• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you LOVE to fight?

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Might as well post here~
Here are my favorite match-ups!

:bowser2: vs :ness2:
:bowser2: vs :kirby2:
:bowser2: vs :sonic:
:bowser2: vs :dk2:
:bowser2: vs :ike:
:bowser2: vs any low tier character who isn't Mario, Samus, Jigglypuff, or another Bowser
:wolf: vs :fox:
:wolf: vs :dk2:
:kirby2: vs :ness2:
:kirby2: vs :falco:
:kirby2: vs :pikachu2:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Eh, I mainly just fight characters I don't like to play as, such as King De De De, Mr. Game & Watch, and Kirby.

Avantgrave

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0963-0522-3867
I play against friends who typically stick to one or two characters. Most skilled friend uses Link and Fox, and then the other two guys one uses Marth and the other uses Meta Knight, so really, I enjoy it the most every once in a while when someone else will come over and use another character. So basically, I like fighting other characters that I never really get the chance to experience.

Out of my matchups against my friends, I guess I probably enjoy going against Link the most, mainly because it's the most difficult of my matchups against my friends.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I love to fight fat characters like donkey kong,ganondorf,keing dedede,bowser. And I like to fight link and ike, my main is link and ike

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
I like beating on midgits (Lightweights and Round characters) because I mostly used Ike who wrecks their bodies off the screen

link2702

Smash Champion
I like beating on midgits (Lightweights and Round characters) because I mostly used Ike who wrecks their bodies off the screen
something tells me you've only faced cpus and noob players.

ike gets wrecked by anyone who is faster than him....which is pretty much everyone else but ganon and bowser.

juicysmash

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I love watching a good Ike (may be the reason I chose him). If someone has good spacing and mobility with him, it's game over almost every time. Plus, seeing someone get demolished killed with percents under 70 is something insane to me.

RealStarYoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-3367-9091
I LOVE it when people use Ike! I'll tell you right now, if you want to beat me in a fight while I am being Yoshi, do NOT use Ike, or else I WILL win! My sister uses Ike all the time, so almost all his moves are predictable to me. :ike:

I also like fighting Level 9 Mario and Level 9 Link for training. :mario2::link2:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I LOVE it when people use Ike! I'll tell you right now, if you want to beat me in a fight while I am being Yoshi, do NOT use Ike, or else I WILL win! My sister uses Ike all the time, so almost all his moves are predictable to me. :ike:
I want to play you now.

D

Deleted member

I love fighting Jigglypuff and Pikachu xD. I play people online who spam Pikachu a lot so its really funny when they get beat up and its just so hilarious to kick the crap out of Jigglypuff ^.^

Singe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
:mario2: vs. :falcon: is a fun matchup, I always expect one knee or punch in the match so I plan out some deserving punishments when they are being attempted. Taunting is also common as well with both characters due to both being low tier characters.

:mario2: vs. :snake: is also exciting due to the strategizing of both characters on the playing field. Both characters are somewhat limited in approaching due to effective spacing attacks, so projectiles are often the key to success in these matchups.

:mario2: vs. :marth: has to be one of the most difficult matchups for Mario, and requires a lot of planning in order to successfully defeat Marth, regardless of experience. It is always satisfying to see Marth stunned in the air after being hit by any of Mario's moves, allowing him to follow up with most of his moves (besides f-air).

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
It's always fun to gimp people with bad recoveries i.e. Link, Bowser.

Snake especially though. His recovery move doesn't damage until it ends, and it's a pretty good recovery considering he's such a heavy character. He puts up a good fight (whilst not fighting).

Thor

Smash Champion
link2072 said:
ike gets wrecked by anyone who is faster than him....which is pretty much everyone else but ganon and bowser.
Nah, he runs even with ICs and Snake, plus Captain Falcon is way faster but Ike still wins that matchup...although most of the time, you're right.

Also Ike vs MK is usually game over... for Ike.

I like Pikachu [me] vs MK. It's a very satisfying MU considering a lot of the stuff MK can do to characters is less effective on Pikachu, and Pikachu can do some dirty stuff to MK (at least, it's dirty by MK standards of 'very little affects me').

I also enjoy Falco [me] vs Marth, and Ike [me] vs Snake (although I'm not a fan of breaking camping it's somehow not that bad).

