• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
:ike:!!!! The crowd seems to love him (we like :ikebrawl:) but I certainly don't.
please dear god don't tell me you're one of the folks who still thinks he's op'd *facepalm*

tell me its cuz you just don't like the character himself, don't tell me you're actually getting hit consistently by his slow smashes and quick draw this late in brawl's life cycle...

Gamedrunks

Smash Rookie
metaknight, olimar, and lucas mainly. My friend plays a mean lucas and its really annoying lol

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
For me it's Rob. I hate his tilts especially down when you try to approach him, it just annoys me more than anything.

Y

Yodery

Ice Climbers.

**** around the other side of the stage all day.

That.

Vashimus

Smash Master
please dear god don't tell me you're one of the folks who still thinks he's op'd *facepalm*

tell me its cuz you just don't like the character himself, don't tell me you're actually getting hit consistently by his slow smashes and quick draw this late in brawl's life cycle...
Dude, if he hates fighting the character, that's that. He never said anything about being OP. :glare:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
Dude, if he hates fighting the character, that's that. He never said anything about being OP. :glare:

can't help it.

9 times out of 10 anyone wwho seems to absolutely hate ike/hate fighting em, always tend to still be in the mindset that he's "op'd"

Considering that its now 2013, it should be common knowledge by now that Ike is far from being op'd, and is mediocre at best.

thats why i said pretty clearly, I really really hope he hated the character of Ike himself(whether its fire emblem or smash), and not because he's still struggling facing the character In game.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
It depends on who you fight, some players just camp or mash buttons in turn making you hate every character.

:phone:
not really, if someone's mashing buttons or camping with a character that seriously doesn't excel at camping at all(or in the case of mashing buttons, just pretty much any character they play) they tend to play extremely bad, and are easy as hell to beat.

I love finding the ike noobs for instance in basic brawl, all they do is mash buttons frantically like maniacs and end up being so easy to slaughter, nothing provides a better satisfaction IMO than seeing an Ike noob who thinks he's op'd, and mashes buttons like a fool, only to get slaughtered in the process

Now of course if someone *IS* playing a character that is great at camping, and KNOWS how to camp effectively, THEN YES they can be extremely annoying, a falco who knows what he's doing can be a royal pain in the *** to fight.

but as far as mashing buttons go? nah, sorry those players are so easy to slaughter that i love running into em. :awesome:

Spanky-Joe

Smash Cadet
Hey, I play as Ike and I don't mash buttons. I can slaughter most of my friends with him, proving not every Ike player does that. I do agree about falco though...

chriscapnz

Smash Apprentice
im a wolf main, so i hate ddd wairo's and pikachus. But i really hate lucario's for some reason, and really hate olimar, pikmin are the most annoying things to deal with.

Spanky-Joe

Smash Cadet
At least the pikmin don't just launch you, most of the time you don't even flinch, exception of purple pikmin

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Marth. If you want to know why, try playing Ness/Lucas against a good marth and then telling me he doesn't out-range me, out prioritize me, is faster than me, CG me, edge-guard me, kill me, OHHH WHY WAS THIS CHARACTER PUT IN TO SMASH!?!?!?

G

Ghooru

I cant stand fighting someone who's good with Ness, especially if I am Pikachu

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
B spamming MK. I can easily shield it, but THE NOISE.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
As a Link main, unfortunately most characters are a challenge to fight. Most noteable would be MK, Peach, Pikachu, Olimar, Sonic, and the chaingrabbers, DDD and IC's. I HATE Fighting Peach, and the fact that DDD effortlessly 4 stocks me is much worse.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why do people hate Peach? Is it the great combogame or the shieldpressure? Or are you having trouble dealing with dair? Or is it just generally dumb?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Pikachu, ICs and Marth are some of my least favorite match-ups.

Who takes the cake though? Olimar by a long shot, least favorite match-up and always will be.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Olimar and R.O.B.

They are really annoying to fight against.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Why do people hate Peach? Is it the great combogame or the shieldpressure? Or are you having trouble dealing with dair? Or is it just generally dumb?
I generally have trouble with the turnips, gimps, and the speed of Peach. As Link, I can counter the Turnips, but they always catch me off guard. And of course, Link gets gimped by everyone. Dair is a bit annoying, but I can usually punish it.
I also hate the thought that Peach can easily destroy Link.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong. Oh how I hate him. A good Wolf player can be hard to beat. ZSS is annoying as heck. Oh and Wario.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
It's been a long time since I fought Wolf, as between my friends and I it just became clear that I thought it wasn't good sportsmanship, but uh, Wolf was really annoying back in the day. His fsmash had just enough range to account for most of my aerial pokes, and playing stuck to the floor was very uncomfortable for me. But eventually I got over it, as anyone should, but then no one wanted to play as him anymore.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I'm back again.

I hate fighting Meta Knight. He's very hard to approach, and you need to be very careful with him. Wi-Fi also might be a reason why I might hate him so much.

I also hate Olimar. I can just never approach him. His grab is so annoying. :c

I kinda hate fightinh peach too...dat air game. @_@

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
Of course Meta Knight. He is gay but okay with Marth.

Who I really hate is Pit. If he gets me above him I am done.
It's so hard to do something against his uair with Marth.

YoshiDragon128

Smash Rookie
The only players I REALLY HATE FIGHTING Are Pit, MK, Diddy, Wolf, Ganondorf & Olimar stupid spam characters -_-

Top Bottom