• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which 1P mode did you play first?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
training.
i don't have SSBB(Europe,remember?)but the training mode must be the first for me.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I was stopping over at my friend's house to pick up my controller before I picked up my copy (since it isn't smash without a good controller).

Anyways, he'd picked it up at the midnight launch and I sat down and played SSE with him. First thing I played when I picked up my copy was the events. It was my favorite part of Melee, but I wasn't that impressed with these. In Melee, they were (for lack of better words) creative, the events in Brawl just feel thrown together.

MikeyRules112

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-3704-6465
Target Test, then Homerun Contest, then Classic, events, and last SSE

Gn4r

Smash Rookie
I went through classic first to see if I could unlock any characters. Nope.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
I didn't get into the 1-player until like the 5th day since it came out. I got into classic first and didn't stop till I beat Intense w/out continues. Took a few tries.

Pluslerules

Smash Rookie
No one knows I exist P:

I did a bit in Training, then played SSE. Although, I didn't finish it before I played Classic. Here are the order of two of my messages (they won't have the right wording, I'm playing MKWii right now):

You've unlocked Marth, the emblem Prince!
You beat 1P Classic Mode for the first time!

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
SSE. I had my friend over at 1:00 in the morning and we played for about 6-7 hours. Then I had coffee and we did all events (Which are fine, but are trash IN COMPARISON to Melee's). Then I slept for 2 hours and beat classic with about half the characters.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The very minute I got home with the game (midnight, Mar 9th) I went straight to SSE to unlock all the characters, and after three hours (I promised my parents), went to bed, woke up, and finished. The first time I played, I unlocked Marth and Falco, and when I finished, all the other characters. I then went to events to unlock stages (or was it brawl, or is it Classic, I can't remember). I unlocked every character on the first day and all the stages three days later.

LEGND

Smash Rookie
I did Classic on Intense. Didn't even make it past the first level. :laugh:

LEGND

Smash Rookie
SSE. I had my friend over at 1:00 in the morning and we played for about 6-7 hours. Then I had coffee and we did all events (Which are fine, but are trash IN COMPARISON to Melee's). Then I slept for 2 hours and beat classic with about half the characters.
.....****.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
SSE I always play the story/adventure mode of games first then vs then classic then the rest

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Classic with my main. I tested the other characters while in SSE then.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
i went straight to SSE and finished it. i never even saw the character selection screen without any new characters. i dont even remember who the new characters were because you didnt have to fight them or anything.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
On Launch day my friend and I rushed back home and played the SSE on intense and that first view of Petty Pirana vs. 2 tiny kirbies was of epic proportions.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I actually didn't play any 1st player games for a while. I was just Brawling in Group mode.
I think after a couple rounds though I played Classic mode.
Then went to Subspace :)

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I played the Subspace Emissary first before I played anything else, but when I got bored of it, I headed to Brawl mode.

Top Bottom