yeah my vote goes for the GCN controller.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
GC controller. It just made going from SSBM to SSBB so much easier of a transfer. I'd say Classic is probably just as good if not better in terms of easy use but I lack it. So um yeh. XD

Grunt

Smash Master
I have 3 Gamecube controllers and a Wiimote with Nunchuck. I do play way better with the Gamecube controller though.

I believe it's turbo, but it's been a while since I've seen a 3rd party GCN controller.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can't wait to see the results after a lot more people vote.

Leifio

Smash Cadet
in melee i used to use the Z button for my ariels so now its not the same even when i customize it...
wiimote-nunchuck

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Classic controller for me. Maybe I should go Gamecube one day...or stick to Melee. :psycho:

Darkmaster76

Smash Rookie
I've played so much mellee, only the GC controller really felt comfortable. Though, to be fair, I have not tried the classic controller yet.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
my GCN controller
1. because ive been playing melee for so long
2. it feels good
3. don't have a CC, not gonna get one
4. its platinum :)

Edit: wow i just saw the white one i want it so bad :(

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
The Gamecube controller may be the best controller ever made. All you have to do is turn Tap Jump off, and you're good to go.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I use the GCN controller, because it made the switch from Melee to Brawl smoother. I really wanted to use Nunchuck + Wiimote, but my hands are too little to reach the +- buttons quickly; I have to shift the entire remote, and that just isn't gonna do.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can't believe 2 people voted for the sideways Wiimote. :eek: I'm surprised anyone did at all...

RaabTehNaab

Smash Rookie
GC controller. Wiimote is just to awkward to use, and rather than waste time getting good with it I just stick with what I know.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I play Brawl with the classic controller...

I played melee. too, but i was not comfortable with the controller... I was (or am) a noob in that game

I played Street Fighter Alpha 2 for such a long time on snes (and I still play it today sometimes)
and i think i was quite good in that game

the classic controller is much the same as the snes-controller... it feels better I think.

(Because of Street Fighter i cant't get rid of that stupit stick jump TT)

Top Bottom