Which Byleth Alt Color Will You Choose?

Which Byleth costume will you mainly use?

• Total voters

Garteam

Smash Lord
NNID
Garteam
Byleth's colours in general look really great. They've easily got the best DLC alts after Hero. My only complaint is how similar colours 7 and 8 look to the defaults (perhaps there could be some white, both as a reference to the Enlightened One class and to differentiate them more?).

I'm definitely going with my boy Claude's alt though, I'm a sucker for yellow.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I’m usually boring with costumes and pick the default one, and I think I probably will for Byleth too! I like the male design better, so I plan to use his default look. But of course, I’ll mix it up with the other ones sometimes!

Also, I notice that the opening post is using screenshots of the presentation, so here are all of the actual renders!

Neverx

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Alt 4 and 6 for me. But I might do the Dimitri and spoiler hair colors as well, honestly all of Byleth's alts look really nice.

3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
No idea yet... don't exactly have a favorite house leader. I love them all and hold Sothis at the same level. I guess I'd choose default female since that's what I use for Robin and Corrin... might as well make it the same for all the "Avatar Characters"

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Premium
I don’t really like hair changing alts on characters unless it makes sense, so I’ll be sticking with switching between the default Male Byleth and Fused Byleth alts.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I really don't like how fused Byleth is a palette instead of a taunt, or part of their moveset.

It feels like you're just asking for somebody to mix up player 1 with player 7 or player 2 with player 8 in an 8-player match. Sure, most of us don't play those, but still. There's no difference between the two except Byleth's head, which can easily become hard to see.

Plus, that means no Jeralt color and that's really dumb. Still, I like the look of fused Byleth the most.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Premium
I really don't like how fused Byleth is a palette instead of a taunt, or part of their moveset.

It feels like you're just asking for somebody to mix up player 1 with player 7 or player 2 with player 8 in an 8-player match. Sure, most of us don't play those, but still. There's no difference between the two except Byleth's head, which can easily become hard to see.

Plus, that means no Jeralt color and that's really dumb. Still, I like the look of fused Byleth the most.
I would've preferred if the Enlightened One outfit was part of their alts, but that would've been spoilers, I guess.

Then again, Smash seemingly doesn't have any problems with spoiling seeing as they did that with one of the Dragon Quest spirits. I'm sure there's more examples like that too.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I would've preferred if the Enlightened One outfit was part of their alts, but that would've been spoilers, I guess.

Then again, Smash seemingly doesn't have any problems with spoiling seeing as they did that with one of the Dragon Quest spirits. I'm sure there's more examples like that too.
During the direct Sakurai mentioned Rhea was in the opening cutscene of fe3h which is a pretty mighty spoiler

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Hero
6 is my favorite for sure, and the render's colors look sooo good. 8 my second fave (green hair also :p)
I like default female too tho. Will use all 3 :)

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Really good alts in general, so it's pretty hard to choose, but I think alt 7 for me. I really like male Byleth's outfit, and the soft green is so nice. :)

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
NNID
blahara
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Fused Male. I like to use canon costumes most of the time, and I just like the divine glowy hair over the bluish default. Wish Rhea got a costume instead of Sothis, but they are all good choices.

LoZ00

Smash Apprentice
I usually only pick canon alts, if I like them more than the default costume. For example, I like the pink Inkling, the fifth Villager costume, and the second Isabelle costume.
For Byleth, I think I’m choosing Alt. 7, since I picked the male one and I like the lighter colored hair. Although I may be switching to the female Byleth just because she looks pretty.

Sari

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
To answer my own question, definitely gonna switch between the Dimitri and Edie alts.

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
I'll probably be using Female Fused. Maybe Claude, Sothis, or default Male every once in a while. I just think all of them look so good.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Premium
Writing Team
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
NNID
staindgrey
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Either Edelgard or Super Saiyan female.

Ben Holt

Smash Champion
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Spoiler Male.
I always pick black alts.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
NNID
Sashaloo
Pretty much any female Byleth alt, though it's a toss up between the ones based on Edelgard and Sothis. I'm not really a fan of male Byleth because his serious expression and demeanor just aren't appealing to me; meanwhile, his lovely counterpart just looks so damn happy to be in Smash.

If I did use male Byleth, it would probably be the ones based on Dimitri and Claude. I think the Dimitri colors look fantastic on him, which is hilarious because I actually dislike Dimitri.

3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
NNID
LordViper
Sothis alt, though I did wanted her actual outfit to be in the game but I can understand why it’s not. At least it’s in Three Houses.

Top Bottom