• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the best and worst Final Smashes?

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Worst: Donkey Kong His Final Smash is the one of the hardest to use. To reach somebody you need to hit the buttons at the right time to do a bigger effect. QUOTE said:
It was said that during DK's you can't do anything to change it and you should just sit and relax

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
Best Final Smash: PEACH, Sonic, Wario [And I Don't Really Like Him But His Final Smash Rocks!], Mario, Link, Fox [Hard To Use Probably But It's AWESOME!!!], Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, & Ike.

Worst Final Smash: DONKEY KONG [It's Cool But Annoying Too], Ice Climbers [Its Cool, But It Should Of Been More Creative], Yoshi [It's Ok, too Bland]

AIM0001

Smash Lord
No. No you got it wrong. Sonic's is like Pikachu's. Pikachu was obviously developed first. or we wouldent have gotten the delay.

You were politicly incorrect.

Best Looking Final Smash: Samus Mario or Lucas

Best Final Smash: Ice climbers looks pretty beast. I was suprised with it.

Bowser and Fox Look pretty good too

Worst final Smash: Donkey, Diddy, and Wario's dont look so great.

All Diddy and Wario do is fly around (Wario flys around in tights) and Do their normal attacks but stronger. in the last game this would be called a bunny hood and Handicap. Tights were a nice touch though. :p

LOTS of beast screenshots with the Final Smash look. runnin around the sceen glowing and pupil-less. and flaming. and own-inating.

Yeah I know that but in my own mind it's Sonic's because it fits him better than Pikachu and Sonic's looks like it does more damage too. So technically I'm wrong but I think Sonic's fits him better and that they should of gave Pikachu a different FS.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
bowser, yoshi and fox are definitely the best finals... other 2 that look incredibly strong are pokemon trainer and lucas'

the worst... pikachu, kirby (?), meta knight and the very worst of all dk

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Best FS:

Link, Ike, Samus, Mario

Link and Ike because the beat the crap out of the person
Samus and Mario because they shoot giant projectiles

Worst FS:

Peach

Let's face it, it does no damage and is useless.
Peach may be slipping in the tiers (if there are distinguishable ones, since the game is going for balance).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Sorry for lashing out at you, but I get angry when people talk crap about Peach. Peach FTW!
HAHA nah I didn't even take it like that at all. You were just correctin me on a flaw, I really didn't know Peaches FS did damage. That's good to know. I can see why you did, your peaches #1 fan n all so it's coo. I'm not goin to tell you to leave my thread for "LASHING" out at me. :laugh:

The Worst Final Smash: For this one I will go with Pikachu's because it's like Sonic's and very unorginal and I thought maybe he'd have something with like Lighting striking all over the place or something but then that's be close to Lucas's but I dunno, I just hate Pikachu's the most.
I would like to point out the irony in your statement. Yes, Pikachu's Final Smash is very unoriginal because it's just like Sonic's. Even though, you know, Pikachu's was revealed first and probably designed first. Yea...

Good job.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I would like to point out the irony in your statement. Yes, Pikachu's Final Smash is very unoriginal because it's just like Sonic's. Even though, you know, Pikachu's was revealed first and probably designed first. Yea...

Good job.
Yeah so what, did you really feel like you had to point this out again. Pikachu's came first but Sonic's is better and it fits him better so I see it as Pikachus copied his. But really who cares if that don't make sense...just leave it at that.

So good job on bringing it up a 2nd time on this thread...

Best FS:

Link, Ike, Samus, Mario

Link and Ike because the beat the crap out of the person
Samus and Mario because they shoot giant projectiles

Worst FS:

Peach

Let's face it, it does no damage and is useless.
Peach may be slipping in the tiers (if there are distinguishable ones, since the game is going for balance).
"O by the way Matt you might want to watch the videos on Peaches FS. I was just PROVEN wrong earlier on that. It actually does do 30-40% damage when you put them to sleep. Believe or not.

