• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Forget my previous post. I utterly despise fighting Snake now. It's just SOO many players abuse his explosives. It's practically impossible to fight him without getting hit by a grenade, be it the explosion or the grenade itself.

Tysonyoshi

Smash Rookie
I mostly played against CPUs so
Snake and Pikachu. I just hate fighting them for some reason.

For actual players its anyone that spams one move or just sits by the edge away from everything and smashes whatever comes by stealing KO's

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Forget my previous post. I utterly despise fighting Snake now. It's just SOO many players abuse his explosives. It's practically impossible to fight him without getting hit by a grenade, be it the explosion or the grenade itself.
Snake's hand grenades takes 3 seconds to detonate, you have plenty of time to react to that.
Snake's mine is obvious, either don't step on it, or run and shield to detonate it without suffering any damage.
Snake's C4 just needs to be awared at where it has been input, it's really simply to not approach it.
Snake's remote missile won't be used constantly by a good Snake player for it leaves you open and it's quite difficult to land it on an opponent. Therefore, this explosive shouldn't be considered a threat whatsoever.

If you take these into consideration, Snake's explosive won't be as big as a problem.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Snake's hand grenades takes 3 seconds to detonate, you have plenty of time to react to that.
Snake's mine is obvious, either don't step on it, or run and shield to detonate it without suffering any damage.
Snake's C4 just needs to be awared at where it has been input, it's really simply to not approach it.
Snake's remote missile won't be used constantly by a good Snake player for it leaves you open and it's quite difficult to land it on an opponent. Therefore, this explosive shouldn't be considered a threat whatsoever.

If you take these into consideration, Snake's explosive won't be as big as a problem.
It's mostly the grenades that annoy me, since for some reason they also deal a small amount of
contact damage, and it's hard for me to land some attacks without hitting and therefore detonating them. Thanks for the advice on the grenades, and the other explosives. I was also reffering to his up smash, since a lot of Snakes I've fought tend to use when I try approaching, and then try to get away. Or they'll use it and quickly slide across the ground without a warning. I don't even know how they do that, I've tried it, never worked.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
It's mostly the grenades that annoy me, since for some reason they also deal a small amount of
contact damage, and it's hard for me to land some attacks without hitting and therefore detonating them. Thanks for the advice on the grenades, and the other explosives. I was also reffering to his up smash, since a lot of Snakes I've fought tend to use when I try approaching, and then try to get away. Or they'll use it and quickly slide across the ground without a warning. I don't even know how they do that, I've tried it, never worked.
My best friends plays a great Snake. Now he doesn't anymore because I counter the living **** out of him with MK and ZSS. Dealing with Snake varies between characters, if you'd tell me who your main is, I can help you out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My best friends plays a great Snake. Now he doesn't anymore because I counter the living **** out of him with MK and ZSS. Dealing with Snake varies between characters, if you'd tell me who your main is, I can help you out.
I usually use King Dedede or Pokemon Trainer, as Ivysuar most of the time.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
King D3 has a +1 advantage over Snake, D3 has one of the best Momentum cancels in the game. His FFMC can help him survive Snake's uptilt up to a 150% on an average blast-zone stage. Due to Snake's weight, he can be chaingrabbed to mid %s easily.
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/2012-king-dedede-matchup-export-2-snake.319623/
This thread can really help you out in that matchup, check it out :grin:.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Johnny12

Smash Rookie
I think I will make a difference here, for I almost never play vs players, mostly cpus. And even though I defeat all cpu players easily, I usually lose to Zelda and just can't explain why. I just find it harder to keep up with her, even than Meta Knight, especially in 4 player battles, where she usually takes 3 kills in a single front smash :s
I guess I am noob xD

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Thanks much!
My pleasure, I'll try to get to the Ivysaur matchup tommorow when I comeback from a Brawl night with friends.
I think I will make a difference here, for I almost never play vs players, mostly cpus. And even though I defeat all cpu players easily, I usually lose to Zelda and just can't explain why. I just find it harder to keep up with her, even than Meta Knight, especially in 4 player battles, where she usually takes 3 kills in a single front smash :s
I guess I am noob xD
Are you talking about a CPU Zelda or a Human Player Zelda? plus, you can't really categorize a 4-player FFA as "Competition".

