• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the best and worst Final Smashes?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ok I was going to wait awhile to do this thread. Like wait for more characters to be announced but since we still having a CHARACTER DROUGHT I said forget it. I'm going to do this thread now. As you know we just finished seeing King De De De's Final Smash. Seeing how Snake and Zelda are the only 2 we don't know about I decided not to wait for theres to be announced and the start this thread now. Though I'm very interested in both of thiers and can't wait to hear about thiers but for now I'm going to ask you which character do you think has the Worst FS and which character has the Best FS. Please tell why.....

The Best Final Smash: I'm going to havta go with Fox and Bowser's cuz they both turn into really big bad@ss killing machines.

Honorable Mention: Sonic for turning into Super Sonic.

The Worst Final Smash: For this one I will go with Pikachu's because it's like Sonic's and very unorginal and I thought maybe he'd have something with like Lighting striking all over the place or something but then that's be close to Lucas's but I dunno, I just hate Pikachu's the most.

Horrible Mention: Donkey Kong's jungle beat FS doesn't look like it does much damage and correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have to hit them at close range which might be difficlut kinda the same for Meta Knights but I don't hate Meta Knights though.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
As we don't know how it'll all play out, we can't say much about them. But here I go anyway:

Best Final Smash
Probably Samus'. Not only does she turn into Zero Suit Samus afterwards, but this attack looks devastating, plus, it affects all the characters on stage. Only con I see is that it might be easy to dodge if not aimed well.

Lucas' FS isn't bad either, since PK Starstorm will be abnormally hard to dodge. Only con: It doesn't do well on big stages. Pro: We don't have that many big stages, so there :)

Worst Final Smash

Probably DK and Wario because none of them look very effective. But maybe it plays out totally different in game, so I can't say very much about that.

Special:
Most annoying Final Smash

Ice Climbers' FS:
I mean, a giant iceberg on stage, it's slippery and does damage, how is that not annoying.
Probably Peach's FS too, because she does seem like she's the same powerhouse as in Melee and when everyone falls into a deep sleep and she picks up the peaches for restoring health or can kick your *** in the mean time, I guess many people will find that annoying ^^

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
hmmm are we going by effectiveness or coolness?

If we are going by coolness... it's tough for me to decide... Aether is badass... and so is GIGA BOWSER...

Pika's looks stupid... I agree that giant thunderbolts or a huge lightning storm would have been better... it looks really hard to use too...

DK's just looks worthless...

I think my least favorite is Sonic's though... simply because I got so sick of watching E for All videos where sonic gets the smashball in every other one... I wanted to see more FSs but all the battles had sonic grabbing them...

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

If we are going by coolness... it's tough for me to decide... Aether is badass... and so is GIGA BOWSER...

Pika's looks stupid... I agree that giant thunderbolts or a huge lightning storm would have been better... it looks really hard to use too...

I think my least favorite is Sonic's though... simply because I got so sick of watching E for All videos where sonic gets the smashball in every other one... I wanted to see more FSs but all the battles had sonic grabbing them...
However, Volt Tackle IS Pikachu's best attack in game

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

CORAX! *waves*

Best Final Smash: I'd have to say Ike's Aether. For one it looks tight, two he's invincible when you're in it, and three, other players in the match up can knock the crap out of the victim with there own combos.

Worst Final Smash: Peach's. I say this only because the FS itself doesn't cause any damage, you're just put to sleep.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say in my option.

Best: Kirby

He cooks your enemies and burns them into the sky. Also you will get power ups and healing items after your done.

Worst: Donkey Kong

His Final Smash is the one of the hardest to use. To reach somebody you need to hit the buttons at the right time to do a bigger effect.

Annoying: Pit

In one on one it's not that annoying. But if you play a four way free for all his Final Smash stormes everywere and it's hard to not get hit by it.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I can not imagine what would happen if you only played with FS on Very High. It would be something like the "300" movie x_X

Like for example with Pit's FS like Viper mentioned, or a four way PK Starstorm, that'd hurt. A lot.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
A PK Starstorm on a Game & Watch esque stage would be simply nearly impossible to avoid being ko'ed.

@That's the way it should be.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
A PK Starstorm on a Game & Watch esque stage would be simply nearly impossible to avoid being ko'ed.

