• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which character has the best fair?

wazgood

Smash Ace
there are so many good ones...
knee
marth
sheik
ganondorf retreating fair
jigglypuff WoP
luigi
zelda
mewtwo
G&W credit card/whatever the **** it is
boozer
ness
being a falcon main, ill have to go with the KNEE

EDIT: how do i make this into a poll?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
since so many people are making fair tier lists, i guess ill make my own

God-
Captain Falcon

Top-
Marth
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Ganon

-High-
Bowser
G&W
Zelda
Luigi
Ness
Mewtwo
Peach
Samus

-Middle-
Kirby
Doc
Yoshi
Y Link
Link
Roy

-Low-
Ice Climbers
Mario
DK
Pikachu
Falco
Fox

F**king Gay-
Pichu

Jammer

Smash Lord
It's awesome to hit an opponent four times in a row in the air with a Marth f-air.

The Knee is Falcon's signature move. He needs it for about half of his KOs (but it depends on your play style, of course).

I'm not too familiar with Jigg's f-air or Ganondorf's f-air.

I'd personally say Capt. Falcon's f-air is the best, simply because it's just behind the shine and rest in terms of overpowerdness.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Yeah. TEH KNEE is pretty much the best.

Even in the real world. Did you know that you, yes you, can do the knee thing that Captain Falcon does?

It's called the flying knee, I believe, and it has ended many kickboxing matches in the first five seconds (instant knock-out).

But don't do it. That's how jaws and necks are broken.

benxsv

Smash Rookie
uhmm, last i checked, c falcon doesnt have a fair, therefore he doesnt qualify for this
he has a WTF@HAXPWNAGE KNEE
the knee is too godly to be grouped with regular fairs
idk though, just my opinion

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I accidently do Fox's fair alot, and have grown fond of it. You might say it's similar to a helicopter, but I think it should be called a Fairplane. jk

Falcon's Knee ftw.

Sensai

Smash Master
You know, a move can be good because it combos...

That being said, I think Sheik's Fair is the best all around. It's quick as all hell and has an amazing trajectory.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How is Marth's fair better than falcon and Sheik's fair? It doesn't ko until higher percentages. It is more of a combo move.
You can do two really fast in a shorthop, it spaces, it has so many different types of hitbox, and if you space it properly its very easy to keep your spacing and not get messed up, this is just my personal opinion of course.

I play a lot of chars, I hammer on shields with ganons fair a lot too, and im pretty fond of falcons, who the heck isnt? Falcons is by far the best.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I actually think that Marth has the best fair as in terms of which is the most useful. Really Dylan Tnga summed it up pretty well, it has range, it combos (Ken Combo anyone?), and it's insanely quick. The Knee is a great KO move, but I think Marth's move that leads into his two best KO attacks (Fsmash and dair) AND can juggle and keep spacing deserves the top spot.

As for Sheik's fair, it more or less has the same functions as the knee, but I always find it harder to land and less effective. Curse Sheik's horrendous short hopping.

Gold - Marth
Silver - Falcon
Bronze - Sheik

-And on an honorary note, Falcon's Knee is still deemed the 'coolest' fair.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
sheiks fair isnt that good. with decent DI it wont kill until like ~100% while the knee will kill around 60% or 70%

moozles

Smash Cadet
The knee is not fair. Zomg pun.

K anyway, I think Marth's or Shiek's fair is better, but Captain Falcon's knee is just too **** sexy

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I actually think that Marth has the best fair as in terms of which is the most useful. Really Dylan Tnga summed it up pretty well, it has range, it combos (Ken Combo anyone?), and it's insanely quick. The Knee is a great KO move, but I think Marth's move that leads into his two best KO attacks (Fsmash and dair) AND can juggle and keep spacing deserves the top spot.

As for Sheik's fair, it more or less has the same functions as the knee, but I always find it harder to land and less effective. Curse Sheik's horrendous short hopping.

Gold - Marth
Silver - Falcon
Bronze - Sheik

-And on an honorary note, Falcon's Knee is still deemed the 'coolest' fair.
2nd'd

signed : dylan tnga

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
well, if we define a move's usefulness as how badly a character would be nerfed without it, then things change a bit. sheik's is still pretty important because it is far and away her best kill move. same for falcon. marth can kill with tipper's and edgeguards so while it is essential to comboing, he wouldn't be nerfed as much as falcon or sheik if they all lost the move. all this said though, one of the best fairs is actually zelda's. as is, she only has two moves. without the fair, she only has the bair, and she would be so much more useless. so i guess my list is sheik's is best, then falcon, then zelda.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
It really just depends on the character's style. Marth's fair is important to him for different reasons Sheik's is.

If the characters were to just have a battle in which they were only able to use their f-airs, I think it would be down between Marth, Jiggs, and Sheik.

KrnMint_00v

Smash Cadet
Marth's fair is the best. Range, combo ability, and w/e else.

Jiggly's fair is pretty good too. Maybe not great, but it can lead to a rest... (I think)

Top Bottom