Johnny12

Smash Rookie
My pleasure, I'll try to get to the Ivysaur matchup tommorow when I comeback from a Brawl night with friends.

Are you talking about a CPU Zelda or a Human Player Zelda? plus, you can't really categorize a 4-player FFA as "Competition".
CPU. My friends never want to use her at all, so I am unable to give it a try against player. I was just saying, it's strange that all find Meta Knight annoying, while I beat him easily and can't beat Zelda, I mean I have tried so many times 1v1 that my score has been filled with defeats :teeth: . In 4 player battles I do (3 cpu and me) if there is a Zelda in the triad of cpus, let's say I play 10 games with this triad. at least 8 of them will be Zelda's victory. Not to speak of my score in 1v1 :facepalm:
It's a weird phenomenon

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
CPU. My friends never want to use her at all, so I am unable to give it a try against player. I was just saying, it's strange that all find Meta Knight annoying, while I beat him easily and can't beat Zelda, I mean I have tried so many times 1v1 that my score has been filled with defeats :teeth: . In 4 player battles I do (3 cpu and me) if there is a Zelda in the triad of cpus, let's say I play 10 games with this triad. at least 8 of them will be Zelda's victory. Not to speak of my score in 1v1 :facepalm:
It's a weird phenomenon
Well, the problem with CPUs is that they're unpredictable. Zelda's victory streak might be lucky since anyone can win in a FFA (especially with CPUs). It's advisable that you don't focus Zelda as an opponent as much as you do now because non of your competitive friends play her. Instead, direct your attention to the characters that the people you compete with choose.

Johnny12

Smash Rookie
Well, the problem with CPUs is that they're unpredictable. Zelda's victory streak might be lucky since anyone can win in a FFA (especially with CPUs). It's advisable that you don't focus Zelda as an opponent as much as you do now because non of your competitive friends play her. Instead, direct your attention to the characters that the people you compete with choose.
My problem is mostly on 1v1, not that much on 4 player battles (I just don't add Zelda cpu and win). It isn't just luck, since I almost always lose on 1v1. I happen to be unable to predict Zelda's moves,especially smash up, and end up dead in no time with these charged kicks. It's inevitable. And next game I pown MK's for vengeance on what I couldn't do before :smash:

Reth92

Smash Cadet
Since my super strong cousin has been playing with me, lvl9 foxes are just damn strong. And they even learned how to TEABAG. I hate this CPU learning thing

Johnny12

Smash Rookie
Since my super strong cousin has been playing with me, lvl9 foxes are just damn strong. And they even learned how to TEABAG. I hate this CPU learning thing
:fox: Fox is a really fast guy, and is quite effectively in stamina and sudden death. In normal brawl he deals pretty good damage fast but sometimes he is just preidctable and goes down easily. CPUs and unskilled fox players 1v1 can be taken down real fast.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Now for Ivysaur. It's a hard MU against a Snake who knows what he's doing. Remember that your Razor leaf can be used to detonate his grenades and substantially change the course of his remote missile. You don't want to get too close to him, he's wreck you with his F-tilt, but try to get close enough at which you can grab him without jeopardizing your chances of being hit by his F-tilt. You absolutely do NOT want to go off stage with Snake for he can wall you with his up-smash, I've encountered this problem with my ZSS against Snakes (assuming that both ZSS and Ivysaur have the same Up-special to recover). If Snake walls you, try waiting for the right moment to recover. If you think than you won't make it, then get hit by one of his up-smashes and recover immediately, thinking too much about the right moment might lead to an SD. I'd give this MU a +1.5 in favor of Snake. I'd suggest you pick King D3 against him.

