• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I still hate Snake too... It's more to it than just frequent losses, and there's no way that I'm gonna be straying away from Pit (or Bowser, who's already bad as it is) in this game. I'm staying true, not having no other character or top tier as a secondary or any of that. My passion is with the 2 characters that I named; the rest I'm either terrible with and/or cannot be constant with, or just can't use well at all. As for the MUs, I used to do studying and observing back in the day on many MUs that of which others were either too lazy to discuss, didn't know, or were too jerky to tell me how it works, but I gave up on that project of mine 2 years ago, thinking that I'd retire. Now-a-days, I tried avoiding top tiers for months to learn lesser character MUs for the occasions, but it just didn't work, or I'm having troublesome habits and grudges.
Sigh, but what bad memories I've had of varying character troubles.
You can always discuss any Matchup you're unfamiliar with me, I'll try my best to help you out. You can always visit the Pit character discussion thread and ask experts any question you want regarding Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You can always discuss any Matchup you're unfamiliar with me, I'll try my best to help you out. You can always visit the Pit character discussion thread and ask experts any question you want regarding Pit.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I kinda abandoned the Pit boards a long time ago mainly because some were jerks while there were little to no MU discussions; just social and tourney-related stuff were active talk there now, not to mention some annoying non-Pit users appearing at times to make things worse. So for more than a year or 2, I had to hunt the information I needed myself, some still hard to get. I kinda became lazy recently because this game had been stressing me out and such.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Oh, I forgot to mention that I kinda abandoned the Pit boards a long time ago mainly because some were jerks while there were little to no MU discussions; just social and tourney-related stuff were active talk there now, not to mention some annoying non-Pit users appearing at times to make things worse. So for more than a year or 2, I had to hunt the information I needed myself, some still hard to get. I kinda became lazy recently because this game had been stressing me out and such.
It took an effort from myself to hunt down the information I have, I still am hunting. But if this really stresses you out, then don't pay attention to the competitive scene and just play for fun. Do whatever pleases you, don't force yourself into matters that you won't enjoy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It took an effort from myself to hunt down the information I have, I still am hunting. But if this really stresses you out, then don't pay attention to the competitive scene and just play for fun. Do whatever pleases you, don't force yourself into matters that you won't enjoy.
It's tough enough when you're restricted to wifi like me, always bashed by offline elitists and such, and having a bad temper. It's tough for me to have fun because of that same temper and partial competitive nature, but I'll try to relax. Not easy, but I can try.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
It's tough enough when you're restricted to wifi like me, always bashed by offline elitists and such, and having a bad temper. It's tough for me to have fun because of that same temper and partial competitive nature, but I'll try to relax. Not easy, but I can try.
At least you have Wifi, the Wifi where I live is terrible that it's literally unplayable. I only Brawl against no more than 7 people exactly. If that temper is causing you to suffer in competitive video gaming, I'd suggest you trying another activity that doesn't produce as much stress, anger, and frustration. However, assuming that you love Smash Bros. and video games, why not visit an anger manager? It does seriously help, even though your temper is no where near extreme. In conclusion, the final answer is within your hand.

Good luck.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least you have Wifi, the Wifi where I live is terrible that it's literally unplayable. I only Brawl against no more than 7 people exactly. If that temper is causing you to suffer in competitive video gaming, I'd suggest you trying another activity that doesn't produce as much stress, anger, and frustration. However, assuming that you love Smash Bros. and video games, why not visit an anger manager? It does seriously help, even though your temper is no where near extreme. In conclusion, the final answer is within your hand.