Although this is player-specific, not an actual MU, Diddy Kong [me] vs anyone I know who's bad with items (i.e. bananas) is really funny. Glide-toss banana -> dsmash is so darn satisfying.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Nah, he runs even with ICs and Snake, plus Captain Falcon is way faster but Ike still wins that matchup...although most of the time, you're right.

Also Ike vs MK is usually game over... for Ike.

I like Pikachu [me] vs MK. It's a very satisfying MU considering a lot of the stuff MK can do to characters is less effective on Pikachu, and Pikachu can do some dirty stuff to MK (at least, it's dirty by MK standards of 'very little affects me').

I also enjoy Falco [me] vs Marth, and Ike [me] vs Snake (although I'm not a fan of breaking camping it's somehow not that bad).

Although this is player-specific, not an actual MU, Diddy Kong [me] vs anyone I know who's bad with items (i.e. bananas) is really funny. Glide-toss banana -> dsmash is so darn satisfying.
loloololoololol
From a video, it looks like Ike's primary option is to use jab, since that's the thing with the lowest beginning lag for him. Thought that that was kinda funny. Although, I think it was a Brawl mod, so staling didn't apply.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Ike's best grounded option is his jab yes (tilts and smashes kind of slow), but his bair is fast, his nair isn't too slow, and his fair has really good zoning power. Ike's jab can chain into itself if your opponent doesn't SDI right away for like 20% or even 25%+ (I once got 40% off a jab combo but the person I was playing wasn't used to facing Ike, and it was a friendly so they might not have been trying that hard...).

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
Personally, I like playing against Captain Falcon. He just seems like the perfect match for Marth.

A Dualist

Smash Rookie
My preferable match-ups depend on the character that I am using, the character that my opponent is using, and how my opponent plays (I hate playing styles that are very defensive/camp-heavy). The characters that I use are Wario, Olimar (mains), Snake, Diddy Kong, King DeDeDe, (secondary characters), Ike, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (other characters). As Wario and/or Olimar, I like/love to fight: Meta Knight (as Olimar), Ice Climbers (as both), Olimar (as both), Diddy Kong (as Olimar), Marth (as both), Snake (as both), Falco (as Olimar), Pikachu (as Wario), ZSS (as Wario), Wario (as Wario), and a few others with either main character. As for other match-ups, well, there are a lot that I happen to like/love, including dittos with any of the characters that I use, and other match-ups.

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I love playing my friends as Ganondorf because I know how to wreck with him and it pisses them off because they're all like "he sucks"

I love playing Meta Knight because it forces me to think fast

Thorizard

Smash Rookie
I really love the matchups that are the hardest! Fighting Snake as a Luc is ridiculous, but as long as I'm not salty, it's really fun cause it forces me to be stupid haha

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
So many scrubs on this thread lmao.
:pit: VS :diddy:
:pit: VS :falco:
:pit: VS :metaknight:
All three are super hard for pit. And the challenge is always very fun and rewarding.

Also...
:rob: VS :falco:
:rob: VS :metaknight:
Two ridiculously hard match-ups for R.O.B. It's too hard to camp against Falco, and trying to get into a fist-fight is almost impossible, seeing as how Falco on the ground is ridonk. (Even though personally, he prefers the air ;)
Vs metaknight, you have to have godlike spacing. It's not even funny. Metaknight's dair stops all kinds of **** R.O.B. can do.

Booster

Smash Lord
Wario (Me) vs Ganondorf, not because I'm a newb but because of the fact the King of Evil can be killed with a fart attack or being ran over with a Motorcycle. Ganondorf is an absolute joke in Brawl.

Another one: Zelda vs Ganondorf, how does he kidnap her if he's weaker then her? It makes no sense, Zelda can kick his ass and yet he always kidnaps her. Game Theory: Zelda WANTS to be kidnapped so she can be the center of attention, that's it.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Setting CPU to lvl. 9 and having at it with R.O.B. It's pretty dern fun.

Scratch that... Game & Watch too, because the thing moves like a demon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
I have a blast fighting slower characters, like Ganondorf and Bowser. Captain Falcon is also fun to fight, because every time I get hit by him, I remind myself that he's pretty much a Power Ranger with muscles. Losing to him never upsets me because of that, if that makes any sense. Race on, Captain Falcon!

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Bower when I want to an easy punching bag, and Lucario when I want something more difficult.

Top Bottom