• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Byleth Alt Color Will You Choose?

Which Byleth costume will you mainly use?

• Total voters

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Byleth's Costumes:

Which House Costume will you choose?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's gotta be 8 for me! That outfit and Fbyleth in general means a lot to me. I don't normally pick alt colors but I really do love that one, though I may go for blue hair Fbyleth at times too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As usual, I’ll stick to their default though I can see myself using their fused selves too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm stickin' with the Edelgard and Sothis themed colors.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Byleth's colours in general look really great. They've easily got the best DLC alts after Hero. My only complaint is how similar colours 7 and 8 look to the defaults (perhaps there could be some white, both as a reference to the Enlightened One class and to differentiate them more?).

I'm definitely going with my boy Claude's alt though, I'm a sucker for yellow.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I’m usually boring with costumes and pick the default one, and I think I probably will for Byleth too! I like the male design better, so I plan to use his default look. But of course, I’ll mix it up with the other ones sometimes!

Also, I notice that the opening post is using screenshots of the presentation, so here are all of the actual renders!

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Alt 4 and 6 for me. But I might do the Dimitri and spoiler hair colors as well, honestly all of Byleth's alts look really nice.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
No idea yet... don't exactly have a favorite house leader. I love them all and hold Sothis at the same level. I guess I'd choose default female since that's what I use for Robin and Corrin... might as well make it the same for all the "Avatar Characters"

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don’t really like hair changing alts on characters unless it makes sense, so I’ll be sticking with switching between the default Male Byleth and Fused Byleth alts.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I really don't like how fused Byleth is a palette instead of a taunt, or part of their moveset.

It feels like you're just asking for somebody to mix up player 1 with player 7 or player 2 with player 8 in an 8-player match. Sure, most of us don't play those, but still. There's no difference between the two except Byleth's head, which can easily become hard to see.

Plus, that means no Jeralt color and that's really dumb. Still, I like the look of fused Byleth the most.

thecursedside

Smash Rookie
I'll be using alts 6 and 8, for those greens are really nice. Honestly though, all of Byleth's alts are great, and they're some of the best in the game for me.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I really don't like how fused Byleth is a palette instead of a taunt, or part of their moveset.

It feels like you're just asking for somebody to mix up player 1 with player 7 or player 2 with player 8 in an 8-player match. Sure, most of us don't play those, but still. There's no difference between the two except Byleth's head, which can easily become hard to see.

Plus, that means no Jeralt color and that's really dumb. Still, I like the look of fused Byleth the most.
I would've preferred if the Enlightened One outfit was part of their alts, but that would've been spoilers, I guess.

Then again, Smash seemingly doesn't have any problems with spoiling seeing as they did that with one of the Dragon Quest spirits. I'm sure there's more examples like that too.

D

Deleted member

All of the female variants, mainly the default and fused ones. :kirby:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I would've preferred if the Enlightened One outfit was part of their alts, but that would've been spoilers, I guess.

Then again, Smash seemingly doesn't have any problems with spoiling seeing as they did that with one of the Dragon Quest spirits. I'm sure there's more examples like that too.
During the direct Sakurai mentioned Rhea was in the opening cutscene of fe3h which is a pretty mighty spoiler

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
6 is my favorite for sure, and the render's colors look sooo good. 8 my second fave (green hair also :p)
I like default female too tho. Will use all 3 :)

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
I'm legit soo hyped! Edelgard was one of the bigger characters i wanted and we basically got her in what with the alt and axe in moveset! so stoked for her to drop!

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Really good alts in general, so it's pretty hard to choose, but I think alt 7 for me. I really like male Byleth's outfit, and the soft green is so nice. :)

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Fused Male. I like to use canon costumes most of the time, and I just like the divine glowy hair over the bluish default. Wish Rhea got a costume instead of Sothis, but they are all good choices.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I usually only pick canon alts, if I like them more than the default costume. For example, I like the pink Inkling, the fifth Villager costume, and the second Isabelle costume.
For Byleth, I think I’m choosing Alt. 7, since I picked the male one and I like the lighter colored hair. Although I may be switching to the female Byleth just because she looks pretty.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
To answer my own question, definitely gonna switch between the Dimitri and Edie alts.

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
I'll probably be using Female Fused. Maybe Claude, Sothis, or default Male every once in a while. I just think all of them look so good.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like how the votes are pretty spread out. lots of varied preferences.
More Edelguard, but I think that makes sense :p

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Edelgard and Dimitri for me. Depending on whether I use male of female Byleth

Firox

Smash Master
Edelgard, hands down. That red and black combo is fire.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dimitri for male and a tie between default and Sothis for female, although I also think the Edelgard color is amazing.

Byleth has fantastic alts in general, really.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Edie > Dimitri > Claude > Sothis > female fused > female default > male fused > default male for my order of preference.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the Dimitri one whenever I specifically choose the character. Really love blue and yellow colors together.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Either Edelgard or Super Saiyan female.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Spoiler Male.
I always pick black alts.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering I'm literally the owner of the Dimitri thread...

Dimitri Byleth.jpg

I WALK THE TRUE PATH OF JUSTICE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Definitely the Dimitri alt as Dimitri is my favorite House leader plus I really like how the Dimitri alt looks the colors really translated well onto Byleth. Dimitri win.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Pretty much any female Byleth alt, though it's a toss up between the ones based on Edelgard and Sothis. I'm not really a fan of male Byleth because his serious expression and demeanor just aren't appealing to me; meanwhile, his lovely counterpart just looks so damn happy to be in Smash.

If I did use male Byleth, it would probably be the ones based on Dimitri and Claude. I think the Dimitri colors look fantastic on him, which is hilarious because I actually dislike Dimitri.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sothis alt, though I did wanted her actual outfit to be in the game but I can understand why it’s not. At least it’s in Three Houses.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Dimitri for Male and Sothis for Female. But will most likely use Dimitri more.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
They're all really strong but Edelgard Byleth hits me in all the right places.

Top Bottom