• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Vaanii26

Smash Rookie
Wolf is the most annoying because his smash attack are so fast and it nearly impossible to punish when people spam them.

Fools Requiem

Smash Cadet
I don't like Ike players who camp and use those smash attacks that have massive range whenever you get close. Lucas doesn't deal with campers well.

I don't recall what CPU characters I hated fighting in Brawl. I can say I don't like Fox, Falco, or Luigi in Melee, and Pikachu in 64.

Specs45

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0115-4460
Luigi in melee. Despite that fact that I use Luigi in melee as well his misfire can be quite troublesome especially when you least expect it.

Olimar in brawl, practically fighting the pikmin off before you get to him and then get knocked back to have to fight your way to him again.

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
Other than Meta Knight ? I'd say Ike & Pikachu its so annoying I hate fighting both of them. T_T

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong. It's like a completely different game with him, I don't want to learn banana techs and **** just to play vs him :( I also don't like his character design (in general I don't like Rare's character designs for their animal characters) and his combos/attacks are very repetitive. He also has multi-hit attacks which does more psychological damage to me.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
I have a serious issue with Toon Link in brawl. My brother spams his down air to obnoxious levels, and he seems to take a seriously reduced amount of damage from my attacks. What is with this little guy?

ChaosNeo45

Smash Rookie
I have a serious issue with Toon Link in brawl. My brother spams his down air to obnoxious levels, and he seems to take a seriously reduced amount of damage from my attacks. What is with this little guy?
I can't stand his projectile snap and his annoying Up smash.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
If I can list more than 1, I'll list mine, from least to most

4. Falco
3. Wolf
2. Fox
1. Olimar

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The space furries are annoying. I hope the rumors about them (or well, at least Fox) getting nerfed are true.

Dragonhunter970

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dragonhunter970
3DS FC
3368-2516-8545
this thread is to let out all of your hate to some character that you hate to fight against, note that you must comment about which character you hate to fight, not the player that use him/her/it and why you hate it, example:

I hate to fight Olimar, his neutral air is just serious bussiness, and those stupidly strong pikmins just make it worse.

note that i loved the pikmin games, so COME ON let out all of your rage towards a character that piss you off! :mad:
I agree but I so hate fighting Peach to , because everyone I know slams her side special

D

Deleted member

Wario... I have a certain hatred for fighting him in all Smash games now...

Anaudus

Smash Rookie
Definitely Pit in my case. Not really sure why I hate him so much. I think his D-air is ****ing stupid and the N-Special is just irritating if you're not playing a space animal.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I hate fighting Zelda. She's a bad character and people who play her should feel bad.

Why? Every Zelda I've fought, both cpu and human players, just run away the entire match. No fighting, no stalling, just running. Sometimes they throw out a Din's fire, but that's easy to dodge. At least Metakinght players have a solid strategy to stay in the game! Zelda just delays her unavoidable demise.

Edit: I over exaggerated a bit for the sake of humor. Zelda is an okay character, but isn't interesting to fight because she lacks reliable offensive options.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Olimar for sure. Doesn't help one of my most skilled friends was a beast with him and racking on damage and having a small hurtbox can be a pain.

I also wasn't keep on fighting the Ice Climbers, ever. As much as I welcomed their inclusion on the Smash roster, I have to admit that I personally didn't enjoy fighting them, ever. Not in Melee and not in Brawl.

Also Diddy Kong for the same reason Heroine of Winds mentioned. He didn't get better in 4...

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight is just a pain to fight since just leaving the stage means olimar dies.
Tlink as well, long matches and dsmash gimps :(

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
BUMP.

Yoshi/Luigi are my most hated characters to fight against. It might be because they're green. :3c It's actually because I have no idea of how I have to kill Yoshi and Luigi's too tricky and floaty lmao

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Wario, Olimar, Mr. Game and Watch. 3 broken characters...
I love going against Meta Knight. He's a challenge and is cool enough to deserve his place at the top of the tier list. Go Meta Knight!

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Zelda, ultra annoying voice, and Pit, very good recovery moves. Also ike, but only if he is controlled by Rodrixairon(my friend, currently he only plays LoL) , the cpu doesn't know how to control him(because ike in brawl is too much broken)

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Zelda, ultra annoying voice, and Pit, very good recovery moves. Also ike, but only if he is controlled by Rodrixairon(my friend, currently he only plays LoL) , the cpu doesn't know how to control him(because ike in brawl is too much broken)
By the look of things you just aren't that good. Ike is not broken. His moves are slow but powerful, and you should be able to punish them if you know how to shield and dodge. I hate fighting Zelda as well, but which character do you normally play as? Because you should be able to attack Pit while he is using his recovery move to knock him out of his Wings of Icarus and he will fall to his doom.
Unless he's camping under the stage.

Top Bottom