Good luck.
I wouldn't mind trying it out for a lag test if that's your concern. My temper's common now-a-days, and it's hard to relax, not even doing a manager thing. However, playing as Pit and a bit of Bowser is my passion, being 2 of my favorite characters as it is. We'll see what happens.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
:snake:Hate dealing with his absurd DACUS and jab attacks.
:wolf:Call me a sh***y player, but his side smash gets me more than it should.
:popo: It's not fun to chaingrab, it's DEFINITELY not fun to get chaingrabbed, and since I don't use them, that latter happens alot more.
:rob: He makes the list not because he's difficult or irritating, but because he's just boring. Boring to play as, and the only character I find to boring to even fight.
:ike: Even though he's one of my mains, and therefore I should know how to deal with him, I just can't get around his jab and recovery. F***
:toonlink: I prefer Link, and I suck with Toon Link, as fast characters are not my forte, so when I lose to a TL with Link, I feel like crap, because I know that everything Link can do, TL can do better...
:metaknight:Do I really need to go into detail?
:pikachu2:Camping abillity makes characters that lack projectiles wish they were never born. Down special makes aerial combat a no - no.
:zerosuitsamus: Great range makes fighting her a pain.
:peach: I've never faced a Peach who wasn't at least borderline pro.
:pit: Arrow spam, arrow spam, arrow spam.
:falco: One of the most irritating chaingrabs, spammy lazers that are difficult to get around.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Characters That I Hate To Fight:
:popo:: A Bad Character Because Of Infinite Chain Grab On Online!
:zelda:: Because Of That Annoying Grab She's Cheating Forever But I Love To Fight With Sheik
:pt:: Because Of That Stupid Moves And Changing Pokeballs!
:yoshi2:: An Annoying Character Because He Choke Chain Grabs On Online! He's Cheating He's Just CHEATING!
:gw: : A Badass Character Because He's Cheating A Whole Time! Spammer Pancakes! He's Just Bad He's Just BAD!
:pit:: Arrow Spam! Arrow Spam! ARROW SPAM!!!!
:peach:: Turnips Spam! Turnips Spam!! TURNIPS SPAM!!!
Simplified solutions:
:popo:: Don't get grabbed, separate both Ics and try gimping Nana.
:zelda:: Her grab has enough ending lag frames for you to punish after you spotdodge her grab.
:pt:: You can always punish the Pokemon that will switch into the battle (Usually with a Charges smash attack)

For the rest you just seem to say they're spam, so just pressure them and play aggressive. Try to powershield their projectiles as well.

:snake:Hate dealing with his absurd DACUS and jab attacks.
:wolf:Call me a sh***y player, but his side smash gets me more than it should.
:popo: It's not fun to chaingrab, it's DEFINITELY not fun to get chaingrabbed, and since I don't use them, that latter happens alot more.
:rob: He makes the list not because he's difficult or irritating, but because he's just boring. Boring to play as, and the only character I find to boring to even fight.
:ike: Even though he's one of my mains, and therefore I should know how to deal with him, I just can't get around his jab and recovery. F***
:toonlink: I prefer Link, and I suck with Toon Link, as fast characters are not my forte, so when I lose to a TL with Link, I feel like crap, because I know that everything Link can do, TL can do better...
:metaknight:Do I really need to go into detail?
:pikachu2:Camping abillity makes characters that lack projectiles wish they were never born. Down special makes aerial combat a no - no.
:zerosuitsamus: Great range makes fighting her a pain.
:peach: I've never faced a Peach who wasn't at least borderline pro.
:pit: Arrow spam, arrow spam, arrow spam.
:falco: One of the most irritating chaingrabs, spammy lazers that are difficult to get around.
:snake:: Try spacing him out and fight him offstage, his onstage fighting abilities are too strong.
:wolf:: Wolf's side smash can be punished via shield-grab (as I explained earlier above)
:ike:: If time correctly, you can edgehog quite easily.
:toonlink:: Pressure him, stick to him, don't let TL get his projectile game on.
:pikachu2:: Apply aggression, watch out for his down-special when you're near the death boundaries.
:zerosuitsamus:: Stick to ZSS and fight her at that point, she doesn't have many OoS options. Be wary of her Side B and down-smash, and make sure you DI her D-smash to Aerial (usually B-air) correctly.
:falco:: Try to play passive with Falco and space correctly so he doesn't chaingrab you. Once your ratio reached above 50-55%, you should play aggressive because Falco can't chaingrab you at that %.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
Simplified solutions:
:popo:: Don't get grabbed, separate both Ics and try gimping Nana.
:zelda:: Her grab has enough ending lag frames for you to punish after you spotdodge her grab.
:pt:: You can always punish the Pokemon that will switch into the battle (Usually with a Charges smash attack)

For the rest you just seem to say they're spam, so just pressure them and play aggressive. Try to powershield their projectiles as well.