@That's the way it should be.

Ya I agree with that. Besides my 2 FS's I mentioned, Pit's and Lucas's FS's look to be the most effective and gureentee to hit. There are not very many big stages on Brawl. As for the Game & Watch stage mention. I was hoping maybe they would re-do that stage to make it a even bigger but I dunno.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ya I agree with that. Besides my 2 FS's I mentioned, Pit's and Lucas's FS's look to be the most effective and gureentee to hit. There are not very many big stages on Brawl. As for the Game & Watch stage mention. I was hoping maybe they would re-do that stage to make it a even bigger but I dunno.
Hmmm.....oh I'll figure out some way to evade successfully these kinds of FS's. Then I'll put it on youtube.

But yeah, I like the fact that Pit and Lucas's are like that. They're not stupid all or nothing Final Smash's like Metaknights. Tsk tsk tsk, they could of gave him so much better....:ohwell:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hmmm.....oh I'll figure out some way to evade successfully these kinds of FS's. Then I'll put it on youtube.

But yeah, I like the fact that Pit and Lucas's are like that. They're not stupid all or nothing Final Smash's like Metaknights. Tsk tsk tsk, they could of gave him so much better....:ohwell:
Yeah his looks like a hard one to exacute but they also could of gave De De De a better one too. I'm suprised noone has brought up De De De's yet. De De De is said to be similar to Pits. Sonic's is like Pikachu's. Samus, Mario, PT are pretty similar as well. I wonder if we are going to get more Final Smash clones in Brawl. Maybe I'm speaking too soon cuz we havn't even got to see how any of these play out. I'm sure they all have their distinct differences. Atleast I hope so. If they do turn out to be FS clones well...I'd be better than having clone characters....

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah his looks like a hard one to exacute but they also could of gave De De De a better one too. I'm suprised noone has brought up De De De's yet. De De De is said to be similar to Pits. Sonic's is like Pikachu's. Samus, Mario, PT are pretty similar as well. I wonder if we are going to get more Final Smash clones in Brawl. Maybe I'm speaking too soon cuz we havn't even got to see how any of these play out. I'm sure they all have their distinct differences. Atleast I hope so. If they do turn out to be FS clones well...I'd be better than having clone characters....
Dedede's FS fails. I don't care if it's effective or not, Waddle Dees as a super attack? C'mon! That's so lame! He's suppose to be a big time villain!

Meh....the rest of the FS's should be original and well thought out. If Sakurai and his development team can't do that well then they clearly lack imagination and creativity.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It seems that Donkey Kong's FS is quite popular in that area. Makes me wonder...I hope he'll do at least better overall than in Melee, there he plain sucked (no offense to DK users, it's only my opinion)

:034:

Smash Hero
Best: Samus. Holy **** have you seen the SIZE of that thing?
IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR

Worst: Mario. It's like Samus', only... weaker? And it just feels less original. Not WOW THAT WAS AWESOME or character-fitting at all (only a little bit, I guess).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Best: Lucas

Worst: DK easily (it may even be the worst out of every character)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Best: Lucas and MK

Worse: DK, Pikachu and Dedede

Hopefully for Snake he has an explosion for his FS.

Zevox

Smash Lord
My personal favorites are Pit, the Ice Climbers, DK, and Sonic. Pit because of the obviously immense usefulness of the move - not only do all those suicide-bombing troops he calls have a good chance to knock his foe(s) around, they force his foe(s) to focus on dodging them, leaving them open to anything Pit decides to do in the meantime - and I just love the concept of him calling in an army anyway. The Ice Climbers due to how original the move is: altering the stage itself to give themselves the advantage, in addition to damaging foes with it, is just sweet. DK because of the originality and interactivity of the move. And Sonic because I'm just that big of a fan of his :p .

Least favorites are Mario, Link, and Ike. They're all just dull - Mario gets a giant fireball, Link and Ike get sword combos. Seriously, they could at least have given one of those two something more original than a simple sword combo, or at bare minimum have made the two more different than they are.

