• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When fighting jiggz....?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
when fighting jigss should i just spam bair...i mean his has pretty good rwch and priority and if you hit with the tip of her foot everytime you get considerable knock back...i also try to you needles kind of a lot too...but i dont like to go for a grab because too many times have i been screwed by a crouching jiggly...or just tryingto grab an aerial jiggz like an idiot and then they just move back and then come back in with a fair or a bair....peace

-hiroshi

Ares726

Smash Ace
I had trouble getting a question out of your post (there weren't any question marks), but I think you asked if you should spam bair against a Jigglypuff. Short answer, spamming anything is normally a bad idea. Sheik's bair has plenty of range which can hold Jigglypuff at bay, but Jigglypuff can get around it pretty easily. Using needles is good because it makes Jigglypuff do something besides WoPing in one place. Grabs work really well against Jigglypuff, but getting an opening for one can be tricky at times. However, if you get Jigglypuff to about 100%, dthrow->uair kills on pretty much any stage regardless of DI.

My advice against Jigglypuff is to stay in the middle of the stage and keep pressure on her. If she goes over the edge, don't rush over there if you don't know what you're doing. Using bairs is okay, but don't get predictable. Also, if you dash attack into her shield, she can jump out of her shield and rest you every time. Don't let that happen. Also, uair is going to be as important as fair in this matchup.

Keep in mind that when you're edgeguarding the Puff, you want to do so primarily from the stage. Going out off the ledge isn't a bright idea unless you hit with a well timed fair inbetween her pounds.

Banksya

Smash Ace
jigglypuff is pretty gay indeed. I always feel in control when fighting them, but the good ones can win anyway with some gay **** rest combo if they know how to do it.

Santi

Smash Lord
idk y

i know its prolly not good 2 do

but i stay zelda against the puffball and spam fair and back

even on dreamland...

prolly bad advice ,idk

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I play Sheik but I'm a former Peach main... right now I'm about equally good with both characters...

I got a lil' bit of Peach/Jiggz experience while I got zero Sheik/Jiggz experience... so if I meet a Jiggz in a tourney, should I go Peach or Sheik?

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
Ares726 is correct. Don't just spam bairs. A simple L/R trigger + left/right will dodge out of the way and you might be in a disadvantage. Bairs lag a tad, so it's quick to dodge.

Big Rick, depending on which character your'e better with, play against Jigglypuff. Peach is of a higher tier than Sheik, which can prove strength.

I play Sheik but I'm a former Peach main... right now I'm about equally good with both characters...

I got a lil' bit of Peach/Jiggz experience while I got zero Sheik/Jiggz experience... so if I meet a Jiggz in a tourney, should I go Peach or Sheik?
shiek. peach vs jiggs is just masochistic

Ares726 is correct. Don't just spam bairs. A simple L/R trigger + left/right will dodge out of the way and you might be in a disadvantage. Bairs lag a tad, so it's quick to dodge.

Big Rick, depending on which character your'e better with, play against Jigglypuff. Peach is of a higher tier than Sheik, which can prove strength.
wtf are you high? shiek is higher tier than peach

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Maybe jump above the wop and dair? I tried that and it worked a few times into combos. Spamming needles worked too

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
this matchup is really easy, 0 to about 55% tilt fair and past that grab fair, and your right bair is pretty nice. Just try to get the grabs at unexpected times.

soap

Smash Hero
i upsmash out of shield alot in this matchup, you gotta learn the right situations. or just do a running upsmash if you can call their full jump bair

Boolossus

Smash Ace
F-Tilt works wonders against jiggs, although it does against everyone else as well. When I play my friend who uses jigglypuff, I use Zelda when I'm below 30%, so he can't do a grab + rest combo me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you have no idea how to play against Jiggs at all and are stuck playing one, just (stay with me now) switch to Zelda at higher percents and punish their WoP with your fair and bair.

But really, you shouldn't ever be in that situation. Tilt to fair, tilt to grab to fair, grab to fair, grab to uair, running usmash, usmash out of shield, bair off the ledge edge guard, fastfalled dairs to fair, fastfalled dairs to uair, gimped bair to grab, gimped bair to tilt to grab, etc., etc.

You really have more options than not with Sheik. It really depends on the jiggly player you are against as far as what you shouldu do, but with a little observation you should be fine. If you do happen to play Zelda, she can be very useful against a WoPing defensive jiggs that is at 60% and up, but Sheik should be fine.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
i also have a bit of trouble facing jiggs. I usually don't do badly, but fighting jiggs just messes with me because of the rest and i am usually way to defensive. But one thing i have found helps is when jiggs is at a low percentage dthrow > fair > fair. Usually you can pull of two fairs before jiggs can do anything.

Top Bottom