• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Ironically, I hate to fight Yoshi. Even though I have a pretty good grasp on how he fights considering I use him almost exclusively, I get thrown off really easily by his egg lays and grabs. Also I just feel bad hitting the poor dino.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Personally, I hate Pikachu - especially if I am using Jigglypuff. I have very little good options against a stalwart, projectile-dependent Pikachu. A jigglypuff will also get killed at ~70% with any strong smash or thunder... I hate it.
Wtf do you think you're doing, straying off like that?!
Join our superior Jigglypuff boards!
Like this, we can chat about how Jigglypuff will never get into competitive play!

Dott

Smash Ace
Definitely hate to fight R.O.B., just can't get close to him and the toy he throw is annoying.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
Ironically, I hate to fight Yoshi. Even though I have a pretty good grasp on how he fights considering I use him almost exclusively, I get thrown off really easily by his egg lays and grabs. Also I just feel bad hitting the poor dino.
I Hate Fighting Yoshi Too

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
I hate fighting -

Meta Knight - Self explanatory.
Ice Climbers - I have a tough time separating them, and avoiding their grabs.

Olimar - I just can't get close enough without getting bombarded by his Pikmin.

Snake - It feels like it takes ages to knock him out... and of course his projectiles are annoying.

RealStarYoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-3367-9091
I hate fighting Ness, Lucas, and Meta-Knight!

For some reason, I can't seem to get a good grip on fighting those Earthbound characters, and do I even NEED to explain why I hate Meta-Knight so much!?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I hate fighting the Space Animals; Fox, Falco, Wolf. There's something about them. They can harass you with extremely quick special attacks and their movement & attack speed is a real piss-off especially at high damage. Not to mention each one of their blasters is used for a different approach: Fox keeps his distance and racks up damage on you that would put a Lip Stick to shame, Falco's is much slower, but it has a tad bit of knockback and juggling potential, Wolf's just whips his pistol as he closes in on you.

Argentic

Smash Cadet
IC's (Only when the opponent can do chain grabs)
Zero Suit Samus, I really, really hate when my opponent attacks me with the pieces of her armor.
Zelda (I hate her f-smash, side-b, uair, fair and bair), Pit (his f-smash, arrows, side-b, arrows and... yeah!, arrows)
Toon Link, Diddy Kong and Snake are the most annoying characters in the Smash series.
Finally, Olimar and Lucas, they are too fast and extremely strong.

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu always makes me mad. It doesn't matter if I win or not because I just despise fighting the annoying little rat.

Singe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Characters I do not enjoy fighting are Ice Climbers and Falco due to their chain grabs and swiftness against Mario. There are few ways to approach them, and even if done successfully, they are difficult to grab onto or punish with due to Mario's attacks being too slow to hit them, effective spot-dodging, or they have a larger grab range. For Ice Climbers, Mario's b-air is the safest way to attack them while being in the air, with the second option as d-air along with a footstool on one of them (this ensures they never have a chance to grab if they shielded well). Fireballs can go at any point while attempting attacks. For Falco, the choices are far more limited because his grab and spot dodge outmatch Mario's abilities. The safest move against approaching Falco would be using Fireballs and a well timed b-air, as long as both players are moving in the opposite direction (Mario has to get away from Falco ASAP after the attack). Mario's Tornado is not effective against Falco since his grab is too quick after being hit, allowing him to do a chain grab or other punishments. Fireballs can still be deadly when approaching due to Falco's Shine, which also has a high chance of Mario slipping if timed correctly. Meta-Knight is not as difficult due to Mario's out-of-shield options and b-air, but undoubtedly it is still a challenge to fight against, although there are a few instant-kill techniques against Meta-Knight that give Mario some advantage.

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
Luigi.

Not for the fact he's OP or anything like that. It's his taunts. There's this weird smugness to each one of them. Almost as if he's saying "really that's it? I'd have more fun planking than fighting you." That being said there is nothing more satisfying than using his taunts on other people.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Luigi, because of his senseless unpredictability at times. Also, his unchanging, condescending, benign indifference to whomever he fights is damn annoying!

Jackson

Smash Lord
I hate fighting Olimar. I feel like I can't approach him on the ground at all, with him flinging Pikmin at me. I know Marth has a good matchup, apparently- maybe I'm just not good enough as Marth, hehe.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Pika, Falco, Marth, Olimar, MK, and for some reason, Jiggly. >.>

On Ness, my secondary, I hate everyone except for the really low tier ones. :c Except Diddy. Diddy CPUs are horrible at playing, for some strange reason.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Snake, because I main Marth he always leads me in with his projectiles and then smashes or combos me.

Jsyk

Smash Rookie
Most of my friends that are primarily are Brawl players (I'm more of a Melee person) are kinda lazy to say the least, and rely upon camping strategies. Not only is this boring, but Brawl kinda encourages it, which is something I hate in a fighting game. If you're a good player though, you CAN get around it.
I find Ike annoying to play against because of this. Being hit by consistent jabs and sideB's is annoying because not only is it boring, but it also shouldn't happen. After barely scraping through with my Marth, I proceeded to play again with Ice Climbers which resulted in a 3-stock of my friend's Ike. He was slightly bewildered by how good the IC's grab game is, and also the fact that he got beaten by a pair of cute n' puffy ******'s.
Brawl is still a sexy game though <3

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to hate on me.
I can't beat my friends Ike, I play marth or falco I just beat on him for a while and he hits a few moves and it's all over.
Is there a hard counter pick to Ike some one with projectiles or something.
I'm very average at this game but I can put in the hard practice on any character.
Thanks

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Ice climbers. Mainly because when they attack in two its a double threat. And their grab. Need I say more?

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Actually, MK on Lvl. 9 is easy to beat.

The Ice Climbers are formidable, though.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
In my experience, for the most part, Snake, Wario and maybe Luigi. I absolutely HATE Snake's tilts, and also Wario's overall movement and attacks.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I hate it how sometimes when my friends play computers, I set the computer to level 9 meta knight and then I remember that computer sucks compared to other computers

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
If you're everyone I ever played against it's Jigglypuff. Everyone hates my Jigglypuff. They threaten to use Meta Knight if I use Jigglypuff. They have banned me at times from using her. And even when she went from top tear in Melee to bottom tier in Brawl she is still equally hated.

Top Bottom