Good luck in your matchups :)

HeroOfLegends32

Smash Rookie
I hate to fight Captain Falcon. I mean, if you don't play at the Shadow Moses stage, his final smash is an instant KO. But the Falcon Punch is awesome.... if you control it yourself. :)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I hate to fight Captain Falcon. I mean, if you don't play at the Shadow Moses stage, his final smash is an instant KO. But the Falcon Punch is awesome.... if you control it yourself. :)
Actually, Captain Falcon's final smash can be lived through DI in very low %. Plus, most final smashes will kill you pretty fast (if you were focused by it).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now for Ivysaur. It's a hard MU against a Snake who knows what he's doing. Remember that your Razor leaf can be used to detonate his grenades and substantially change the course of his remote missile. You don't want to get too close to him, he's wreck you with his F-tilt, but try to get close enough at which you can grab him without jeopardizing your chances of being hit by his F-tilt. You absolutely do NOT want to go off stage with Snake for he can wall you with his up-smash, I've encountered this problem with my ZSS against Snakes (assuming that both ZSS and Ivysaur have the same Up-special to recover). If Snake walls you, try waiting for the right moment to recover. If you think than you won't make it, then get hit by one of his up-smashes and recover immediately, thinking too much about the right moment might lead to an SD. I'd give this MU a +1.5 in favor of Snake. I'd suggest you pick King D3 against him.

Good luck in your matchups :)
Thanks for the advice again. :) And yes, I am well aware of the danger of getting knocked off the stage when using Ivysuar. (or any character who''s recovery move is a grapple move for that matter)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
olimar for obvious reasons and pikachu and ike because their constant c stick attacks
What "obvious reasons" of Olimar do you hate? Ike's C-sticks attacks (which are called smashes) are slow, which means you have time to shield/spotdodge it. Pikachu has very normal smashes as well, and his Down-smash can be DI-ed out of.
Toon Link, most of the time I struggle to beat him.
What characters do you play with that struggle against Toon Link? Assuming you're a metaknight main, you shouldn't have a problem against Toon Link, Metaknight is arguably Toon Link's worse matchup.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
demna... dude calm down mad guy. The whole point of this thread is to post the characters we don't like to fight. No need to justify why to you.
anyways.. the reason in hate fighting ike players is because its usually just some noob that plays ffa and spams c stick the whole match and gets random knockouts on unsuspecting people and then they think they are good... Pikachu's smash moves are just op and its hard to deal with that when combined with its b move and the fact that you should never get above it. Olimar is just annoying with those pikmin always flying at me.

Meta Knight X12

Smash Rookie
What "obvious reasons" of Olimar do you hate? Ike's C-sticks attacks (which are called smashes) are slow, which means you have time to shield/spotdodge it. Pikachu has very normal smashes as well, and his Down-smash can be DI-ed out of.