:snake:: Try spacing him out and fight him offstage, his onstage fighting abilities are too strong.
:wolf:: Wolf's side smash can be punished via shield-grab (as I explained earlier above)
:ike:: If time correctly, you can edgehog quite easily.
:toonlink:: Pressure him, stick to him, don't let TL get his projectile game on.
:pikachu2:: Apply aggression, watch out for his down-special when you're near the death boundaries.
:zerosuitsamus:: Stick to ZSS and fight her at that point, she doesn't have many OoS options. Be wary of her Side B and down-smash, and make sure you DI her D-smash to Aerial (usually B-air) correctly.
:falco:: Try to play passive with Falco and space correctly so he doesn't chaingrab you. Once your ratio reached above 50-55%, you should play aggressive because Falco can't chaingrab you at that %.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Well, If i get stuck as one of the fire emblem duo, I hate playing against everyone.

But if i have to be specific it would be:kirby2:,:jigglypuff: or :samus2:, because all of my friends who play brawl really well pretty much main these characters. (one mains kirby, one mains Jigglypuff, and the last one mains Samus).

Well, let's just say, if I play against them, i get my *** handed to me.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, If i get stuck as one of the fire emblem duo, I hate playing against everyone.

But if i have to be specific it would be:kirby2:,:jigglypuff: or :samus2:, because all of my friends who play brawl really well pretty much main these characters. (one mains kirby, one mains Jigglypuff, and the last one mains Samus).

You get wrecked by Kirby, Puff, and Samus with Pit?

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
I hate playing against Diddy. I can't stand it. I'm not very good yet, so a good Diddy makes me actually lose all control of my logical thinking.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet

What The Hell Are You Talking About?

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
I hate playing against Diddy. I can't stand it. I'm not very good yet, so a good Diddy makes me actually lose all control of my logical thinking.
But Diddy Kong Is Funny, I Laugh Diddy Kong Named K40Z And I Laugh At Diddy Kong So Much!

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924

For double posting.

You need to calm down buddy, or else you won't survive long in there.

D

Deleted member

For double posting.

You need to calm down buddy, or else you won't survive long in there.

lol, you could have just kept to yourself, but you announce it to the thread, like anyone cares man.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Well, it's not that I suck (I am pretty good with pit), but my friends are like robots when they play smash bros.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
It's a thread about characters you hate scotch98.
Not a thread about who floods it the most.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When was that?
Some 13 year old joined the boards just a few days ago and got banned just a few days after. (I think he was banned 2 days ago)

If you don't know what he's like, he would sometimes post like 5 times in a row, ignored punctuation and spelling, and bugged random people all the time for friend codes. At one point he even said he was trying to sound as harsh as possible.

So...good thing he's gone.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
I Love To Fight :diddy: Because He's Very Funny! He Can DACUS And BDACUS And Throw A Funny Banana Peel And I Laugh At :diddy: So Much!

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Can't stand to fight Fox, Falco, or Wolf. My brother is a beast with all three, but I can beat any other fighter (most the time).

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Probably Snake, as a Lucas main I only had trouble with him dude to grab releases, Marth never gave me any trouble though.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
With CF, Samus, Zelda (not Sheik, Zelda) and Lucas, somehow Lucas always Usmashes me. Zelda constantly uses Din's Fire. And Samus shoots me :(. With Kirby, Ike, Zelda and anyone else who is hard to Kirbycide.

link2702

Smash Champion
grab someone in midair offstage with wario's bite attack, both you and them fall to your doom if their damage is high enough to stay stuck in the bite long enough....not as easy as kirby or king ddd's but still very much possible.

Great as a insult kill when the opponent is trying to recover and you're a stock(or two...) ahead of em.

Top Bottom