• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character's moveset do you least enjoy?

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Palutena's specials wii fit trainers aa moves. Really. Wii fit trainer has to ledgecamp which is absolutely ridiculous because of her horrible moveset.. she cant do anything and she is supposed to be an athletic brawler. palutena can hold her own in neutral but her specials are so uninspiring.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Palutena's specials wii fit trainers aa moves. Really. Wii fit trainer has to ledgecamp which is absolutely ridiculous because of her horrible moveset.. she cant do anything and she is supposed to be an athletic brawler. palutena can hold her own in neutral but her specials are so uninspiring.
Yoga is like... the opposite of brawling. Don't let Dhalsim fool you.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I don't particularly care for the echoes that much(though I don't mind using:ultrichter::ultchrom:), I wish they all were more like :ultken: with more distinct differences. This is honestly why I don't really want more of them as dlc.

Like others said :ultwario: need some more things from Wario Land, I never liked the waft.

:ultcharizard: always found them a bit too clunky even compared to other heavyweights.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:ultdarksamus:
*Pros

-Killer aesthetic
-Another awesome Metroid villain
-Potential fun & different identifiable design for an echo

*Cons
-Plays exactly like :ultsamus:

Cons sadly outweigh the pros for me here...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Incineroar. He’s my second favorite Alola Pokémon (losing only to the entire Popplio line), and I think Sakurai did him dirty in Ultimate with his Side, Neutral, and Up-B’s (especially the Up-B). And why don’t we have this as his Neutral-B, speaking of which?
C6CED7E5-B51E-49D9-A9B6-B076E4F40791.jpeg

viras

Smash Rookie
For me, duck hunt. DH's move-set is weird, hard to pull off and difficult to play against personally. Either that or olimar. ugh.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
A thousand times Olimar. It's the one character that makes me sometimes hate picking random. For the record, I actually enjoy Shulk, although his frame data could still use the major tweaks.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmm... tricky question. I'd probably go with :ultlittlemac:. Maybe it's just me, but in a game with such creatively designed fighters like :ultmegaman: and :ultpacman:, a fighter who literally just punches people comes off as boring. I never like playing as him since I like using aerials when I play Smash and getting gimped at 0 and dying feels cheap, and I never really have fun playing against him either. I particularly can't stand that KO Punch of his; I get that he has **** recovery, but it doesn't feel entirely fair that this one character essentially gets a FS Meter by default when everyone else doesn't. It reeks of special treatment, quite frankly. He's probably the only character that I feel the game would honestly be better if he wasn't in it.
Dishonorable mentions go to :ultlink: (playing as or against him frankly bores me to death), :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus: (she's easily the most tilting character in the game to play against IMO; that tether grab can **** off), and :ultganondorf: (one word: Doriyah).

Last edited:

dankDadi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7920 2309 3314
Mario’s simply for the fact he cant ground pound

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
:ultlucina:/:ultmarth:/:ultroy:/:ultchrom: since they have the most overused animations/attacks in general. Of all of them though, :ultlucina: is by far the most boring. Nothing flashy imo; just feels as bland as pasta tastes without sauce, nor salt.

:ultlittlemac: and :ultolimar: are tied imo for a close second place though.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Ryu and Ken :ultryu::ultken:
I don’t really like the moveset as it doesn’t feel fluid and easygoing like most of the rosters movesets. Also the mechanic with the always faceing your enemy in 1v1 is annoying in my opinion.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Ness and Lucas. Not because the movesets are poorly made, but because the moves were poorly chosen. The movesets contain little to no moves that the two can actually use in their games. This only annoys me because I'm a big Mother fan.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Ness and Lucas. Not because the movesets are poorly made, but because the moves were poorly chosen. The movesets contain little to no moves that the two can actually use in their games. This only annoys me because I'm a big Mother fan.
Ness and Lucas' moves are supposed to represent not only themselves, but their parties as well. Overall, their movesets just represents EarthBound a lot better in my opinion, even if they are a bit inaccurate.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
:ultridley::ultgnw::ultpacman: all don't vibe with me. I like characters that I can intutively combo with or at least pull off strings with and these characters just don't feel right to me

Most zoners don't feel right to me either. :ultyounglink: is an exception but that's because he's not a true zoner and he's got an intuitive combo and string game . I really like playing him

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ness and Lucas' moves are supposed to represent not only themselves, but their parties as well. Overall, their movesets just represents EarthBound a lot better in my opinion, even if they are a bit inaccurate.
Not to mention they don't have much offensive PSI in their games. If they had to be fully accurate to source, most of their moves had to be their weapons, which is more boring imo.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
:ultolimar: I really don’t like his Pikmin mechanic and all of his attacks feel wonky. Nothing about this character flows with me. I don’t like being required to have Pikmin just to do smash attacks and aerials.

:ultpit::ultdarkpit: These guys just are so uninteresting to play as. They don’t excel at anything and none of there attacks or combos are very satisfying. Whenever I see people argue about whether Pit or Dark Pit is better, I just say Palutena is a 1000 times cooler and more fun to play as than both of them. These two make up the definition of underwhelming.

:ultbowserjr: Always found Bowser Jr’s moveset to be weird and tricky, but not in a good way. The only thing I like about this character is his hammer attack when he jumps out of his ship. His hit boxes are just so awkward and his projectile game sucks. I only used him when 4 came out because I liked to mess around and play as Roy for memes. Now, I don’t even touch this character anymore and I have no desire to play as Bowser Jr.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
:ultolimar: by far, I've never in my life ever had fun playing with/against/watching this character. Everything about olimars and his pikmin puts me to sleep

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
[QUOTE"Perkilator, post: 23161135, member: 397212"]Incineroar. He’s my second favorite Alola Pokémon (losing only to the entire Popplio line), and I think Sakurai did him dirty in Ultimate with his Side, Neutral, and Up-B’s (especially the Up-B). And why don’t we have this as his Neutral-B./QUOTE]

Haha, yeah! I totally thought his neutral special would be his belt flamethrower! That said, I'm actually pretty happy with how his moveset turned out. It'd be more boring if he basically just had another Charizard/Bowser flamethrower.
I wish his Darkest Lariat had more momentum when moving though.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, I enjoy most characters to some degree or another. However, there is one character I have never been able to wrap my head around since his inception and that would have to be :ultdiddy:His attacks just feel sooooo weak and he really doesn't fit my playstyle. Also, I just don't feel right using the banana to trip my opponents and have never been a fan of characters who use tools/items that can be directly turned against them.

:ultvillager: Comes as a close second but I feel like he has more effective tools and smash attacks than Diddy. I just dislike the incredibly campy playstyle he has as you nickel and dime your opponent's percent.

D

Deleted member

I don't play as good as with other characters when I pick :ultivysaur:.

I kind of suck with that one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I play decently well with all the characters but one.

Rosalina doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Like, I get it, but nothing makes any sense.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Incineroar. He’s my second favorite Alola Pokémon (losing only to the entire Popplio line), and I think Sakurai did him dirty in Ultimate with his Side, Neutral, and Up-B’s (especially the Up-B). And why don’t we have this as his Neutral-B, speaking of which?
View attachment 201985
Probably because it could look like fire is coming out of his ****.

Top Bottom