What characters do you play with that struggle against Toon Link? Assuming you're a metaknight main, you shouldn't have a problem against Toon Link, Metaknight is arguably Toon Link's worse matchup.
I actually lost a few times with Toon Link using Meta Knight but that's probably because I wasn't being strategic. I lost to him plenty of times using Peach and Falco, surprisingly I can beat Toon Link pretty well with Pikachu however.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
demna... dude calm down mad guy. The whole point of this thread is to post the characters we don't like to fight. No need to justify why to you.
I don't recall being furious :confused:, the whole point of this thread is to discuss who do you hate to fight and why, so people can help you out and ultimately make you better in dealing with the character you hate.
anyways.. the reason in hate fighting ike players is because its usually just some noob that plays ffa and spams c stick the whole match and gets random knockouts on unsuspecting people and then they think they are good... Pikachu's smash moves are just op and its hard to deal with that when combined with its b move and the fact that you should never get above it. Olimar is just annoying with those pikmin always flying at me.
Characters who surprisingly kill you with smash attacks can be any character from Ganondorf to Metaknight. Pikachu's smash moves are easy to deal with really, his forward smash has enough hitlagg to allow you to DI into a safe position to avoid blast zones. His down smash is ineffective if you DI it correctly, the last frames of the attack that has KO potential shouldn't hit you.
Regarding Olimar, Mew2king created a MU guide for Metaknight against Olimar, you can learn general information about Olimar and dealing with his Pikmin there.
Part 1: http://clashtournaments.com/?p=288
Part 2: http://clashtournaments.com/?p=332
I actually lost a few times with Toon Link using Meta Knight but that's probably because I wasn't being strategic. I lost to him plenty of times using Peach and Falco, surprisingly I can beat Toon Link pretty well with Pikachu however.
Remember that most of your moves have priority over TL's moves, F-tilt is really effective in that MU because it has range over any of TL's Smashes/tilts and is faster. If you have trouble closing in due to his projectiles, try closing in with Nado (since it's mostly unaffected by projectiles) or Run shield to grab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdc4WnJPMvg <--- This video is an example of the MU, pay close attention to the choices the Metaknight takes and how it effects the tides of the battle.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I hate fighting Sonic's mostly because, most players usually spam his attacks and his speed is just a nuisance being able to quickly get around the stage in under a second. I can handle these players most of the time, especially with my personal best range attacker, Lucas.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I hate fighting Sonic's mostly because, most players usually spam his attacks and his speed is just a nuisance being able to quickly get around the stage in under a second. I can handle these players most of the time, especially with my personal best range attacker, Lucas.
Assuming you're an Ike main. Try using your counter against Sonic's dash attack/Side-B attacks. Also, you might want to try your luck in charging a Forward Smash as sonic closes by via dash attack, Neutral B, or Side-B. It might actually hit Sonic as he's speeding in, worked in some cases :laugh:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I hate R.O.B.
He annoys me even when I win,he just has the power to annoy people.

Maple Hood

Smash Rookie
I really don't mind fighting anyone except for a ditto Ice Climber. Not only is it annoying to try to keep up with 4 people on the screen, but it's also really boring to watch. It usually just boils down to whoever can get rid of the other's partner first anyways.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I really don't mind fighting anyone except for a ditto Ice Climber. Not only is it annoying to try to keep up with 4 people on the screen, but it's also really boring to watch. It usually just boils down to whoever can get rid of the other's partner first anyways.
Try playing 4-players all Iceclimbers FFA :laugh:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Olimar and Wario. I hate Wario personality and Olimar is a freaking beast to play against at level 9. Lose EVERY time

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Olimar and Wario. I hate Wario personality and Olimar is a freaking beast to play against at level 9. Lose EVERY time
Olimar has a bad air game and can be gimped easily. Try to play him air-wise rather than land-wise. He is the best on-stage character after all ;)

Varg Foad

Smash Cadet
Link, very difficult to approach because of his arrows, bombs and boomerang. Especially when I play CF, who got 0 projectiles and weak approach options.

Bakura

Smash Rookie
As an Ike main, Marth. Most Marths can space much better than I can...

OTG Paladin

Smash Rookie
:wolf:- This character always give me problems whether it be random DSmash or FSmash.

:falco: - I get really bored when I fight this character. Since I main :marth:, It is pretty fun killing him at around 23-24 % :laugh:

:diddy:- I honestly don't know how anyone can have fun with this character. His bananas are too much to handle. I have to worry about multiple things on the screen at once and when I get hit by a rouge DSmash, A part of me dies on the inside.

:olimar: - Either get Fsmashed or grabbed. Pick your poison. :(

:metaknight: - So much of a chore to play againest.. It's weird though.. I don't mind him as much as I mind :diddy:.

:luigi2:- It's weird actually. He is my favorite character of all time and my main in Melee. But I can't stand him in this game. Everything about him is so...... annoying! His DownB in particular. :(

:popo: - The grab. Nuff said.

:sheik: - hated her since Melee. Still hate her now.

Top Bottom