• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When does the BAS stagger have frame advantage on a close hit? and...

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
stagger as in they don't leave the ground but they're in hitstun, contrary to many jabs that lift you off the ground/

Example: Snake Ftilt, BAS at 0%, falco lasers.

When does BAS and slight charged Spheres start to launch people in the air/into a tumble animation.

idk sometimes its just weird when I do a pointblankish BAS and then I get something off it.

and then sometimes they run into my BAS and then hit me afterwards, LOL.

just started to notice that today.

I think knowing this would help VS people like snake or marth and such.

The launch thing would be useful to know too, Free juggles are always nice.
Mythies, get on dat stat!

Also besides that general Aura sphere camping/spacing/approaching thread I guess.

I expect this to have replies when I wake up :(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
idk what %s or attacks where they trying to use that made them hit you out of bas?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'd love to test this but, yanno... wii broke.

It can't be that high. I've heard of this before.

Or it could just be human lag (omg I just got hit by a BAS what do I do! *jabbed*)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
=\ well.

when u shoot BAS up close it goes right through but still gives aura immolation and keeps going.
=\ but other than that, you need a good aura boost with some % already racked up before you start knocking up any launch distance, i tried and it took at least 70% before i could launch him tumbling with a meduim charged AS

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What's this? You guys actually NEED my data? Heh.

BAS 5 at 0%, 6 at 39%, 7 at 63%, 8 at 91%, 9 at 123%, and 10 at 155% same stock. (You guys could've looked this up yourselves.)

I have no idea how to check the frames, so some else needs to.

I suggest going to training mode and having Marth Up B every frame.

I am not 100% sure on this, but if a person dashes and gets hit by a BAS they might be in more hitstun than if they did not dash. I've noticed that some characters kinda duck inward when they get hit like this.

To be safe you might want to test walking animation, running, and the initial dash animation.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
in the latter %s [both are 100+] if you hit them w/ BAS and they they stagger into a wall [IE they don't go like 4 characters distance away]

You have seem to have a moderate frame advantage.

I was able to string a dsmash after a BAS near the tree on PS1.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Not really, since BAS has greater knockback at different percents, people will be able to test things out easier.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
flrghgbnlhbnlrhgllsdghglsdl.

EVERYTHING HAS GREATER KNOCKBACK AT DIFFERENT PERCENTS, THAT'S THE BASIC UNDERLYING PRINCIPLE OF THIS CHARACTER

Top Bottom