• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where did you get your name?

Xerolimits89

Smash Rookie
I wanted to know where people get their names? if you have an name you didnt like and chose a new name? what about your team name? crew name? have fun posting

-Russ

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Came from a song I was writing, named for an angel. It sticks to me ever since then, using it on and off for all sorts of games.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I don't really know, except that in every game I play I have this name, and some sort of jumping/gliding/floating trick to show everyone.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Pat, first name + terminator, I suppose. Only heard of it, but yeah... My name in MORE than a nutshell.

Smashing character name: PTNR/PTNTR (The latter for Brawl only.).

finalark

SNORLAX
I like Final Fantasy, The Space Colony ARK from Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favorite game locations. I think you can figure it out.

Cinder

Smash Master
My name was more a random thought...I had gone from The Virus to The Dark Virus to C-Virus to Witchdoctor (yes, I was a Doc user >_<)...and I ended up at Cinder, and my friend said he's gonna get real pissed if I change it again :laugh:...so I decided to stay with Cinder...

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I got the flip part since I'm a Filipino

and star, well it speaks for itself :D

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Well my name is nothin like my name on here. My name on smash is True. It's true b/c i've been a christian rapper since I was 15 years old, and when I would freestyle people would say "True dat..." or "This boy's the truth!" So I just made it my rap name, and ergo my smash name.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Well...I was hoping that my name would strike fear into my opponents "DeathAnchor" sounds pretty frightening right? Especially considering I main Ganon. Lol, but in Real Life I'm prob. the most innocent looking teenager. Oh and i think it just comes off the tongue easy too.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
It was the first thing that popped into my head when I was thinking of what to use as a username. I don't use it anywhere else yet.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
mine was from the mc family( mcdonalds etc.) and i where pants only no shorts ever so pantsmagee

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I used to be into Rollerblading about 7 years ago. That's also the time that I joined my first message board. The name stuck, even though I don't blade at all anymore.

My tag is smash is PLUR. It means Peace Love Unity Respect. Anyone that's cool will understand where it's from. :D

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
When I went to my friends house he begged me to play some Naruto game, and when I finally played, all I did was throw kunai... It worked.

spindash

Smash Ace
Die-Hard fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, of course! I had a few alias' I went by before such as Clandon and Hero. But I've officially decided to stick to something true to my personal gaming liking.

I'm Spin-Dash. :p My Smash Tag is SPIN.

aclimbatize

Smash Rookie
I rock climb, and I'm all about adaping to any situation so I combined acclimate with climb and added ize on the end to make it sound cool....you know

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Well... My name comes from my real name: Keelan P.

So one day I noticed my first name spelled 'Naleek' and I thought it was pretty cool so that was my tag for a while. Then I had to make a 4 letter name for SSBM's name thingy and I didn't want to pick 'KEEL'.
I thought about it for a while and decided to add the first letter of my last name to Naleek, thus making PNaleek!!!

Kinda long winded, don't cha think? ;)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I was born in the year(1988) of the dragon and I leave chaos behind me. Seriously i am the calmest (nicest too) guy you will ever meet so its more ironic than it is me starting trouble.

Top Bottom