Yeah so what, did you really feel like you had to point this out again. Pikachu's came first but Sonic's is better and it fits him better so I see it as Pikachus copied his. But really who cares if that don't make sense...just leave it at that.
Well that's just your opinion. Fact is, Pikachu didn't copy anyone. And I was under the impression that this thread was about what we thought were the best and worst, not our favorite or least favorite. Just because you don't like the Volt Tackle, that doesn't mean it's a bad Final Smash.

And to everyone else, I don't see how you could judge Wario's Final Smash, as nobody has played it yet.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well that's just your opinion. Fact is, Pikachu didn't copy anyone. And I was under the impression that this thread was about what we thought were the best and worst, not our favorite or least favorite. Just because you don't like the Volt Tackle, that doesn't mean it's a bad Final Smash.

And to everyone else, I don't see how you could judge Wario's Final Smash, as nobody has played it yet.

Yeah it is only how I see it, not how everyone should see it. An opinion is all it is. But uhhh I do havta agree with you on Wario's FS. I feel people are the most hard on his not knowing if it could actually be good. I can gurentee it'll be betta than DK's(haha). But I don't know if sound bias cuz I'm a big Wario fan n all but I think people are too hard on his FS.

MRun

Smash Cadet
wario and donkey kong's are by far the worst FS's
We still don't know how DK's Final Smash will work. Everybody at the expo just mashed buttons with DK's FS; Sakurai hints that good things happen if you beat the drums to the BGM.

Wario's looks decent. It seems like a smaller-scale version of Giga Bowser, in that you control an uberfied version of your selected character.

Ok, now for my actual input. I'm going to say Donkey Kong's is the worst Final Smash, simply because it is so avoidable and so limited. Lucas's seems pretty good, but I'm going to pick Sonic's and Bowser's as the best as far as netting kills. My favorite is probably Fox's though.

We still don't know how DK's Final Smash will work. Everybody at the expo just mashed buttons with DK's FS; Sakurai hints that good things happen if you beat the drums to the BGM.
Well this one was tested by competitive players like gimpyfish.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Worst: Mario. It's like Samus', only... weaker? And it just feels less original. Not WOW THAT WAS AWESOME or character-fitting at all (only a little bit, I guess).
True true, by the looks of it, it's predictable and easily avoidable. However, it's certainly not the worst. I mean come on bro, it's Shinku Hadoken esque so it doesn't fail completely.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Don't know about best, but the worst seems to be DK's.
Poor Donkey...:(

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Bowser's is definitly the best, you can just d-smash and the whole stage gets covered by his attack, you can get at least 1 maybe 2 kills if the match is 1on1, and 3+ kills when free4all...

Donkey Kong's is not the worst, if you've seen the video of the demo, you know that it was a noob who activated the FS, he didn't tap any buttons or anything, you have to press buttons on time with the beat and it gets stronger, so if you master it, it wouldn't suck I guess...

Most original: Link's Final Smash, t'is just cool...

Most stupid: Wario's, I never liked the new Wario, give me the reckless dude from Warioland and I'm happy, and yeah, he performs his Shoulder-Charge, but in that outfit, it looks just stupid...

Most Useless FS: Pikachu's...it looks good and all, but you'll never hit someone with it, especially on big stages...

Coolest name for FS: PK Starstorm...just love it

Most Useless FS: Pikachu's...it looks good and all, but you'll never hit someone with it, especially on big stages...
People got a weekend to play it. Think of how useless Marth was considered when the game first came out. People who want to be good with Pikachu will perfect the Volt Tackle and make it deadly.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Best: PK Starstorm, Landmaster Tank - pwnage thje entire size of the screen and pretty much unavoidable
Worst: Volt tackle, Bongo Blast - bongos keep you in place, pretty much do nothing, Pikachu's is highly uncontrollable

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
not nececaraly best or wost, but i wanna mention that meta knights will be very useful at times and deacently easy to pull off. i heard that he doesnt have any erally good moves for landing a killing blow is why i say this.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Most liked: Samus or Bowser

Least liked: DK

Most Effective: Lucas (about to say PKMN Trainer...it's super effective!)

