• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you love something as much as blading, nothing else seems to matter. BBs HQ

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I miss the good old days :( They probably should have stopped after about the 5 series of cards. They really were pretty balanced and none of the banned cards were really too powerful. Lol, I was the only person who competed in my area without a deck full of 1900/lvl 4's I had 0 vorse raiders and 0 gemini elfs in my deck. I was more about the Trap Hole/Bottomless Trap Holes, Fissures, Raigeki and such. Keep my opponent from bringing out anything then pulling out a retardedly over powered Maha Vailo. United We Stand + Mage Power + Axe of Despair makes it hit very, very hard. I have won matches in one turn like that >.>

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL

Maha Vailo with lotsa equips? I remember doing that and I know what you mean >_> I used to do the same because the cards costed a lot.

Ahhhh man I miss the good old days now too >_>.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
LOL yea :( I know what you mean when I had all the stuff banned I was kinda upset at upperdeck >_>.

Anyway my friends play Yugioh competitively(One of my friends placed 15th at nationals WOOT) and the game is so dumb now. They make cards that do ridiculous things and games seems to last on average 6 turns per player.

Why... am I up at 6:00 am talking about Yugioh >_____>????
because its too good.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I would play Yugioh more, but I don't have the money to build a good deck, nor the will. I still keep my old deck if anyone wants to play, I basically took the warrior structure, had cards stolen, and put new ones in.

I actually quit playing when my tin of good cards got stolen when a "friend" came over to play. There is so much theft associated with trading card games, it pisses me off.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Some of the decks that came out are pretty beast.
Like there's this dark deck with this card Caius the Shadow monarch.
When it gets summoned, remove 1 monster from the game. If it was Dark, inflict 1000 to the controller of that card.
Pretty awesome.
at the card store in my mall, it's $10
^_^
All you have to do is make some edits (banned cards out)
and it's good.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
The game got REALLY broken after GX came around, some of the new cards are just crazy. The bans took care of a lot of the crazy combos prior to the GX cards, IMO.

We should all play yugioh at smash tournaments now.

Cia

das kwl
I would play Yugioh more, but I don't have the money to build a good deck, nor the will. I still keep my old deck if anyone wants to play, I basically took the warrior structure, had cards stolen, and put new ones in.

I actually quit playing when my tin of good cards got stolen when a "friend" came over to play. There is so much theft associated with trading card games, it pisses me off.
this is ridiculously true.. that's why i quit also..

the last two decks i played were magical explosion.. and an OTK deck that revolved around rescue cat.. hahahaha

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i always wantd to play yu gi oh, but i playd magic for so long i never had the urge to start a new game...or collect the vast amounts of cards to make a good deck... i stole my nephews cards once and playd but thats as far as i got..

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea trying to play a new TCG or trying to play after you got your stuff stolen is really hard :(.

At least video games doesn't require that much. >_> I guess thats why I play smash lol.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yea trying to play a new TCG or trying to play after you got your stuff stolen is really hard :(.

At least video games doesn't require that much. >_> I guess thats why I play smash lol.
yah the time and effort is still needed but games are much cheaper on your pockets and everythign is right there for you dont have to go out and look for something

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yah the time and effort is still needed but games are much cheaper on your pockets and everythign is right there for you dont have to go out and look for something
How come every time I see your post I wanna learn how to play a Guilty Gear game?

And really all you need to play a video game is a controller really its amazing :laugh:.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Teczero, I've got a copy :D

I haven't even started playing it, too busy playing FFTA2 and Lufia II lolool

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Teczero, I've got a copy :D

I haven't even started playing it, too busy playing FFTA2 and Lufia II lolool
>_______> I'm soooooo jealous LMAO good stuff Daz you should tell me if its worth looking/buying for after you play it ;).

Btw I'm a video game novice unfortunately :( what are those 2 games I'm assuming they are good games what are they about and whats the genre of them if you don't mind me asking =D.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is a DS RPG, sequel to FFTA. So far it's actually really fun.

Lufia II is an SNES RPG, I'm only playing it because I got cables to hook my laptop to my TV so I can emulate stuff on the TV <_<

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I can't get into it because the main character blows in the looks department.

I'm really weird about main characters and games.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
O_________________O

There is a Final Fantasy Tactics TWO!!!!

I never knew either :(

I think I know the gameplay as long as the gameplay didn't completely change from Final fantasy Tactics.

MAAAAAN Dazwa let some of us find good games D:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
boxman actually found abyss for me, I bought it from him for $10 :D

marche is probably the greatest video game villain ever

his friends and brother all have ****ty lives
they're placed into a world where their problems no longer ail them
**** it you're going home

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
This thread better deliver, that pizza's probably cold by now.

Thanks for talking about FFTA2, now I need to go play it. FFTA was the ****.

Someone else should play some FFCC with me. That game is pretty good.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
FFCC is awesome(I assume we're talking about the DS version, not that the GC version is bad its just like 4 years old) Its great if you like old school hack and slashes and the team AI is(generally) intelligent. The magic system is a bit cumbersome though. Overall, I'd give it a 999,782/1,000,000.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL yea I was talking about the DS one (Although I personally didn't think the GC one was good >_>)

Thanks I'll make sure to pick up FFCC because of you Pink Reaper ;)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
to go back to yugioh, my beast deck is ****. i havent looked @ them in a while though.

id be so down 2 play, i honest forget hoe though lol. the system anyway

Top Bottom