• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which aerial move should I use for Falco's recovery?

AH-86

Smash Cadet
Well, If you are familiar with smash boards there is a thread proving that aerials help to not get KO'ed so fast? Which one is the best for Falco, horizontally and vertically?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Off the side Nair is the best choice since it ends faster, but Bair will work and is easy to Cstick, and as soon as the move ends you need to be DI'ing towards the stage and jump (jump towards the stage)
off the top you want to DI to the sides and use Dair with Cstick (this was something like Smash DI downward during an attack will stop you from flying as high (Cstick downwards automatically inputs 1 input of smash DI as long as you aren't holding down on the analog stick))

AH-86

Smash Cadet
So, let me see if i get this straight, When Im sent flying to the sides, I use Bair (C-stick), and the joystick aiming towards the stage, and when sent vertically the same, but aiming downwards?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I think the bair is the most effective, since the uair/dair won't change your momentum as much. I'm really new to falco tho, so I can't say for sure.

J4pu

Smash Champion
for when you are sent to the side you want to DI (up and) towards the stage and use falco's aerial that ends fastest so you can jump asap
when you are sent up, you want to DI to a side and Cstick Dair because it has some strange effect on how high you are sent.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if it's bair or uair that has the least lag. Most likely bair. The knockback given by the aerial does not matter when used for recovery, only how fast the move is. The fastest move should be used. So in the case of falco's bair, use bair+towards the stage DI + jump as soon as bair ends when hit sideways, and bair+hold down when hit up.

Denzi

Smash Master
It's not which airial is the fastest overall, but the one with the least startup lag. I would think that to be Bair or Dair, but make sue you use the C-stick/don't fastfall if you use Dair.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
If you go to Ulevo's thread, go to page 11. I had asked him before which aerial helped Falco and he confirmed it to be his Bair.

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's not which airial is the fastest overall, but the one with the least startup lag. I would think that to be Bair or Dair, but make sue you use the C-stick/don't fastfall if you use Dair.
Having a hitbox come out does absolutely nothing to change your momentum, it was stated in the huge thread that when super in-depth on this topic and is also simple enough to figure out on your own, what you want is not the aerial with the least startup lag but rather the aerial that lasts the least amount of frames so that you can jump thus returning your control over the direction you are moving

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, so it's the speed at which the move COMES OUT. I see now, I had thought it was total duration, in which case it would be d/uair, but the fastest hitbox is bair. Thanks for the clarification.

Squipy

Smash Cadet
Air-dodging is also proven to shorten your launch lag and helps you jump faster when flying. Jumping is proven to shorten your momentum.

When I get launched, I instinctively air dodge and mash jump with DI.

Top Bottom