• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When is the next big Canadian melee tourney

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I mean near Kage, RaynEX, chester, pkm, bam, euphoria, etc, wherever you guys are located.

I was supposed to come to the last melee tourney Kage won, but didn't and I need a reason to travel to canada for melee.

<3 Canada

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
we're working on it but most of our scene's converted to brawl because it's easier, and newer, and stuff.

what you saw at ga is most of what we have to offer (plus the montreal crew and like 10 other people).

also it's not "euphoria" it's "Europhoria". euphoria is what Europhoria gets when he touches brown guys who play peach.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
if you don't have one this year I'll hate your nation FOREVER :D

and LOL at that, i didn't know his name was euro phoria >_>

in all seriousness though, when is the next one.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
our last big melee tourney was SFF3 and that had like 45 people

our population difference aside, we're lucky to get 20 locals to come out nowadays 'cuz the brawlrus likes to eat people.

BUT WE'RE WORKING ON IT DAMMIT. WE'RE TRYING!!!!

:cry:

/emo

but in all seriousness i'd strongly consider asking sliq about becoming a mounty puncher. our scene's pretty dead atm.

we'll talk to the frenchies about making a tourney but frenchies only come out if there are 40 locals to feed the pot. this is problematic when only 15 people play melee.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Cash Mooney!! You still owe me that mm, ***** >(

David: We could try to get people from Buffalo too? =/. Talk to Sliq

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Frenchies require 30 locals to come out minimum.
I think we can pull it off, and poke people in the states too. Guelph wants to come for one.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I know Grmo might be doing another tournament in the month of Augest for JeffMan. It'd be a Brawl/Melee event though.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Yo cash, what makes you think your opinion about our country matters to us? You have some nerves to come here and ask us to host a tournament for you (indirectly), especially when you're a kind of real life troll that nobody likes.

I hope you don't show up to any of our tournaments, and if you do, i'll be more than pleased to not go.

Note to other US players that could be attracted to one of our pimpin tournament: You guys are welcome.

EDIT

Hi guys >_>

Chillaxin

Smash Cadet
Yo cash, what makes you think your opinion about our country matters to us? You have some nerves to come here and ask us to host a tournament for you (indirectly), especially when you're a kind of real life troll that nobody likes.

I hope you don't show up to any of our tournaments, and if you do, i'll be more than pleased to not go.

Note to other US players that could be attracted to one of our pimpin tournament: You guys are welcome.

EDIT

Hi guys >_>
U ARE TOOOOO COOL MAN,

i needed somebody to say that

Metà

Smash Master
I'm hosting a huge two-day tournament in early January, but I haven't posted the thread yet. It's in Burnaby, BC, at my university (SFU). This will be the 5th event I've hosted there, and I think I've had pretty good success with them, the only problem has been getting TV's, which is why I'll be renting some. Also, there will be events for all three Smash games.

So yeah, I'll post the info soon, and you guys can decide if you want to fly over here and show us your skills. ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I'm hosting a huge two-day tournament in early January, but I haven't posted the thread yet. It's in Burnaby, BC, at my university (SFU). This will be the 5th event I've hosted there, and I think I've had pretty good success with them, the only problem has been getting TV's, which is why I'll be renting some. Also, there will be events for all three Smash games.

So yeah, I'll post the info soon, and you guys can decide if you want to fly over here and show us your skills. ;)
daaam.

i gotta start walking.

Sanu

Smash Champion

EDIT

Hi guys >_>

Uhhh, you know he was just asking for a Canadian tournament because he likes us, right? :laugh:

Meta: Give me money and I shall come. Most of us can't afford that, lol. Considering East Coast is the Beast Coast, you guys should come over here and show us YOUR skill. ;P

Metà

Smash Master
Uhhh, you know he was just asking for a Canadian tournament because he likes us, right? :laugh:

Meta: Give me money and I shall come. Most of us can't afford that, lol. Considering East Coast is the Beast Coast, you guys should come over here and show us YOUR skill. ;P
I'm not as serious about Smash anymore, so I wouldn't travel that far, but I'm hosting this tournament, trying to make it as epic as possible, and extending an invitation for out-of-province players to attend.

I don't have a job atm, but if I could help you guys fly out here, I would. Unityole is crazy and is trying to help Alancitu travel here from Peru for SSB, but I can't afford stuff like that when I don't have any income of my own, lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Maybe not "big", but decent. ^^;;

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185671

2 day event. No one else from bEast Coast except for the possibility of Kage, which seems very likely. And when I saw it's 2 days, i mean it's 48 hours of friendlies and tournament events. You don't even have to sleep if you want.

Come if you're interested =:3

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'm actually serious guys, lol. It's for the sake of playing with the WC. There are a lot of Melee players there from the looks of it.

It's far from now, and I can properly prep for it. Who else is down to come? Kage suggests air travel, but I'm gonna look into trainz.

Oh and Andy, I will take you, just handle the money issue lol. Driving there would be suicide lol.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm actually serious guys, lol. It's for the sake of playing with the WC. There are a lot of Melee players there from the looks of it.

It's far from now, and I can properly prep for it. Who else is down to come? Kage suggests air travel, but I'm gonna look into trainz.

Oh and Andy, I will take you, just handle the money issue lol. Driving there would be suicide lol.
Hii! :D

Top Bottom