Least Effective: Pikachu

Most Visual Pleasing: Ike

Least Visual Pleasing: Kirby

Most Fan Pleasing: Sonic

Least Fan Pleasing: Diddy Kong

The one that has the most weirdest eyes: Peach

To quote Vash the Stampede...

"SCARY!"

Zevox

Smash Lord
If you tap the special button at a BEAT of the Stage's music you get a huge soundwave (Donkey Kong's Final).
watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJC2S7ioOwU
Ooooh, very nice. Good to know it isn't as bad as everyone was reporting it to be. Its certainly one of the most creative of the Final Smashes, so it would have been a terrible shame if it were truly horrid.

Still, unless the sound waves get bigger than in that video, the FS won't be much use on big stages. But then again, big stages make a lot of final smashes less useful (more room to run from Giga Bowser/Landmaster/etc, more room to dodge Mario Finale/Zero Laser/etc, Lucas' won't cover the whole stage by Sakurai's own word, and so on), so I suppose thats not precisely that big of a deal.

Venus of the Desert Bloom said:
Really? I was pretty pleased with it. The ability to combine Rocket Barrel Boost and the Peanut Popguns was a favorite of mine from DK 64, so the FS seems perfect to me. It also avoids making it a copy of DK's via the guitar.

Zevox

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Best FS:
Warioman - (Wario) Most unique IMO I've seen and it looks truly fun to use. Going to be looking forward to using that one, hope the moveset is as good as Sakurai brags it to be.

Runner Up:
PK Starstorm - (Lucas) Lucas' final smash looks crazy to use on small stages and I can definently see it KOing left and right.

Worst FS:
Reunion with the suit - (Zamus) Turning back into Samus doesn't exactly shout cool; neither does it do much of any damage.

Runner Up:
Volt Tackle: (Pikachu) This one does look pretty cool, and looks like it does decent damage, however it looks a little TOO quick for my liking.

:cool:

AIM0001

Smash Lord

"SCARY!"
I'm going to havta disagree with you on these 2. To me the least fan pleasing is probably King De De De or Meta Knight to me. Though their FS's are fairly decent as a fan of these 2 characters I expected something a lil more out of there FS's. Now I think the least visual appealing is Yoshi's. Yeah I think it's cool he can fly like he did in Super Mario World and it's not that it looks week or anything, but since we talking about visual appeal this one just looks plain boring to me for some reason. I find Kirby's to be quite funny and it takes me back to Kirby Super Star on the SNES.:)

Ooooh, very nice. Good to know it isn't as bad as everyone was reporting it to be. Its certainly one of the most creative of the Final Smashes, so it would have been a terrible shame if it were truly horrid.

Still, unless the sound waves get bigger than in that video, the FS won't be much use on big stages. But then again, big stages make a lot of final smashes less useful (more room to run from Giga Bowser/Landmaster/etc, more room to dodge Mario Finale/Zero Laser/etc, Lucas' won't cover the whole stage by Sakurai's own word, and so on), so I suppose thats not precisely that big of a deal.

Really? I was pretty pleased with it. The ability to combine Rocket Barrel Boost and the Peanut Popguns was a favorite of mine from DK 64, so the FS seems perfect to me. It also avoids making it a copy of DK's via the guitar.

Zevox
Really when did Sakurai say that? Did he state that on the DOJO website cuz I don't remember reading that anywhere on DOJO.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord

"SCARY!"

i disagree with you peach's final smash is kind of cute

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I also think Peach's FS is cute. I absolutely love its excution, wonderfully done, as was already clear, I mean it is Peach, right? One last word: Sweet! ^^
I still prefer other FS a bit more though.

Top Bottom