• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Reach_Out_12

Smash Rookie
Well Metaknight is obligatory.

I'm gonna have to go with Sonic otherwise. I don't know what it is about him- the absolute second I start fighting a good Sonic it's like I lose my ability to shield.

Ike can also be annoying, simply because of his damn AAA combo. I haven't played FalconvIke for a while, but I remember it being nightmareish to get in on Ike sometimes.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I don't "hate" playing against a specific character, but it really depends on WHO'S playing it.

I mean, there are REALLY good MK players at my school, and I can destroy them as Sonic, who apparently fails in the tiers section (D? Really?). However, when you have a glitcher, spammer, staller, etc, then it gets annoying.

So, it's not the characters I hate, it's the players that I strongly dislike.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I don't "hate" playing against a specific character, but it really depends on WHO'S playing it.

I mean, there are REALLY good MK players at my school, and I can destroy them as Sonic, who apparently fails in the tiers section (D? Really?). However, when you have a glitcher, spammer, staller, etc, then it gets annoying.

So, it's not the characters I hate, it's the players that I strongly dislike.
yeah, i dislike meta knight...hey that rhymed

JOE!

Smash Hero
Friggen kirby because I always fall prey to that Fsmash and grab combo shenannigans

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
I agree that it's more who's playing and the style they use. That said, I hate playing against Zelda in WiFi matches. I always enconter players who just want to stand around and do nothing but run and hide until they can snipe a kill off of someone with Din's Fire.

I also dislike fighting against the character I happen to be using in the match.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I agree that it's more who's playing and the style they use. That said, I hate playing against Zelda in WiFi matches. I always enconter players who just want to stand around and do nothing but run and hide until they can snipe a kill off of someone with Din's Fire.

I also dislike fighting against the character I happen to be using in the match.
well, dittos are annoying if they are more skilled with the character than you, or some times it´s an adventage if you´re more skilled than whoever is ditting you (is ditting a word?)

Mike2

Smash Ace
I used to hate fighting Olimar but I feel neutral about it now.

Right now I hate fight DDD. It's such a boring matchup.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting Sonic the most. He's so ridiculously fast that if you mess up your timing just a bit, he can hit you. He also has his annoying B move and his ridiculous recovery, which basically means he can run and jump all over the stage in a matter of frames.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
my new "character that i hate to face" is pit, damn spammer...olimar players not longer represents a problem since i learned how to spam CF Bair and how to combo CF aerials with tilts.

Igni3

Smash Rookie
I play Balanced Brawl, so I play to fight against Pit when I'm with Marth, it's very hard, because mostly people who use Pit are spammers, and Pit can do easily % (I dunno if in Standard Brawl too).

I hate to fight against Ike when I'm with Snake too!

I'm in the cypher, it is that slow, and Ike is waiting me with F-Smash, that sucks!

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I play Balanced Brawl, so I play to fight against Pit when I'm with Marth, it's very hard, because mostly people who use Pit are spammers, and Pit can do easily % (I dunno if in Standard Brawl too).

I hate to fight against Ike when I'm with Snake too!

I'm in the cypher, it is that slow, and Ike is waiting me with F-Smash, that sucks!
well if you think fighting ike players with snake is hard then don´t try (good) captain falcon players, i was used to be a snake player but since snake is slow at almost everything i mostly got knee of justice´d to oblivion

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
well if you think fighting ike players with snake is hard then don´t try (good) captain falcon players, i was used to be a snake player but since snake is slow at almost everything i mostly got knee of justice´d to oblivion
Hey man, i'd take a knee over ikes F-smash anyday!

When you get a helping of justice from falcons f-air you get an overwhelming sense of respect and manlieness.

When you get hit by Ike's f-smash ya just feel like a scrub. :I

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Hey man, i'd take a knee over ikes F-smash anyday!

When you get a helping of justice from falcons f-air you get an overwhelming sense of respect and manlieness.

When you get hit by Ike's f-smash ya just feel like a scrub. :I
f***ing right, i use to aerial facon kick ike players while they charge the fsmash but sometimes they are just faster and WHAM i has to DI to save my *ss , seriously what kind of sword is that ragnell? i don´t recall it being so strong back in fire emblem path of radiance

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I also hate fighting Snakes. Always a nukefest. I dodge all of that cr*p and I end up getting killed by a stupid side tilt(it ends up tripping you for the first hit and ensures the second one is a winner). It's not fun.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Diddy without a doubt. Especially when they keep going bannana -> Fsmash -> Uair

0_0

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Wario, DDD and G/W whenever fight them online or as a computer they just give me a hell of a time. Wario and DDD like to get cocky with grabs whenever I fight them and they usually try to spam the down grab

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Any character that isn't top tier. They feel like a chore with my Ganondorf, so my sandbagging gets me killed by the funniest ****. I want a ****ing challenge damn it.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
Ganondorf. He's impossible to beat
Being a former Ganondorf main, I can say that that is entirely untrue. It's actually very hard to win as Ganondorf. What about him do you have trouble with?

For me, there are a few characters that I really hate to fight, but the one that takes the cake would probably be Ice Climbers. Their ice cubes spamming, and freezie mist thing are irritating, and the rest of their attacks seem pretty well rounded too. It's always a challenging matchup for me, especially if I'm using someone who doesn't have a projectile.

I don't know anyone who uses Meta Knight, or Diddy Kong though. I'm sure they'd beat Ice Climbers.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Snake mostly he just keeps me at bay with his bombs tilts,etc and I always get nervous and make more mistakes no matter who I play as I guess it mostly a confidence problem though because I can beat him pretty well when I'm sure against him. MK Diddy are annoying too, but not like snake I can at least deal with them alright.

TheMarioFinale1.0

Smash Cadet
I have to agree I hate going up against Olimar he hogs the Smash Ball I also hate other people like Wario that hog the Smash Ball even though the characters themselves are horrible they are just a nuisance no real threat though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lucas, Luigi, and Peach.

I just can never seem to do well against them. lol