Statistically, I imagine the best will be guys like Bowser, Fox, or Mario's, while the worst will be things like DK's. But honestly, I care little about that.

shadenexus18 said:
Dedede's FS fails. I don't care if it's effective or not, Waddle Dees as a super attack? C'mon! That's so lame! He's suppose to be a big time villain!
And is it not the part of a big time villain, particularly one who is a self-proclaimed King, to have an army of minions at his beck and call? His FS fits him perfectly if you ask me.

Zevox

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Peach's is best. Whoever says it doesn't do damage is just plain wrong... it actually does a good amount. Watch the videos.

DK's is worst.
How does it do damage. The only damage you can do is hit em while they asleep. That's the only way it could do damage, they can't get hurt for being put to sleep. That would make no sense.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
How does it do damage. The only damage you can do is hit em while they asleep. That's the only way it could do damage, they can't get hurt for being put to sleep. That would make no sense.
WATCH THE VIDEOS. It does like 30-40% Damage. I'm not arguing here, I'm telling you what IS IN THE GAME.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
Best: Sonic

Worst: Ike

I like the character ike but not his final smash bcause i have seen videos of it and it is quite easy 2 dodge, as far as sonic goes it may not be easy to control supersonic but it is quite devastating

AIM0001

Smash Lord
WATCH THE VIDEOS. It does like 30-40% Damage. I'm not arguing here, I'm telling you what IS IN THE GAME.

Well I watched the videos and you were right it did do around 30-40% damage. This whole time I didn't know that. My bad I guess I was wrong.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
The best, as in my favorite, would have to be Link's. The worst would have to be DK's , because I expected something more epic for a character with such a rich history as him. It's also easily avoidable too.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
The Worst Final Smash: For this one I will go with Pikachu's because it's like Sonic's and very unorginal and I thought maybe he'd have something with like Lighting striking all over the place or something but then that's be close to Lucas's but I dunno, I just hate Pikachu's the most.
No. No you got it wrong. Sonic's is like Pikachu's. Pikachu was obviously developed first. or we wouldent have gotten the delay.

You were politicly incorrect.

Best Looking Final Smash: Samus Mario or Lucas

Best Final Smash: Ice climbers looks pretty beast. I was suprised with it.

Bowser and Fox Look pretty good too

Worst final Smash: Donkey, Diddy, and Wario's dont look so great.

All Diddy and Wario do is fly around (Wario flys around in tights) and Do their normal attacks but stronger. in the last game this would be called a bunny hood and Handicap. Tights were a nice touch though. :p

LOTS of beast screenshots with the Final Smash look. runnin around the sceen glowing and pupil-less. and flaming. and own-inating.

finalark

SNORLAX
No. No you got it wrong. Sonic's is like Pikachu's. Pikachu was obviously developed first. or we wouldent have gotten the delay.

You were politicly incorrect.

Best Looking Final Smash: Samus Mario or Lucas

Best Final Smash: Ice climbers looks pretty beast. I was suprised with it.

Bowser and Fox Look pretty good too

Worst final Smash: Donkey, Diddy, and Wario's dont look so great.

All Diddy and Wario do is fly around (Wario flys around in tights) and Do their normal attacks but stronger. in the last game this would be called a bunny hood and Handicap. Tights were a nice touch though. :p

LOTS of beast screenshots with the Final Smash look. runnin around the sceen glowing and pupil-less. and flaming. and own-inating.
It's impossible to be politically correct.

Anyway, I think the best are:

PK Starstorm, Zero Laser, Mario Finale, Giga Bowerser Transformation and Landmaster.

The worst:

Konga Beat. Hands down.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
The Good

Best attack: Lucus/Pit/Bowser
Best range: Mario/Samus/Pokemon Trainer/Bowser
Best looking attack: Pikachu and Fox/Bowser
Best using smashball pose thing: Da King/Bowser

The Bad

Worst attack: Meta-Knight
Worst range: Kirby
Worst looking attack: Diddy Kong/Wario
Worst using smashball pose thing: Peach

The Ugly

Ugg attack: Donkey Kong
Ugg range: Donkey Kong
Ugg looking attact: Donkey Kong
Ugg using smashball pose thing: Donkey Kong

finalark

SNORLAX
He sits there... and plays music... and you can just run to the edge of the stage and wait for him to finish to avoid it...

Top Bottom